(Topic ID: 227167)

Fathom - What's it Worth (Price Police & Price Pumpers Welcomed)

By meSz

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by freddy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Fathom - What's it Worth (Price Police & Price Pumpers Welcomed)”

• 2-3k 20 votes
    16%
  • 3-4k 32 votes
    26%
  • 4-5k 32 votes
    26%
  • 5-6k 28 votes
    23%
  • 6-7k 5 votes
    4%
  • 7-8k 7 votes
    6%

(124 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Pump you up.png
pump up the numbers.png
BE66EB05-DE82-4530-9048-B4DC0D154D53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0379[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0375[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0376[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0377[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0374[1] (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 5 years ago

5k in a blink. Need more pics but easily 6500 if the underside matches what is expected for this game and a pf swap.

#24 5 years ago

Also, what grade CPR pf? And did you top clear by a pro prior to install?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Like I said it is worth $2700- to me, I think Fathom and Medusa are overpriced for a 80's machine-that's all. I already stated several times I think the market value is over $5000. All of the Fathom owners or people who want one can keep price pumping this title up, but people like me think it is crazy. Good art and rarity are why this title demands more than 5K-that's it. Fathom inflation is almost as bad as TX-Sector thanks to all the price pumpers. Collectors trying to one up each other by obtaining the 'rare' machine. It is a good game but in my opinion- no where near 5k market valuation. Different strokes for different folks.
Now back to the silent auction

You have paid big money for all sorts of titles, but you drawn the line at games like Fathom (one of the top ten games of the entire 1980s)? Makes zero sense to me. I don't think anyone is pumping when project fathoms have been selling for more than what you are saying this nice example with CPR pf already installed is worth.

This game is a whole lot more than just rare with good art. I actually don't find it to be very rare tbt, but it still highly desired. Great classic game with three flippers, non traditional layout, tons to shoot for including real ball locks and a stellar multi action combine with great drops and spinner shots. Toss on that a cool theme and great classic art. Prices on some titles are justified outside of rarity and there is a good reason that they sell for what they do.

I don't think collectors are trying to one up when they are buying whatbthey like. When new base model games are selling for over Five thousand... seems like a no brainer for many of us to easily spend that or more on a nice example classic that we enjoy more and is nearing four decades old.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, i respect you and like you, but if you are going to say that these are pumping numbers, then please link up your examples of real world sales that are closer to your estimatd value.

I will check in later

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just a couple years ago this title sold for half of what it does today-no need for documentation. I like you as well, and we can poke fun at each other -it's all good. Seriously though two words-TX Sector, and TNA.

Both amazing games! TNA can luckily still be found at MSRP and you can even order direct today!

TXsector also a great game. There is a really nice example in milwaukee for 3000 i think. Seems to be fair for a nice example currently.

As for what fathom sold for a few years ago, then please go link up the most recent restored example that sold for 2700... i am curious how long ago that was?

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dude you cant deny that you would go into battle mode and try and defend those two titles and 'pump' them up in any forum discussion related to those titles.

Nah, great games stand on their own.

Still waiting for that link. Go back to whatever is the most recent restored fathom for 2700. Link it up.

#51 5 years ago

Here is the last for2700 i see...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/54170
Bit of a project

3 weeks later
#60 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

SOLD - Mods you can close this thread if you want

Congrats. Guess I was right on this?

Quoted from Whysnow:

5k in a blink.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

you were 500 off
Seriously thanks for input everyone!

Cheers. yeah I was shooting low for fear of being called a pumper... it did not work

Feels good to be vindicated, lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-what-s-it-worth-price-police-welcomed-?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.