• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TomGWI
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

After starting Fathom, there are seven MPU blinks but then this happens:

1. Two, and only two, lamps blink: "In sequence" and "Extra Ball when flashing"
2. The solenoid at the Cave Trap eject hole is activated a couple of times.
3. The game won't reach attract mode and a game can't be started (the two lamps described above continue to blink, but the other lamps remain off).
4. The displays are off, except for "Credits".

I have done diagnostics and then everything seems to work (lamps, solenoids, displays,...). There seems to be a problem with switch 42 but that shouldn't stop the game from starting.

I should mention that the sound isn't working (waiting for parts) but that shouldn't keep the game fram starting.

I would really appreciate advice!

#2 2 years ago

I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice here, but given this era of Bally's, have the plugs and pins on the MPU, Solenoid Driver Board been rebuilt yet? Has the Power supply been rebuilt yet? If not, diagnosing these early Bally's can be like chasing your tail. You could try methodically removing and reseating the plugs on the back box boards to see if anything changes. If things do change it's a good indication the plugs and pins need to be rebuilt. Just my $.02.

#3 2 years ago

Are all the balls (3) in the game and accounted for? The game won't start if there are only 1 or 2 ball(s) present.

#4 2 years ago

Sorry, I meant the game won't start if there are no balls or only 1 ball present.....

#5 2 years ago

It works with three balls! Thanks!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from nibre:

It works with three balls! Thanks!

Love the easy fixes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Lafayette, IN
$ 17.00
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 157.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside