20240211_154907_1.gif
Pinside_forum_8020812_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8017530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_4164 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Source for aftermarket outhole kicker arm. Posted by swinks (9 years ago)

Post #197 Source for a New Aftermarket Fathom Playfield Apron. Posted by brenna98 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joey_n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 7 years ago

Particle board sitting directly on seemingly dry concrete will often wick up moisture like a sponge. My Fathom is unfortunately the same way. The cabinet isn't perfect, but the stenciled sides are so nice that I won't consider repainting, and am not even sure that I'll touch it up. That rear/back panel of the lower cabinet has slight swelling and crumbling at the edge from what I'd bet was sitting on a concrete floor. I'm on the fence about clamping and using wood hardener or replacing the panel, since it's only original once. The back of the head only has slight swelling in one place, at one of the cutouts near the top. I'll clamp that down with wood hardener and it will be hard to spot the repair.

1 month later
#262 7 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

I thought I read somewhere that Fathom backglasses are going to be improved upon from the CPR run and be run again. Is this true? Anyone know of it's CPR or someone else planning to run them?

LONG ago.. I sent my original backglass to Phoenixarcade as the basis of the repro. I got one of the repros. That, to my understanding, is the same art file/basis of the CPR repros. I recall the colors were slightly off, but at the time, no one else had stepped up to do it and it was the best they could do.

If CPR re-ran the backglass, with it indistinguishable from the original, I'd buy it. My original has a bit of paint loss at the bottom.

4 months later
#296 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Can't wait until Shay starts making that backglass this fall so we can stop seeing these prices on backglasses for fathom.

Has Shay confirmed they're making it? How it will be different from the PhoenixArcade and later CPR runs?

4 months later
#328 6 years ago

Not too long ago, it was posted that Shay was working on reproducing the Fathom glass, and it would be more faithful to the original than the repro that Phoenixarcade, and later CPR did. Is THIS the same project? I'm confused.

BTW, those earlier repros were made from a scan of my glass, and I got the early repro, but am interested in the redone glass, if closer to the original, as my original glass has some lifting. Thanks for any info!

2 weeks later
#349 6 years ago

Ordering the kickout plastic now..

What's the deal with the grey spacers in the pic? I haven't started on my restoration, but seems like mine has a stack of some pieces that I didn't think looked original there. How did it ship from factory? Would be neat to have a 3D printed spacer there!

Thanks for reading..

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thank you epotech for posting these photos, much appreciated. I take it that the MATCH is not visible when illuminated on the repro glass? The GAME OVER is however visible as shown in the 4th picture and this is the repro glass installed and lit up? If so, can you please post a photo of the original glass installed and lit up so I can make a comparison? Thanks again.

I was going to order a CPR Playboy glass, then I saw some of the issues and the comparison. Was going to order this Fathom glass, and now I'm on the fence. I have the old repro, and my original with a flake missing at the bottom. Is the goof up on this one a big deal?

1 week later
#366 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

6 sets of Fathom rails in the works. This is after the second coat of blue wood dye. Busy day.

May I ask how you finish them? Lacquer or 2 part clear? Thanks.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

joey_n
I use blue wood dye sold by Stewmac which is used for dying guitar bodies. After a couple coats of that I finish with clear lacquer. These rails take more time than any sets I have done before. Fathom is probably 3x the work of a standard set of rails with the tapered slot and curved notches. That said, I'm stoked to finally get some churned out.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep you in mind when I get to my project!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joey_n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-owners-club?tu=joey_n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.