Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Heretic_9
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heretic_9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Spectacular Fathom pinball playfield Rare

Shouldn't one be getting the whole dang pin (in pretty good shape) for this price -- or am I wrong ?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have an uninstalled Halifax Fathom playfield. It looks awesome, but how much money would I need to kick in to trade it with someone for a CPR Fathom playfield?

I'd love to see those two versions side-by-side, for doing my own comparison. The "NOS" (if you noticed the prominent question mark) was just my assumption, which turns out to have been wrong, as assumptions often are.

I had a chance to play a Fathom for awhile on location -- for much too brief a time, I'd say -- and it made a very favorable impression. Inline drop targets rule, and the Fathom ones, along with those in Centaur, are some of the very best ever !

I hope CPR continued making their version. This is one pin that deserves to live on.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

About half-way down on the first page of this thread Kevin identifies the differences along with an image:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-fathom-playfield-fs-on-ebay-wow-not-mine
Brad

Thanx for the link. I might have posted the following in that thread, but last post there was over 2 months ago, so I'll do it here instead. Whatever else one might care to say about their respective merits, the *true* NOS Fathom pf seems to have leaned decisively towards the green range (always allowing for possible chem / paint changes over time, whether it was away from the light or not), whereas the CPR clearly leans in the blue direction. I think it's probably a personal value judgement as to which one looks "better." The 2009 CPR one looked great, no doubt about that. Even so, the green scheme strikes me as more "authentic", and probably more true to the artist's intent. If faced with making a choice, and the condition was very good +, I'd be inclined to go with the original. (And that's with green being a color I don't ordinarily favor !)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heretic_9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-pf-on-ebay-nos?tu=Heretic_9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.