56 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by dmarston
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 56 days ago

The Classic Pinball Podcast presents special guest Tommy Skinner and a discussion about Bally Fathom.

#3 56 days ago

Thanks again for having me on guys.

#5 55 days ago

Nice episode, really been enjoying these.
    Tommy and George sound like they’re underwater though! Any chance you could improve the audio so at least you’re all at the same sound level and clarity as Dave?
    Otherwise keep it up, it’s great to hear about the old games.

#6 55 days ago

It’s Dave’s booming announcer voice that drowns us out.

Seriously, we are a budget outfit and the Anchor software we use does not have a line level to bring all voice audio to an equal level. It is a serious flaw that I try to work around every time we record. Believe it or not I’m the one with the mic directly plugged in and Dave and Tommy were the call ins.

We appreciate your support and will attempt to rectify this issue in upcoming episodes.

#7 50 days ago

Easiest thing would be to master your audio before upload.

Each caller gets their own 'track' in a multi-track recording, then adjust volumes, cut out whatever you need to, etc. across all tracks, then normalize and compress. That'll take care of 99% of audio balance issues. The rest is a matter of getting the gain set on each track or running an amplify filter (up or down) to get them all close before the compression and normalization. Export as a single stereo track and you're set. I use Audacity for this purpose - it's free and works on Windows, Mac and Linux.

If you're using Skype (on Windows) for the calling software, I recommend Amolto call recorder, as it automatically splits each caller into their own .mp3 track automatically, as well as providing a combined track.

I don't know what capabilities the anchor interface uses, but I'm willing to bet that it's really streamlined and not tailored for making good quality audio.

3 weeks later
    #8 28 days ago
    Quoted from dluth:

Any chance you could improve the audio so at least you’re all at the same sound level and clarity as Dave?

Please try harder on this issue. I tried to listen to this episode in my car and I was constantly turning the volume control. Eventually, I gave up and just set it so I could hear Dave and the clearest bits from the others, with the rest being mumbles. As Nick says, Audacity is free.
    .................David Marston

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 9,000.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.50
    $ 16.50
    Lighting - Led
    Lermods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 69.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 26.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside