• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yyyyyikes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi anyone and everyone.

In test mode Fathom is reporting that the Right flipper button switch is closed (Number 7),
which i guess is the secondary switch on the cabinet flipper switch.

Could this be due to the diode being faulty? The flippers are un-stagable in play - even when
the secondary switch has clearly not been closed.

Does anyone have photos of the correct installation of the cabinet flipper button switch?

Thanks in advance, also thanks if I'm way off the mark and it's something completely different.

#2 3 years ago

Anything shorting the metal leaf blades on the fiberboard spacers between them ?

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

hiya, no they look well clear of each other (well clear enough). I guess the thing to do is replace the second switch, I have a few - just no diodes.

#4 3 years ago

i think it may be that there's quite of few switches, or at least a few that are not wired correctly - disconnected one wire from the secondary cab switch and the error disappeared (obviously) just need to wire it correctly.

also, the top saucer rollover is wired in the same fashion (i.e. wrongly).

does anyone have photos of the underside of their fathom?

or could tell me which colors to wire to which parts of these particular switches please - would be a massive help. i guess the only thing that matters with a switch is which direction the diodes are pointing to which wires (which i tested and are ok). i bet once i rewire that saucer (which was acting strangely, it kept shooting the ball out behind the drops), there will be another error.

thanks much in advance!!!!!!

#5 3 years ago

ah, heck, i'm having fun with the schematics now anyhow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside