7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by yyyyyikes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yyyyyikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi anyone and everyone.

In test mode Fathom is reporting that the Right flipper button switch is closed (Number 7),
which i guess is the secondary switch on the cabinet flipper switch.

Could this be due to the diode being faulty? The flippers are un-stagable in play - even when
the secondary switch has clearly not been closed.

Does anyone have photos of the correct installation of the cabinet flipper button switch?

Thanks in advance, also thanks if I'm way off the mark and it's something completely different.

#3 7 years ago

hiya, no they look well clear of each other (well clear enough). I guess the thing to do is replace the second switch, I have a few - just no diodes.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4 7 years ago

i think it may be that there's quite of few switches, or at least a few that are not wired correctly - disconnected one wire from the secondary cab switch and the error disappeared (obviously) just need to wire it correctly.

also, the top saucer rollover is wired in the same fashion (i.e. wrongly).

does anyone have photos of the underside of their fathom?

or could tell me which colors to wire to which parts of these particular switches please - would be a massive help. i guess the only thing that matters with a switch is which direction the diodes are pointing to which wires (which i tested and are ok). i bet once i rewire that saucer (which was acting strangely, it kept shooting the ball out behind the drops), there will be another error.

thanks much in advance!!!!!!

#5 7 years ago

ah, heck, i'm having fun with the schematics now anyhow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
£ 195.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yyyyyikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-right-flipper-button-switch-closed?tu=yyyyyikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.