Fathom - What's it Worth (Price Police & Price Pumpers Welcomed)

(Topic ID: 227167)

Fathom - What's it Worth (Price Police & Price Pumpers Welcomed)

By meSz

36 days ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by freddy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Fathom - What's it Worth (Price Police & Price Pumpers Welcomed)”

• 2-3k 20 votes
    17%
  • 3-4k 32 votes
    27%
  • 4-5k 30 votes
    25%
  • 5-6k 26 votes
    22%
  • 6-7k 5 votes
    4%
  • 7-8k 7 votes
    6%

(120 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Pump you up.png
pump up the numbers.png
BE66EB05-DE82-4530-9048-B4DC0D154D53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0379[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0375[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0376[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0377[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0374[1] (resized).JPG

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 35 days ago

Here is the last for2700 i see...
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/54170
Bit of a project

#52 35 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I updated my post now you need to update yours. Instead of Fathom What's it worth (Price Police Welcomed)
needs to be changed to Fathom What's it Worth (Price Police & Price Pumpers Welcomed)

Done!!!! LOL

#53 35 days ago

Sorry for the not posting everyone in the past 12 hours but I went out for "a beer" yesterday and the next thing I remember is that I was trying to remember what happened!

I have been getting PMs and responded to some. Will respond to the others in the next few minutes so again apologies for the delay!

For those that think I am trying to do this and trying to do that I seriously put this post up for no other reason then to see what this game is worth. Yeah I want to make as much money off of it as I can but I am also wanting to put a realistic price on it! I've seen this game go for in excess of 7k but I really didn't pay attention to the details of those machines. So again....just wanted to see what a good price is as I am going to list it!

THANKS for all the post!

#54 35 days ago

There are examples in the "7's" but the difference is what they Sell for. Using a "in the 7's" example I played the game in this add this week which just sold a few weeks ago and it was Breathtaking perfect and sold for $6,100 with plastics and even a pretty bed time blanket. lol Seeing/playing this game Made me start looking. As Whysnow wisely stated the game is just dam Fun! Hope to find one hopefully even yours till then congrats to owners of this fun game!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/66865

#55 35 days ago

I was looking for a nice one for a while and ended up buying the one sold by tuna_delight that he mentioned earlier in this thread. In my search the examples I was able to find under $5k (and even then not much under) had a lot of playfield wear and cabinet issues. Hard to know the exact condition of this one but if I were still looking would be willing to pay at least $6k for it.

#56 35 days ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I was looking for a nice one for a while and ended up buying the one sold by tuna_delight that he mentioned earlier in this thread. In my search the examples I was able to find under $5k (and even then not much under) had a lot of playfield wear and cabinet issues. Hard to know the exact condition of this one but if I were still looking would be willing to pay at least $6k for it.

Ok now that makes sense and appreciate you sharing some pics. Yes the one you bought from #tuna_Delight was a museum quality game no question and absolutely worthy of that 6k plus tag as it was a masterpiece inside and out. Just sell it to me so my hunt is over! lol

#57 33 days ago

In this day and age I'd say $5-6k US. It is a lot but there weren't many of these and it is one of the premier titles (if not the premier title) from the early 80's Bally's. I am biased as I own the game but I believe it's worth ever penny relative to prices of machines across the board these days!

3 weeks later
#58 13 days ago

So life got in the way but I finally listed the game for sale ....

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70945

Most were telling me it was worth 5-6k so I listed it for 5550. Thanks for the input all and if it sells great ... if not great!

#59 10 days ago

SOLD - Mods you can close this thread if you want

#60 10 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

SOLD - Mods you can close this thread if you want

Congrats. Guess I was right on this?

Quoted from Whysnow:

5k in a blink.

#61 10 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Congrats. Guess I was right on this?

you were 500 off

Seriously thanks for input everyone!

#62 9 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

you were 500 off
Seriously thanks for input everyone!

Cheers. yeah I was shooting low for fear of being called a pumper... it did not work

Feels good to be vindicated, lol.

#63 9 days ago

This ad/sale turned out way better than others I've read here on Pinside.
Congrats to seller and buyer.
-Mike

#64 9 days ago

Fathom The Heavy Hitter! congrats on sale!

#65 9 days ago

I paid $1800
For one a year ago
Primered cabinet.
After CPR and Ron Kruzman
I’m into now $4k
Now let’s ad , pinball pimp stencil
Kit, new boards, displays, plastics
And post , bulbs and 300 hrs of buffing every part top n bottom

Sold the game around 8k ?
Trust me I lost my ass

#66 9 days ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

This ad/sale turned out way better than others I've read here on Pinside.
Congrats to seller and buyer.
-Mike

Yeah you do see some unfortunate situations! The buyer was a great guy to deal with and I hope he's happy with his purchase (you never know the morning after! Its like ........... )

#67 9 days ago

I paid $5,000 for a trashed one that included new CPR PF (that needed to be installed) and all new PF plastics, posts, rubbers, etc.

Finished the restore about a month ago (everything except cabinet). Turned out perfect!

So I'm in for $6,000. I think that's a fair price, considering its rarity and how in demand it is.

It's a great game, beautiful with a solid set of rules and fun shots.

It's probably never leaving my collection.

#68 9 days ago

Anyone have original lane guides (ABC lanes) I’d like to match the originals I have an incomplete set the center two are reproduction.
Any help appreciated also looking for an original cave trap plastic mine has a crack.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside