By scarybeard

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

So I'm looking to scratch build my first pinball table, but as I'm more an artist and less of an electrician or programmer, I'm going to settle with a non-electric table to start with.

As I am working out the design of the table playfield now, (right now I'm thinking of a 'bride of pin-bot layout) I thought I'd ask if any of you have played many of the older (or newer) non-electric tables that rely only on the ball landing in scoring pockets or scoring lanes and such. Even though I'm doing this as an experiment, I'd like it to turn out fun, even if it is simple. So any features you could call out, or pit-falls to avoid would be appreciated!

I'm currently wondering how to deal with scoring points on the table. 1) have balls fall into pockets on the field that have their points marked, and you add up all your pocketed ball points at the end of the game. 2) have balls fall into scoring pockets, that lead them back to the plunger, and you rack up your points manually on an 'abacus' type system. Simple ideas, but its going to be a simple game. Which would you prefer?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/favorate-non-electric-pinball-table and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.