(Topic ID: 97075)

Favorite game you own, not on the 'cookie cutter' list?

By ShaunoftheDead

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Ive
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AP.JPG
    2014-02-24 18.13.25.jpg
    Clark-Griswold.jpg
    lortium.jpg
    image.jpg
    Mousin.jpg
    th-973.jpeg
    There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 9 years ago

Black Rose, highly under-rated game.

#52 9 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard

#53 9 years ago

In my lineup Cue Ball Wizard slightly edges out Riverboat Gambler. CBW has six modes to complete in order to make three ball multi-ball. After draining down to 1 ball you can play 9 ball to get to the 1/2 billion shot. Riverboat has the slot ramp that drops down and the roulette wheel which pulls your hand off the flippers to "pick a color".

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#54 9 years ago

barb wire

pretty meh call outs, but everything else pretty damn good. LOTS to do.
    system 3 TANKAGE

Baywatch and Rescue 911 also.

#55 9 years ago

Transporter: the Rescue and Lectronamo........love the gameplay and looks of both.

#56 9 years ago

Whirlwind! That's mah jam.

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephanEater.com

#59 9 years ago

Roadshow!

#60 9 years ago

Popeye, Bad Cats, and Congo Here lately it has been CSI...not sure if that one is cookie cutter though?

Phoebe

#61 9 years ago

Seawitch
    Meteor

#62 9 years ago

It's hard to choose one as I have a few odd games that are really fun!!
    I'd have to narrow it down to TX Sector,Fire,or Robowar.
    Robowar is a blast,play one if you can find a good table set up right!!
    I guess Robowar would take it for me.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Very hard for me. It's between AFM, MB and SS. I would say MB but not by much over the other two.

Your joking right? There are none more cookie cutter than those three..lol.

#64 9 years ago

Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball, wouldn't mine owning one but it's a ton of fun. Oh and Congo, still looking for one.

#65 9 years ago

Rolling Stones LE. Sometimes it feels good to "cheat" with the extra flipper buttons.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Your joking right? There are none more cookie cutter than those three..lol.

Yes.

#67 9 years ago

Diner

#68 9 years ago

Transporter and mousin around

#69 9 years ago

Space Shuttle

#70 9 years ago

Radical!
    Mousin' Around
    Rocky and Bullwinkle
    All of my SEGA games.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Here lately it has been CSI...not sure if that one is cookie cutter though?
    Phoebe

Not enough cookies to be cookie-cutter I love mine too.

#72 9 years ago

Mystery Castle

#73 9 years ago

I have WOZ and LOTR...two incredible machines. The one I can't stop playing?

Congo.

#74 9 years ago

I would have to say out of my collection "Congo".

#75 9 years ago

Tommy for me also!

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from dgpinball:

Black Rose, highly under-rated game.

Just got one. It's fun, fast, and everyone loves it.

Quoted from sckurk:

Cue Ball Wizard

Glad you are loving it!

#77 9 years ago

Another vote for Mousin Around. Just picked up a beautiful unfaded game. Stupid fast with a lot going on.

Mousin.jpgMousin.jpg

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

Just picked up a beautiful unfaded game.

Wow, that's a beaut!

#81 9 years ago

Another vote for Nascar.

#82 9 years ago

With the exception of white water and funhouse, I don't think any of my games define a cookie cutter collection......I cannot afford a-list titles

#83 9 years ago

Batman Forever is my hidden gem. There is a lot going on with that game an I love all of the ramps! The movie sucked, but they nailed the theme perfect. Great underrated pin IMHO.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

Batman Forever is my hidden gem. There is a lot going on with that game an I love all of the ramps! The movie sucked, but they nailed the theme perfect. Great underrated pin IMHO.

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

image.jpg 190 KB

Great game but the riddler "boing" sound effect really grates on me.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Great game but the riddler "boing" sound effect really grates on me.

I feel the same way. Then I realized that it's just the games way of telling me to play better! Hit your shots and avoid the BOING!!!

Rob Bell
    Robsgameroom.com

#87 9 years ago

My favorite game that is not a "cookie cutter" or "A/B" List game is Comet. It's simple. Has a popular clown/circus theme and an awesome light show when you hit the million point shot!!

#88 9 years ago

Baywatch is a very fun game loaded with ramps and wireforms and fun call outs.

"Best orifice in the world."

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Baywatch is a very fun game loaded with ramps and wireforms and fun call outs.
    "Best orifice in the world."

Baywatch has some neat sounds like the dolphins and sharks. For that reason alone I will never sell mine. Sure it is fun for the wife and I also to play but guess what hearing kids (ages 4-12) giggles because of those sounds is???

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#90 9 years ago

Radical
    Rollergames
    Congo

I want a Mousin Around as I tend to love 3 ramp games

#91 9 years ago

Ali is oddball fun at it's finest for me.

#92 9 years ago

Forgot about my Indy 500 and one of the favorites too. I guess I can add Roadshow and Johnny Mnemonic on this list as well.

#93 9 years ago

I find it interesting that so many people like Mousin Around (me included) and it is almost identical to Road Kings in layout and gameplay, that so many don't care for.

#94 9 years ago

Sorcerer!!!!!!!!!
    Fast, retro, perfect.

#95 9 years ago

Excalibur and Robowar great games.

#96 9 years ago

I like lots of games that aren't on people's A-list. In fact I'd say nearly half the top 10 games on Pinside are games that are "ok". But with that in mind, here are some game anti-cookie cutters that I think are awesome tables.

World Poker Tour. A true player if there ever was one. Most people slept on this table. Keith Johnson didn't.
    Harlem Globetrotters and it's fatter younger brother Paragon. Greg Kmiec is one of the most underappreciated pinball designers that ever lived. Don't gits flipper bitched!
    Super-Flite (Strato-Flite). This is a game that looks like a snoozer. It is not. It will eat you alive and spit out your pride while your 5th ball drains within 45 seconds.
    Jungle Lord. Here is another punisher that makes every shot and every mistake count.
    Flash Gordon. It doesn't even have 2 flippers on the upper PF. Doesn't matter. Claude's best table and possibly the most challenging single ball game ever made.
    Stars. The angles and the flipper layout on deck make that ball bounce from side to side, keeping you in danger every moment of the game.
    Laser Cue. 4 flippers and 16 shots on a single level playfield. The rules require you to shoot every one of them. A true player for everyone. Except the homophobes. For some reason, they don't like this game.
    Roadshow. So much to do. A brilliant layout that doesn't have the most refined DMD ruleset, but who cares!!! The game will have a conversation with itself regardless if you are playing it or not.
    Centaur. This game speaks for itself in a way that a game never has before, and hasn't since then thanks to the reverb unit. A brilliant ruleset that offers real challenge when set up properly.
    Flip-Flop. A deadly fast deck with the most devious and skillful inlane/outlane setup ever conceived.
    Skateball. A 4 flipper asymmetrical sniper-fest that will make you smile under your Tom Sims mustache.
    Solar Fire. The best of the fabulous 4. Every moment is a chance to score. Every moment you are in danger of losing the ball.
    Klondike. Not much love around for late williams EM games. This deck is one of the reasons why you have to do your homework and look past the prejudice.
    Beat the Clock (Williams). A brilliant piece of pinball tech from the early 60's. Multiball, a BG animation that interacts with the PF features and nowhere to hide. Get some miles on this one if you can.
    The Shadow. Is it uncommon, not really. It is cookie cutter. Not in the least. Brian Eddy's sole effort and a brilliant deck.
    The Simpsons Pinball Party. There is absolutely nothing cookie cutter about this game. Can't believe it was made over 10 years ago.
    Fathom. From murder on the BG, to two saucers stacked behind inline drop targets, to two separate bonus ladders to Greg Freres's stunning art package. There is nothing cookie cutter about Ward Pemberton's best deck.

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

The Shadow. Is it uncommon, not really. It is cookie cutter. Not in the least. Brian Eddy's sole effort and a brilliant deck.

Sole effort? Aren't you forgetting a couple games about alien invasions and medieval times? I think you meant first effort or debut.

#98 9 years ago

#139 on pinside and still dropping.

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from sckurk:

Cue Ball Wizard

Quoted from rkahr:

In my lineup Cue Ball Wizard slightly edges out Riverboat Gambler. CBW has six modes to complete in order to make three ball multi-ball. After draining down to 1 ball you can play 9 ball to get to the 1/2 billion shot.

Another one for Cue Ball Wizard here. It's a dramatically underappreciated and undervalued game. Much deeper ruleset than it gets credit for having (yes, there's a bit too much of hitting the ramp involved to reset the next mode), and really a challenge to get to the "end" (I'd bet that few have ever seen it).

EDIT: Sheesh... guys... if the game you chose is in the top 50 on the Pinside 100, you don't need to talk about it. People already know it's a good game.

EDIT 2: Regarding CBW, you can do the 1/2 billion shot while in the "double" mode and get a billion points for a single shot. I've managed to pull that one off twice.

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-game-you-own-not-on-the-cookie-cutter-list/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.