By Artax

12 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MV5BYmY2M2E4OTUtOWNjNC00NGRkLTg4YWYtYjAxMDUwMmEzMThlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpg
f890af8a42f259126904798df6acb92a (resized).jpg
1_26aef02eb603050b03ff79f9fba600ad (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 6.25.06 PM (resized).png
IMG_1980 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 4.52.57 PM (resized).png
Right Click on this (resized).jpg
IMG_1951 (resized).jpeg
the-fly-vincent-price.gif
IMG_9519 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230929_210150_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_1876 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1881 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 12 months ago

#52 12 months ago

Nobody can touch this public service ad that ran during the 70’s. Hands down it is one of the most effective.

#53 12 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nobody can touch this public service ad that ran during the 70’s. Hands down it is one of the most effective.

You know the actor was Italian (born in US of two Italian parents)? Not that I care what actor plays what, but it did take away some of the impact when I learned this.

Regardless, I hate littering. Can't tell you how many times in my life I've gotten into heated arguments with strangers who threw their trash on the ground or out the car window.

#54 12 months ago

Fat Albert | DVD VHS | Television Commercial | 2003 | Time Life

Look this up on Utube and watch the 2-minute ad that ran about buying this DVD/VHS complete set. Near the end with Mushmouth talking is classic.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#55 12 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You know the actor was Italian (born in US of two Italian parents)? Not that I care what actor plays what, but it did take away some of the impact when I learned this.
Regardless, I hate littering. Can't tell you how many times in my life I've gotten into heated arguments with strangers who threw their trash on the ground or out the car window.

Yeah, imagine these were public service oriented. Also popular were Smokey the Bear commercials by Parks and Rec dept. Between watching Yogi the Bear episodes with Smokey the Bear commercials every now and then, I was ready to stamp out any fires I came across.

As far as the 70’s commercials included singing part of the the Smokey the Bear song. I did some research and the darn song was recorded in the 50’s. It is catchy.

#56 12 months ago

Mikey likes it!

#57 12 months ago

Also popular were Smokey the Bear commercials by Parks and Rec dept.

I've actually been to the Smokey the Bear museum in Ruidoso, NM where the original bear cub who inspired the character was saved during a forest fire in the early 50's. If I recall correctly, he is also buried on the property. Was pretty interesting learning about the real bear and how it spawned the entire forest fire awareness campaign.

#58 12 months ago

#59 11 months ago

One of my faves was any Frito’s commercial that included the singing banditos. Listen closely to the song and I will guarantee you’ll be singing the song all frickin day long. But what is neat about the video is the use of Spanish/English during.

#60 11 months ago

One of my faves was any Frito’s commercial that included the singing banditos. Listen closely to the song and I will guarantee you’ll be singing the song all frickin day long. But what is neat about the video is the use of Spanish/English during.

Reminds me of Disney's Tiki Room. Whoever is doing the voice for this commercial probably did the voice for Jose in the Tiki Room show.

#62 11 months ago
Quoted from oldschoolbob:

All old Volkswagen bettle commercials. I especially like the one that said a volkswagen will defintely float - but a volkswagen will not float indefinely.

It seems that Volkswagen has a bit of a tradition of funny/quirky ads.
Their 'V-Dub Un-Pimps Your Ride' series (2006?) made me laugh out loud.

#63 11 months ago

"For every chicken you ever ate..."

#65 11 months ago

Here's the full original 1971 version:

#66 11 months ago

Here's an actual T.V. commercial for SEGA's Zaxxon arcade game:

#67 11 months ago

Classic Staples ad:

#68 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Reminds me of Disney's Tiki Room. Whoever is doing the voice for this commercial probably did the voice for Jose in the Tiki Room show.

The voice of Jose in the Enchanted Tiki Room was Wally Boag.
The Frito Bandito was voiced by Mel Blanc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frito_Bandito

#69 11 months ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Right on - good info from a local, I presume. Was in your neck of the woods a couple months ago, went to Porto's Cafe for the first time...it was just as magical as Disneyland

#72 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Right on - good info from a local, I presume. Was in your neck of the woods a couple months ago, went to Porto's Cafe for the first time...it was just as magical as Disneyland

Porto's ships their stuff with dry ice.

