Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,059 posts
  • 213 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Grayman_EM
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ar445 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20230401_160206_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    diabolik-wide (resized).jpg
    71X8cOH+8hL._AC_SL1001_Lattitude (resized).jpg
    8B8A62BC-92EC-411B-9B08-B785EF313EBC (resized).jpeg
    BFE8B164-79D3-409D-A3D9-5F8446F4F7A0 (resized).jpeg
    jcvh (resized).jpg
    eac (resized).jpg
    Mole_People (resized).jpg
    the_trip (resized).jpeg
    699D3487-F86E-4E96-81F6-84C46E122779 (resized).jpeg
    6EF80FB1-5D2A-479C-A1ED-1722756C3B4F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grayman_em.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#944 3 years ago

Well Darkstar with Bruce Dern I remember it as a good scifi. Going back more The Good Earth I think 1937. Also YES I like silent ones besides the comedies. Gish, Pickford, Fairbanks,etc.

Funny thing is I own more silent movies than the library I go to.

#950 3 years ago

I have the book and read it.

#955 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

You guys remember these? Both were made-for-TV movies, both scared the living shit out of me as a wee lad.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Did you see the sequel to the Vodoo Doll one? Trilogy of Terror II

Starts out right after the cops take her away.

#961 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

No, but Im sure gonna go check it out if I can find it online or streaming.
    I did watch these two sweet 70s flicks yesterday, highly recommend both.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I have seen The Mechanic the 70's one still haven't seen the remake. I always remember a The Critic episode with Charles Bronson in Deathwish 8 in a hospital bed saying I wash I was dead over and over. I miss that series.

#967 3 years ago

Not my favorite and it really stinks if you have seen it. But it is obscure. Plan 9 From Outerspace

#971 3 years ago

All you need to know...White Line Fever...saw it on the screen when it came out and I ALWAYS remember it.

Sorry had to add this ALL TIME favorite: Heavy Metal! Both movie and music!

1 month later
    #978 3 years ago

Saw this when I was young at a drive-in and scared me good.

children-shouldnt-play-with-dead-things-movie-poster-1972-1010405380 (resized).jpgchildren-shouldnt-play-with-dead-things-movie-poster-1972-1010405380 (resized).jpg
    #982 3 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

I know that film.
    That same director later went on to do A Christmas Story.

Kind of a change of pace and also "A Christmas Story" can get scary too if you watch it enough.

Quoted from rx3:

[quoted image]

I liked him in "Soylent Green" with that saying being screamed "Soylent Green is people!!!"

1 year later
    #1030 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

At the Earth's Core a great Edgar Rice Burroughs book but the movie was nowhere near as good. Wish they would remake it and do it justice.

The War Of The Gargantuas I have seen many times and used to have pictures from the film that the theater would put up instead of a poster. My uncle back in the 70's ran one of two theaters in the Florida Keys. His was in Marathon and back then it was one of only a few things to do back then as now it is bought up. I miss that place and the movies I watched.

The Land that Time Forgot was the better of the two movies also both Edgar Rice Burroughs books.

#1032 2 years ago

Deathship was good if I am remembering the correct movie. Italian ship I think in the 50's or early 60's starts at a party aboard and moist of the tourists are halved should we say!!!

#1034 2 years ago

I remember this as a kid and watched it on Sammy Terry who hosted old Horror and Sci Fi movies.

The Mole People was a low budget (B movie I would call it) and also the movie Riders to the Stars (1953) which you can stream for free here off the internet.

Mole_People (resized).jpgMole_People (resized).jpg
    #1039 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Unless it was a remake of this movie, that would be Ghostship that you are thinking of.

Sorry Zablon I guess I got my ships mixed up, chalk it up to old age.

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Robert Zemeckis and Steven Spielberg's 1979 $35,000,000 comedy, 1941
    [quoted image]

Quite a cast this movie has.

girloveswaffles I own that movie and I think it doesn't get the credit as a John Belushi movie also.

#1046 2 years ago

I have an original 1980 MCA Discovision copy, a MCA / Universal Widscreen Laser disc, and a DVD copy. I just need to get a Blu Ray copy one of these days.

girloveswaffles just how old are you? Do you have a VHS copy also?

I thought I was the old person around here?

#1048 2 years ago

You should visit the Goodwill here girloveswaffles all my VHS players have broken and I just donated about 750 VHS movies to them. Including my Beatles Yellow Submarine tape also.

Just slightly older than me I turn that age this month.

1 year later
    #1059 7 months ago

Heavy Metal (1981).
    Recently got the 4K relerase
    [quoted image]
    Hands down, one of the best looking Copies of the movie on video!
    Yeah, it shows it age a bit, but still a fun movie to watch. Down side, most of the stories from the magazine aren't very accurate (save Captain Sternn Saves the Day), Upside the original stories are great (Harry Canyon, B-17, Taarna)
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082509/

This one is way better than Heavy Metal 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grayman_em.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-classic-movies-that-are-somewhat-obscure-?tu=grayman_em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.