20240211_154907_1.gif
Pinside_forum_8020812_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8017530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_4164 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Source for aftermarket outhole kicker arm. Posted by swinks (9 years ago)

Post #197 Source for a New Aftermarket Fathom Playfield Apron. Posted by brenna98 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zahner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#461 5 years ago

Just from memory here, but isn't it "Death dive!"

1 year later
#527 4 years ago

SOLD SOLD SOLD
Just posted a set of convolux plastic protectors for Fathom. They are green. My wife ended up not liking them. See the add at: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/92699

3 months later
#544 3 years ago
Quoted from CADguy:

Hey Guys,
I inadvertently came across a Bally FATHOM by pure dumb luck. Here is most of the story on how I came to own an original ONE owner 1981 Bally FATHOM. Technically now since I bought it its got one more owner but hey whose counting? It was just one of those dumb luck, right place right time situations. I chanced across the ad for the FATHOM while dorking around on FB. I chanced upon the listing about 36 minutes after it went active.

Wow. That’s is really amazing. That is truly a find. Looks to have been serviced by a less then expert repair person, but nothing bad that’s visible. Will need new drop targets. Check for and remove any batteries on the CPU board. But Wow, great find.

5 months later
#617 3 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

It’s there. Like a moron I have it installed inverted so the “V” is facing the other way. Is the drop behavior correct though. They don’t reset often the 3rd time the ball goes in the saucer?

On your video, I got the sense that you did not drain both of the balls after the second time the ball was captured. I suspect by draining only one ball, your machine interpreted this as losing one of the two multi-balls putting you back into single ball mode and that’s why the in- lines went back up. When you did it the second time and didn’t drain a ball, it assumed you were again in multi-ball.
Within the single ball mode, when the ball is trapped, the in-line targets pop up. Once released, you are in multi-ball mode and things act differently depending on how many balls are in play. After the final ball drains, (triggering advancing to the next ball in play and collecting the bonus) everything resets back to single ball mode.

However, in multi-ball mode, after the in-line drop targets are dropped and one of the balls end up in the saucer again, the in-line drop targets do not pop up. The ball just sits in the saucer with the in-line targets down. That ball is then only ejected from the saucer when you complete the left playfield drop targets of the matching color (green or blue depending on which saucer your ball currently rests). The fact that your video shows the second ball hitting the star rollover and eliciting the “help me!” quote is consistent with what I’m describing above.
If your ball is in in this state, and then you drain all balls in play and advance to the next ball, the targets should reset. Mine do each time. If I release a trapped ball by knocking down the in-line targets in subsequent balls in play, it acts the same as I’ve described each time. There is no instance where on a new ball in play that the ball is not trapped and the in-line targets go up the first time.
Try your test again, but remember that your machine will think it’s in multi-ball until it sees two balls drain and you collect the bonus. If you want to test the reset within multi-ball mode (with out advancing/collecting bonus) make sure you drain that second ball that was stuck by the trapped ball. It should count down your bonus, reset the targets and advance to the next ball in play (unless you have earned an extra ball, but just avoid that for now while testing your game out)

4 months later
#712 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably becasue the wires wouldn't reach.

I am thinking it looks more like a planarian, but that aside - sounds like there must be a joke re the wires not reaching?

5 months later
#773 2 years ago
Quoted from MVCO:

Does anyone know if there are reproduction backglasses available for Fathom?
Thanks

I know there is a very nice original for sale that’s at the same price as Shay sells his awesome reproduction BGs.

Look here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/119332

1 month later
#792 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayman:

I bought my Fathom in 2006 from Tim Arnold at the Pinball Hall of Fame for $1000. It was in terrible shape, but I loved playing it!
I finally put some work into it in 2019 - CPR Gold playfield, LEDs, assorted parts. It was a huge improvement.
My Fathom sat all alone until a few weeks ago, when it was joined by a shiny new Centaur. They belong together!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice on the Fathom PF swap. Came out great! My pairing is Fathom and Flash Gordon.

8 months later
#863 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Second stencil complete on the cabinet. I have a few areas I need to fix, but nothing drastic. I’m pleased with how it turned out, and I’m going back and forth on a top clear layer vs. just letting it be.
First stencil on the head. Again, a few problem areas but nothing terrible.

That looks great! Nice job.

3 months later
#916 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just finished a swap and now things aren't working right Hope you all have some ideas.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-playfield-swap-switch-row-problems#post-7238637

Just a thought, but have you looked at the switch matrix on your playfield wiring diagram? Seems like your problems may be related to A4J2-9 on the matrix if I'm understanding what you are saying. If that's the case, look for a little brown wire with yellow striping at each component in the line. It's so easy to miss one since there is most often two wires of the same color [kind of like one in and one out] connected to each switch, it is easy to miss one that has busted loose from the swap. Also check your drop switches to make sure that they are actually connecting. I had to readjust mine and clean them after I did a swap in the same manner as you for my Flash Gordon. Your drops will not reset if a switch is not properly closing or there is a breach in the switch matrix - it does not "know" that all of the drops are down, so it does not reset. Same is true with your ball through switches. That is almost always a switch issue and I note the switch matrix shows "1 left of outhouse" on the same line as the saucer, a middle drop target, and the third inline blue. When I started things up I had similar issues and it was all a little wire off here and a switch out of alignment there. Good luck - it will work out!

5 months later
#946 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wonder if a Haggis gate would substitute?

Interesting idea. I also need one. I’ve not found one, but only been casually looking about.

1 month later
#963 10 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyjam:

I’m going to sell mine pm me for details . I got looked out of my account so try to start over previously trimoto11
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a beauty. Hardtop, new PF or original? Looks great no matter which.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zahner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-owners-club?tu=zahner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.