Fathom 1 (resized).jpg
6E3F30F2-5649-41A3-8210-1112031E5186 (resized).JPG
A937DE74-F346-46D1-AF14-0B60451EA59C (resized).JPG
fathplas04_(resized).jpg
fathplas03_(resized).jpg
fathplas02_(resized).jpg
fathplas01_(resized).jpg
IMG_8399_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insearchofspace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I recently purchased the CPR plastics set with that includes the topper. I can find pictures of what it looks like assembled online, but nothing on what hardware to use etc... Who has put this thing together and has a few pointers to share?

Many thanks in advance

#2 8 years ago

I tried calling the distributor, they suggested making a post on here! CPR has yet to respond to my email...

#5 8 years ago

When I called the distributor, they said that they sent it with everything CPR sent them. They then then suggested making a post on pinside to ask what to do. I guess I'll just have to figure out something on my own.

#8 8 years ago

Huh. I just got off of the phone with the distributor again, and they said that they're going to try to track something down. CPR hasn't said anything back yet, but they're probably busy doing more important things.

#9 8 years ago

The man has spoken:

“There was never any hardware in the bags, right back to 2009 when we first ran them. We left the creativity up to the end user, as many have differing views on whether or not to screw into their backbox wood or not. Some mount to weights/blocks, that simply sit on top of the machine. Some use basic L-brackets from Home Depot (a buck each) and some nuts and bolts. Either way, we put two laser-cut holes in it so folks can do their magic as they like. The goal is universal, to vertically stand on top of the backbox.

The piece is not original, and a "bonus piece" we came up with... basically a freebie in each bag, so we didn't go much further with it.

Personally for mine, I did the L-bracket method, parts from Home Depot.”

#11 8 years ago

That came from someone at CPR... The plot thickens!

#15 8 years ago

Relax, I'm not accusing anyone of being a liar. I appreciate the information that you've provided. I just find it interesting that there are 2 differing stories being presented. No need to get defensive. If anything, the interesting part is the fact that CPR says the hardware never existed, when clearly, you got hardware from them.

Also, I have no friends at CPR. I asked the distributor, they asked CPR, I got a forwarded email.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insearchofspace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-topper-assembly?tu=insearchofspace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.