#73 11 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Porto's ships their stuff with dry ice.

Oh lord...I wish you hadn't told me that. I'm gonna be getting some cheese rolls, empanadas, and ham croquettes next week!

#74 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

Oh lord...I wish you hadn't told me that. I'm gonna be getting some cheese rolls, empanadas, and ham croquettes next week!

I finished off some of their empanadas last week. They even send parchment paper with your order....

#75 11 months ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I could tell right away that was Mel Blanc. He did half the voices of the old cartoon characters it seems. Bugs Bunny, and Barney Rubble to name a couple. I believe that was Desi Arnaz singing the song in that Fritos commercial. Sounds like it was lifted directly from an episode of I Love Lucy.

#76 11 months ago

One of my all time faves…

#77 11 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

One of my all time faves…

With all the changing of professional sports teams from Native American related names like the Indians and Redskins, it’s only a matter of time before the Chiefs officially become the Chefs.

#78 11 months ago

I remember ads for these products:

Operation

Rocket Sockem Robots

Shake N Bake

Battleship - this one’s really good with older style ads.

Alka Seltzer - short history of ads

#79 11 months ago

Its shake n Bake and I hailped

2 weeks later
#80 11 months ago

I don't remember this one, but it looks like a great one. Maybe this was east coast regional...anyone remember this?

#81 11 months ago
Quoted from Artax:

I don't remember this one, but it looks like a great one. Maybe this was east coast regional...anyone remember this?

Yep, very regional. I would buy Iron City beer in the '80's when passing through the Pittsburgh area on the Pennsylvania Turnpike; America's first Superhighway.....

3 months later
#82 7 months ago

Thanks to you good buddy.

#83 7 months ago

Local Chicago TV commercial for Eagle car insurance from late 1990’s.

#84 7 months ago

Whenever I'd be in Florida for work, this is what I was bombarded with on teevee....

#85 7 months ago

Local car dealer from back in the day.

#86 7 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

Local Chicago TV commercial for Eagle car insurance from late 1990’s.

Haha Mancow

MrBally loves this one

#87 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha Mancow
MrBally loves this one

The radio ones were good. The Bully, and the Name Dropper come to mind.

....And if cfh calls asking for help with a Hook machine, tell him I'm busy tonight........

#88 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Local car dealer from back in the day.

Odin! OMG I didn't know you were back! Missed you dude!

#89 7 months ago

Thanks. Not defunct yet!

Go see Cal go see Cal go see Cal!

#90 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Go see Cal go see Cal go see Cal!

#91 7 months ago

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

#94 7 months ago

Well, I could never find that animated plug into Levis ad where the hippies are all flying around in bell bottoms.

But this one stlll exists.

#95 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, I could never find that animated plug into Levis ad where the hippies are all flying around in bell bottoms.
But this one stlll exists.

Hey, I posted that one back in Post #50!
Anyway, here’s a great video comp of 1970’s Levi’s commercials. I think the flying one you’re looking for might be the one at the 10:30 mark.

IMG_1870 (resized).jpegIMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
#96 6 months ago

N.Y. Yankee great, Phil Rizzuto & The Money Store

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#97 6 months ago
Quoted from gjm:

N.Y. Yankee great, Phil Rizzuto & The Money Store
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

And these seemed to always be on in between cartoons

#98 6 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

Hey, I posted that one back in Post #50!
Anyway, here’s a great video comp of 1970’s Levi’s commercials. I think the flying one you’re looking for might be the one at the 10:30 mark.

Ha, I must have missed it the first time.

The plug into Levis one was animated and probably from the late 60s. And it's not in there. The dude actually had a wall plug on his feet and it starts out where he plugs into a wall receptacle and takes off flying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-commercials-from-yester-year/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.