20240211_154907_1.gif
Pinside_forum_8020812_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8017530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_4164 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Source for aftermarket outhole kicker arm. Posted by swinks (9 years ago)

Post #197 Source for a New Aftermarket Fathom Playfield Apron. Posted by brenna98 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from mot:

I got all new linear flipper parts and rebuilt the flippers before I discovered that many people preferred replacing it with a different design. Nonetheless, I didn't dislike the linear flippers. They were strong enough to make all the shots, and I thought they had a nice feel. The rebuild kit was expensive though!

Who did you buy the kit from, Marco???

10 months later
#263 7 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

I thought I read somewhere that Fathom backglasses are going to be improved upon from the CPR run and be run again. Is this true? Anyone know of it's CPR or someone else planning to run them?

Shays is doing Fathom! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-glass-and-plastics-from-the-shay-arcade-group#post-3705656

4 months later
#297 6 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

Has Shay confirmed they're making it? How it will be different from the PhoenixArcade and later CPR runs?

Yes - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-glass-and-plastics-from-the-shay-arcade-group#post-3705656

Shay does screening as the original glasses were done. CPR is a good alternative but I find them to be saturated in color and grainy!

4 months later
#320 6 years ago

Side by side comparison of CPR version and Outside Edge
IMG_E0376[1] (resized).JPGIMG_E0376[1] (resized).JPG
And as for the backside, a noticeable difference:
IMG_0382[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0382[1] (resized).JPG

One thing I noticed about the backside of the glasses was that the Outside Edge (OE) one the mermaid on the right side (if looking at the front of the glass) you can see they partially screened the right side of her body whereas the CPR glass is just blacked out! When I hold the OE up to the light it does allow for light to come through whereas the CPR does not!

One thing about the OE glass is that there is no CREDIT sticker on it! So I guess you have to purchase these separately.

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

How does it looked compared to the original in the game and backlit? Does the colors and image washout?

Haven't installed it as of yet!

Quoted from bonzo442:

A side by side comparison of that would be nice, so far so good though

Agree, unfortunately I don't have an original one that I can take a picture of to compare it to.

The Outside Edge looks more like the original. The CPR one is very dark and the colors look over saturated! I hate to knock CPR but this was the second machine I had with one of their repro glasses, the other was Medusa, and both I wound up selling and replacing as I just didn't like the look of them!

3 months later
#396 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Fellow fathom owners, could you offer some help?
Does anyone know of the part number or, even better, a source for the pop bumper BODY in our machine (the white base part that the pop cap snaps onto)? I can't find the part number in the manual, and searches are tough without it. I'm a little concerned that I am not having much luck.
Thanks in advance.
J
**edit** Is it part number C-470-5 shown here? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8325-5
It looks very similar but is not shown in the compatible list of games as being for Fathom.

C970-5 not C470......but you have the right link (probably just fat fingered the 4)
fathom (resized).JPGfathom (resized).JPG

2 years later
#667 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

I have a wreck of a fathom that has heaps of parts missing and broken.
swinks has already helped out with these
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksc-972-3parts
The trough switch wire is broken
[quoted image]
Just asking if this switch wire is correct from my centaur
[quoted image]
have had a look at fathom restores and the only pic i could find was from TractorDoc restore.
any help is very much appreciated if you have a pic or know of the wire form part No:
purchased a wire bending kit from marco

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here’s a pic of mine:[quoted image][quoted image]

Mudflaps, yours appear to be bent as well. I have two Fathoms here and both look like the below.....

72DA8CBA-902E-4296-AB64-882FA724E7F3 (resized).jpeg72DA8CBA-902E-4296-AB64-882FA724E7F3 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
1 month later
#730 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:We have C-951 and C-952 short and long ringed posts available.
These are from WMS drawings, and have wider hole for #8 posts.
Have additional 'in-between' colors amber and light blue which more matches what was used on early ballys.
Have Transparent: Red, Amber, Orange, Clear, Light Blue, Dark Blue
Now Available
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PP[quoted image]

Rick are these hollow or solid? Can you provide a picture of the post from the bottom? Thanks!

4 months later
#785 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Also is there a source for new star rollovers?

I have a cpr pf on the way, is there anything I need to buy for my tech before he starts the swap?

CPR use to include the star rollovers so before you look for a source maybe reach out to CPR and see if they're included with the pf!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
£ 195.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-owners-club?tu=meSz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.