(Topic ID: 331101)

Favorite Ad Hyperbole

By ruralcollector

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Favorite Ad Hyperbole ”

• Immaculate 1 vote
      5%
    • Vintage 1 vote
      5%
    • Loaded 3 votes
      14%
    • Collector Quality 1 vote
      5%
    • Nicest I've ever seen 9 votes
      43%
    • Price increase if highlighted issue/s are resolved 2 votes
      10%
    • Modz 0 votes
    • HEP Style 4 votes
      19%
    • Don't miss out 0 votes

(21 votes)

#1 1 year ago

I can't be the only one that has noticed the trendy changes in ad descriptions in the last few years. What are some of your favorite hyperbolic statements that have made you laugh, cringe, or personally use to move a machine? Poll added and feel free to add suggestions.

#2 1 year ago

"HEP-like restoration"

#3 1 year ago

Home-Use-Only for the last X years.

Tasteful LED lighting.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Home-Use-Only for the last X years.
    Tasteful LED lighting.

The amount of people posting “I have XYZ HUO!!!” Pisses me right off.

HUO has a very specific meaning and interpretation. Yes, I am proficient in translating ignorance to English, so I understand what they actually mean.
    In general this hobby and website is designed for people who play and collect pinball machines for their homes, so it’s redundant to state the game is used at home. Operating is a TINY portion of Pinside.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from ruralcollector:

I can't be the only one that has noticed the trendy changes in ad descriptions in the last few years. What are some of your favorite hyperbolic statements that have made you laugh, cringe, or personally use to move a machine? Poll added and feel free to add suggestions.

“I don’t want to sell it but I have *insert NIB* coming this weekend”

Then why buy a new game?? Why have it for sale??

#6 1 year ago

Minty!

#7 1 year ago

So many to pick from I’m not sure I can only pick one.

#8 1 year ago

Maybe not hyperbole, but not a fan of “like new, only x plays.” Guess the game must suck if you’re selling it after 30 plays.

#9 1 year ago

Why are HUO plays sooooo much better than route plays?

I mean, sure your HUO pin has 1/10th the balls played at 15x the ball length time…

So my answer is HUO

#10 1 year ago

Australian Delivered

#11 1 year ago

You spelled "imamaculate" wrong in the poll, but that's my choice.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Why are HUO plays sooooo much better than route plays?
    I mean, sure your HUO pin has 1/10th the balls played at 15x the ball length time…
    So my answer is HUO

You haven't seen me on Pinbot. Hello outlane...

#13 1 year ago

"No LoWBaLl OFfeRS, I nO WaT I GaUT!!!!!!"

#14 1 year ago

The last few weeks it’s been “Dave Lucas restoration”.

#15 1 year ago

Works 100% except for X, Y, and Z.

99% LED (where the 1% requires removing 3 ramps and mechs to get to).

#16 1 year ago

I really don't give a shit about sales hyperbole stuff. Comes with the territory. I'm glad your 30 year old game is HUO since 2005, and it's also nice to hear that your machine is "tastefully modded."

What I don't need to hear is that you are "only selling it to take room," or that you love the game but "unfortunately my little one is afraid of robots."

I don't care why you are selling it, and nobody else should either.

#17 1 year ago

“Very nice”. Every single game for sale uses this. Ok. Thanks for clarifying it’s not a pile of crap.

Just take a lot of very good pictures and point out any problems. That would be refreshing

Bad pictures, 3 pictures, too lazy to remove the glass pictures, dark pictures are my biggest peeve. Don’t be lazy and take us some good pics!

#18 1 year ago

Extremely rare.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Extremely rare.

I can’t believe I missed this one

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-ad-hyperbole- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.