9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_inline_n3gsqypvQm1szjn1l.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quietmouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#39 9 years ago

I am new to the hobby of restoring pinball machines. I have a lot of experience in restoring vintage scooters and other hobbies collecting, trading and repairing old out of date technology. (film cameras etc.)

I can say without hesitation that in the short time I have been into pinball machines as a hobby, I have seen more "holier than thou" attitudes from refurb/remake parts distributers than in any other hobby I have been associated with. Most of them complaining about how hard it is to do what they do and how little money they make doing it.

I don't understand why they don't just quit doing it if it really is such a pain in their ass. I mean...if you love doing it then why don't you just, "LOVE DOING IT." Make some money and be happy you can make some money doing what you love. If you think you can sell it for more, then by all means SELL IT FOR MORE.

The market will tell you if you are right.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quietmouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-pf-for-saleholy-crap?tu=Quietmouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.