By SDpinballer

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

p1MULH7JsTQC (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Having a tough time picking out the next classics to tackle. Recently completed a few more Charles Dickens. Do you have a favorite? And why?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Dune
I did like a series of books, The Magician

Dune... I hadn't come across that yet. I might take that one up. I hear there's a movie remake being done. Would be nice to get the book in before the new movie. I've seen the old one but that was many years ago. Hmmmm. It's got my interest for sure. Thanks!

#16 3 years ago

Guys, these are great recommendations. Some I've read, others I've never heard of. I am looking up every single book. This may end up turning into my pinhead list of books to read. I was struggling for motivation a bit but these recs are breathing fresh air into the issue. Thanks much!

PS:
A Confederacy Of Dunces has caught my eye, seeing how I LOVE catch-22.
I have Moby Dick on the nightstand and haven't made it through yet. Still working on it (been 15 years so far) but on a small (large) break.
Read Catcher in the Rye recently (again). Hadn't since high school.
Yes, quite a fan of Dickens but haven't delved into Doyle yet. I will look into these.
I've never read or experienced a comic book, but am open to it. I've seen them and looked through but never read. My son likes that type of reading sometimes. Will look into it.
Oh, and not ready for Count of Monte Cristo again (or Three Musketeers). That is one of the best in my opinion.

There are others above that look great so really appreciate!

#36 3 years ago

Well that's quite a list. I've looked into many of these. Early on though, Dune caught my attention, and like pinball - once it's got my attention, I must have it! So, Dune it is for this time. I'm going to favorite this thread so I can keep checking these off the completed list. Thanks much all!

now time for a little...

p1MULH7JsTQC (resized).jpgp1MULH7JsTQC (resized).jpg
#40 3 years ago

So I started Dune last night. Am very glad I put up this post. It’s just what was needed. Is a genre I wasn’t considering and recommended by likeminded hobbyists. Weird to be excited about a the beginning of a book but that’s how I feel. Usually take me 1/2 way or more through it. Thanks again all!

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

OP, when you get done with Dune, read Frank Herbert’s White Plague.

Looking into this for sure. Can’t put Dune down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-classics-novel-book?tu=sdpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.