3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JethroP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Scratching my head on this. Beginning work on project Fathom. Installed a working Weebly.com Universal MPU board with dips set for Fathom. Installed a known good solenoid driver board. Installed all 3 balls. Turn on game and after MPU gets 7th flash one feature light comes on, the outhole kicks out one ball, then another, and game freezes there. If I then take a ball and put it back in the outhole, it kicks out 2 times again, then the displays come on and the all the feature lamps come on in attract mode, but doesn't coin up and the credit button doesn't do anything. All 4 switches at the outhole test good and are adjusted. What do you suppose is going on?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Did you run the switch test to check for closed switches with the balls removed?

Yes. There are no closed switches indicated during the switch test.

Quoted from Xenon75:

or you have a shorted cap on one of the switches causing havoc with the switch matrix.

If there was a shorted cap, wouldn't that show up during the switch test as a closed switch?

Quoted from TractorDoc:

I'd suggest the fun task of re-pinning the connectors

Yeah, I knew someone was going to suggest that. Ugh! You're probably right, and I am going to order parts tonight. Just hoping there was something else, subtle or otherwise to try first.

It's really going to suck if I repin all the board connectors and still have this problem!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JethroP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-won-t-boot-start-correctly?tu=JethroP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.