Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by movingpictures
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEs.JPG
Tommy_speaker_grill.jpg
photo_FLP.JPG
cv_backglass.gif
image.jpg
image-10.jpg
ec_vaultofhorror_iss34.jpeg
image-5.jpg
image-3.jpg
starw_bg.jpg
image-7.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Now that I will have owned 3 Data East machines and 2 Williams machines, I noticed something. Data East decorates their speaker grills, and Williams does not. That extra bit of screened art really adds a lot of impact in my opinion. My favorite data East speaker art so far is from TMNT. The Turtle shell design fits the speaker shape perfectly. What's yours? (if its cool enough, it may become my new favorite)

image-7.jpg

#2 7 years ago

DE SW has Death Stars on the speaker grilles. Pretty cool!

#3 7 years ago

Shoot the death star!

starw_bg.jpg

#4 7 years ago

Well that pretty much rocks. Thanks for the pic!

#5 7 years ago

JP's are pretty sweet as well:

image-5.jpg

#6 7 years ago

Don't have this game anymore, so couldn't get a better shot...

image-3.jpg

#7 7 years ago

Tales from the Crypt's speaker grills are funny. Who is that character? Doesn't look like the crypt keeper.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Tales from the Crypt's speaker grills are funny. Who is that character? Doesn't look like the crypt keeper.

one of the three ugly guys from the comic book. storytellers i think. forget the name.
they are also on the playfield in front of the drops.

i have a SPECIAL EDITION tftc with tommy speaker grills.
for some reason it seems to fit ....

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

That extra bit of screened art really adds a lot of impact in my opinion.

I'm right there with you. I love the little extra touches, especially the additional art. My JP & Simpsons speaker grills look cool.

I also like when the speaker housings were decorated, to include Williams games. It gave the machines a finished look. The new Sterns & later model B/W's all went to the black painted wood w/out art & it just looks incomplete to me. I wonder what kind of savings to the manufacturer there were to delete this from their build?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

one of the three ugly guys from the comic book. storytellers i think. forget the name.
they are also on the playfield in front of the drops.
i have a SPECIAL EDITION tftc with tommy speaker grills.
for some reason it seems to fit ....

I think both of them are the Old Witch from the comic book. The other one is called Vault Keeper, but he wears a green cloak, and the speakers both have a red cloak. All 3 are in front of the drops as you say, and in the top left of the translite too.

ec_vaultofhorror_iss34.jpeg

#11 7 years ago

I think both of them are the Old Witch from the comic book. The other one is called Vault Keeper, but he wears a green cloak, and the speakers both have a red cloak. All 3 are in front of the drops as you say, and in the top left of the translite too.

Whoa, never looked that closely at those before. Guess I always though it was just the CK down there.

image-10.jpg

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Now that I will have owned 3 Data East machines and 2 Williams machines, I noticed something. Data East decorates their speaker grills, and Williams does not. That extra bit of screened art really adds a lot of impact in my opinion. My favorite data East speaker art so far is from TMNT. The Turtle shell design fits the speaker shape perfectly. What's yours? (if its cool enough, it may become my new favorite)

Just to correct you...some Williams machines has speaker grills painted. STTNG and IJ definitely do, and both are pretty cool.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Just to correct you...some Williams machines has speaker grills painted. STTNG and IJ definitely do, and both are pretty cool.

I figured that generalized statement would bite me in the ass. But hey, if I wouldn't have made it, you probably wouldn't have felt the need to post in this fine thread. Got pics?

#14 7 years ago

From the pinside gallery.

image.jpg

#15 7 years ago

Best speaker art ever IMHO

cv_backglass.gif

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Whoa, never looked that closely at those before. Guess I always though it was just the CK down there.

Looking at their noses, it looks like it's Old Witch on the right and Vault Keeper on the left, but DE messed up the cloak colour on Vault Keeper

#17 7 years ago

T2 has art...

photo_FLP.JPG

#18 7 years ago

The Union Jack on Tommy is my favorite:

Tommy_speaker_grill.jpg

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The Union Jack on Tommy is my favorite:

I've got a "Tommy" grill on my WWF machine.

...I just pretend it is for the British Bulldog.

#20 7 years ago

The JP speaker art is my favorite and Tommy is my 2nd pick.

#21 7 years ago

I've never seen the BTTF one before, that is my favorite now.

#22 7 years ago

DE boys...

DEs.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside