Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by meSz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

On ebay a seller has up a new Fathom playfield that that was reproduced in "2004 by Halifax Pinball, now CPR". Was wondering what differences, if any, there were between the 2004 run and the latest run they did??!?!?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

On ebay a seller has up a new Fathom playfield that that was reproduced in "2004 by Halifax Pinball, now CPR". Was wondering what differences, if any, there were between the 2004 run and the latest run they did??!?!?

I have the 2004 Halifax PF installed on my Fathom, and it's... the best playfield I have installed in one of my Solid State games.

When I study the little things (like the inserts with a flashlight) it's where I notice the imperfections, otherwise, it's just beautiful. If I had a beat up playfield and this was my only chance to upgrade, I'd do the Halifax, knowing the CPR one is tough to find and it's earning $1200+ these days as its scarcity increases.

The flaws in the Halifax run:

1. The color of the inserts are a bit subdued
2. There is missing clear that can be filled in around some inserts.
3. The Halifax is not as thick as the normal PF's so you have to use a slightly shorter hex screws on the bottom sides. I didn't do the PF swap, so I can't speak to how well it was drilled and dimpled.

Having said all that, the play is flat and smooth, and the artwork is excellent. I'm very happy with it.

In short, I'd grab the Halifax for less than a CPR if I needed an upgrade, and then touch up the clear job on it if needed. With pinball, I have "tournament player" but not CQ standards -- I like things "very good/excellent" or better, so the imperfect inserts and missing clear don't bug me at all. The ball travel is perfect on my PF. It's only something I notice if I go looking for it.

I'm thankful as hell to have a Fathom with a Halifax PF installed on there. Now if only I could knock all the bugs out of my Fathom and get it to play properly. It's still challenging me...

I have a few pics up here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-fathom-shop-job
-mof

#3 5 years ago

Was covered in detail back in this thread (side-by-side photo provided):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-fathom-playfield-fs-on-ebay-wow-not-mine#post-1474295

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#4 5 years ago

Thank you both!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside