• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1030830.JPG
wasted-shot.jpg
tn_image-A36.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

I LOVE the game, but Baby Pac-Man center target almost always leads to a center drain.

#52 9 years ago

I love the goal shot on WCS94, the goalie adds a great variable to it, as if you miss it it could go a number of ways. Used as the jackpot shot during multiball, so it's an important one as well.

Plus, and I know MOF appreciates this, it gets kicked back to the flippers really fast so if you make it it's satisfying, and there isn't a lot of wait time, just enough to prepare yourself.

#53 9 years ago

I hate the center shot in Fishtales. WAY to close to the flippers.

#54 9 years ago

I like the garage door on TSPP. I think it's a fun bash toy and cool to hear the "plink", then catch the ball and shoot it back in.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I love the goal shot on WCS94, the goalie adds a great variable to it, as if you miss it it could go a number of ways. Used as the jackpot shot during multiball, so it's an important one as well.
Plus, and I know MOF appreciates this, it gets kicked back to the flippers really fast so if you make it it's satisfying, and there isn't a lot of wait time, just enough to prepare yourself.

Nice, how does it get returned to the flippers if you make the shot?
-mof

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I hate the center shot in Fishtales. WAY to close to the flippers.

Dude, that's one of the best. huge risk, and when it's lit, huuuuge reward.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Isn't it a captive ball, like Embryon? I love the captive ball in Embryon. LOVE.
-mof

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Nice, how does it get returned to the flippers if you make the shot?
-mof

VUK to a wireform, it's fast though.

#59 9 years ago

I know it's another toy but Doctor Who's Time Expander takes the cake for me.

It has to be the most interactive toy in pinball. It moves between three levels: two ball lock saucers and a stand-up target; a bank of mushroom opto targets that absorb momentum; three scoops with dalek doors.

It is a very effective centre shot because a newbie can experience most of what the game has to offer just by shooting up the middle. Getting all the way to multiball is a rush. We all know that newbies only ever shoot up the middle!

Of all the games I've owned I think DW is the only one that most newbies who have played it have achieved multiball reliably through their own effort. And because one of my favourite things about pinball is sharing it with others, this is a valuable asset.

#60 9 years ago

My most disliked centre shot has to be the sniper tower in Judge Dredd. Shooting from the upper right flipper results in so many bounce-outs it is maddening. In fact all of the centre shots up there in JD are unnecessarily difficult from that upper right flipper. It would be a killer game if those shots felt great but they rarely do.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Risk? What else do you have to shoot for on that game? Those 3 center shots are drain city if missed. The other 3 shots in the game does not progress anything without hitting these 3 center shots. If they were a bit further up the playfield you would have time to react to a missed shot.

#62 9 years ago

As you review the choices in this thread, be sure and be generous with your thumbs up/dn so we can know which "ideas" have the most consensus.

TIP: Post one idea per thread, or else when people thumbs DOWN you -- you'll have no idea why.

-mof

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I LOVE the game, but Baby Pac-Man center target almost always leads to a center drain.

Second this. The safe in Sopranos can be deadly too. I would have to pick Baby Pac though. So close to the flippers.

#64 9 years ago

Probably pretty boring to others, but I love the center shot on MM. love the drawbridge, moat, gate, and the action the castle makes when destroyed.

#65 9 years ago

Junkyard!

#66 9 years ago

It's not my "most favorite" but I appreciate that when you make the center shot on STTNG is has ZERO chance of going SDTM. Of course missing it is another story.

#67 9 years ago

My least favorite up-the-middle shot is the "Light Lock" shot on Dr. Who. It's a necessary shot that creates a lot of SDTM drains for me when I hit it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-center-shot/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.