20240211_154907_1.gif
Pinside_forum_8020812_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8017530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_4164 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Source for aftermarket outhole kicker arm. Posted by swinks (9 years ago)

Post #197 Source for a New Aftermarket Fathom Playfield Apron. Posted by brenna98 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from mab487:

Just got the cliffys in for the lane plastics. Is there a trick to getting these metal screw guides out of the plastic piece in order to install the cliffys? I gave them a nice tug, but felt like I was about to break the plastic.

It's been years since I swapped the plastics on my old Fathom but I used a soldering iron to heat the post which in turn softens the plastic and it pop's out... I read about that on RGP and it worked fine for me. YMMV.

10 months later
#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Onevox:

Would someone in this group be willing to take a good high rez shot of the original Fathom topper if they have one? Just a simple straight on shot without flash glare. I'd like to create a digital topper for the Visual Pinball version of the game. Thanks.

Fathom didn't have a topper that I know of? CPR made one up though with the girl peering over the side of the boat I believe. Is that what you're looking for?

4 months later
#340 6 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

These are the 3 main lamp sockets you’ll need. It’s been awhile since I did mine so I can’t recall if I needed any others or not but I’m sure they were the majority of them.
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_118&products_id=870
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_118&products_id=868
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_118&products_id=3277

Not sure if Pinball Resource ships to you or not but do check there for sockets too, cheaper per piece but shipping/duty may kill the savings.

http://pbresource.com/sockets.html

2 weeks later
#370 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

taylorva Do you have a set unspoken for available? If so, PM me!

Add me to that unspoken list too!

1 year later
#504 4 years ago

Bit of a long shot here but anyone redo their fathom cabinet and just have their old one sitting around collecting dust ultimately destined for the junkyard? I’m looking for an old empty fathom cab... I actually would take it flattened... as I really want the wood for another project and would prefer the look of a cab with some patina for lack of a better word rather than me painting some new plywood... which is what I’ll likely end up doing if I can’t find an old doner cab.

9 months later
#546 3 years ago

It does look to be a fantastic example of a fathom and the price is practically stealing it! It has two operator stickers on it and with the replace 1-2-3 targets I suspect it was operated at one point in it's life but that doesn't diminish it's value much from the look of the pictures. The likelihood of breaking all 3 of those targets in home use is quite low I suspect. Anyway, beautiful example, worth multiple times what you paid for... if the boards are in good shape, meaning no acid damage then even better. Congrats! Play the heck out of it and enjoy it, I miss mine.

2 months later
#581 3 years ago

I'm making use of an old Fathom PF donated from a fellow pinsider... awesomely fun project!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFe_0fgncgW/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Also have a matching amp in progress to go with it.

30CD1D93-6929-4A40-A0AA-46F0D3FFFEE7 (resized).jpeg30CD1D93-6929-4A40-A0AA-46F0D3FFFEE7 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#597 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So, the perennial pinball dilemma - clear coated re-stenciled cab or keep the original art which is in decent condition. Some planking but colours good. No major damage. No touch ups. Only problem is the back box surround at the front has been painted with a darker navy, which I could repaint.
I’ve got a brand new CPr to go in and will polish/restore all pf parts. Which is making me lean to the full cabinet restore also.
But I still kind of like the patina of an old original cab.
[quoted image]

What else is in the collection? As a stand-alone pin or one surrounded by others in similar shape I’d probably leave it alone, looks solid to me. If it’s not a keeper I’d leave it 100% alone as the labour and cost to redo it won’t be recouped... play the heck out of it and leave it be

5 months later
#662 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Can someone PM a good pic of the head art? Need a straight on shot to use for stencils. Thanks

I've got .ai files you're welcome to... they may be at the office, I'll look for them quick, otherwise the weekend.

3 weeks later
#694 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Big Announcement from Haggis. I'd imagine this is going to cause the fathom restore projects to hit pause.

Or pick up steam... if $7,360 + tax and shipping gets you a remake I think the ceiling just went up on a good restore. Pinside currently shows a range of $5180 - $6020... I think that will now go up. The news that they may have remade the inline drop target mech's is also pretty exciting if they offer those for sale as I think there are restores stuck on not being able to source those. With the decision to not include the 2.0 code in the base model I think there will be plenty of people who decide they want an original.

Underneath the playfield we have designed and manufactured recreations of the original mechs, along with adding in some new components from our existing catalogue.

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The hasp that hooks/locks the head to the cab.

My Fathom didn't have one.

5 months later
#787 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

CPR use to include the star rollovers so before you look for a source maybe reach out to CPR and see if they're included with the pf!

If they don't still include them they sell them too...

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-miscellaneous/nylon-rollover-stars/

9 months later
#878 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You can buy a Fathom new atm. Just saying that you should compare the price versus having to do what sounds like a major resto. Once you get into playfield wear and stuff it can get exe.

If you consider a new one a viable option I'd buy this used one, work on the mechanical issues to getting working, play the heck out of it, and when the new Fathom you buy is actually shipping you could make the move then, sell your used one for a fair price, likely around what you are looking now one would hope. At the pace the Mermaid editions of Fathom are shipping I'd think you'd be many months away from seeing new non-Mermaid Fathom's shipping so the best of both worlds.

1 year later
#1010 6 months ago
Quoted from HobbyGuy:

Hey all - I do pinball clings - non-adhesive artwork that is applied under the playfield glass. These are original, non-AI artwork I do in the style of the pin. Doing one for Fathom right now, like to get input. Here's a low res image of where I'm at. Ideally meant for the shooter lane.
[quoted image]

Wow, I think you nailed the Greg Freres style... remarkable!

3 weeks later
#1027 5 months ago
Quoted from HobbyGuy:

I don't have my Fathom anymore, but I do have the original (yellowed) PF I replaced before letting it go. So here it is mounted on glass over that, and hanging out on Gottlieb's The Games.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now how cool would that look inlayed on this fretboard...

jgQLHFa6RwW0sLM4siqzHg (resized).jpegjgQLHFa6RwW0sLM4siqzHg (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
£ 195.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-owners-club?tu=roar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.