By unclerudy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1991music (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

(Sorry, impossible to narrow down to only 1.)

Sugar “The Act We act” (Copper Blue is one of the best 90s albums.):

PJ Harvey “Sheela-na-gig”

Brian Jonestown Massacre “Anemone”

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tough question, so much shit, and so much I think is 90s but came out 89.

Over "Changes?" Bold claim!

"Changes" is definitely peak-level playing, writing, and singing! However ALL the songs are so strong that the album almost feels like a "greatest hits" collection, so I tend to play the entire thing (very loud of course) and picking a favorite is sort of like picking a favorite son, lol.

"The Act We Act" has about the most epic album-opening riff of anything I've heard by anyone and that short but sweet solo at the bridge is one of the best of Bob's career, so it jumped out as the one to single-out.

Since I am making "bold" claims, I'll go ahead and state that the Sugar albums plus "Sunshine Rock" are better than anything he did in Dü.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Teenage me decided I needed to drop acid and listen to it looped or repeat, a decision I do not regret one bit.

I hope you did the same with MBV "Loveless"!

That plus "Gish" was a hell of a combo for this sophomore college student back in the day, no regrets here either!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorite-90s-song?tu=Thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.