Pinside_forum_8020812_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8017530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_4164 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230907_160233590_BURST001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #63 Source for aftermarket outhole kicker arm. Posted by swinks (9 years ago)

Post #197 Source for a New Aftermarket Fathom Playfield Apron. Posted by brenna98 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobertWinter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#583 3 years ago

I'm having a weird issue with my Fathom that I just rebuilt. Here's the overview -

All new Alltek boards. Everything tests properly including all the switches and solenoids.

Here's what happens. If I lock a ball in the green lagoon, the green inline drops reset to the up position and another ball is served into the shooter lane. This is the expected behavior.

Now if I lock a ball into the top blue lagoon, the game acknowledges it by playing "Diver Captured", but the blue inline drops never reset and another ball is never served. The game just sits there. I've also verified that switch works by dropping a ball into the saucer during the diagnostics.

I haven't put the original CPU back in to see if that's the problem as the game has been apart for *many* years and I'm not exactly sure that board functions anyway.

Any ideas?

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

I had a similar issue a while back where after a ball was captured the game froze and no ball was served. Traced it to a bad ball switch in the outhole.

I'll check that out. Thanks for the tip.

BTW, can someone post a picture of the two switches to the left of the outhole switch? I'm particularly interested in how the wireforms on those switches are bent/positioned.

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Hope you report back your findings.

It may be a while before I get back to it but will definitely report my progress once I do.

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm having a weird issue with my Fathom that I just rebuilt. Here's the overview -
All new Alltek boards. Everything tests properly including all the switches and solenoids.
Here's what happens. If I lock a ball in the green lagoon, the green inline drops reset to the up position and another ball is served into the shooter lane. This is the expected behavior.
Now if I lock a ball into the top blue lagoon, the game acknowledges it by playing "Diver Captured", but the blue inline drops never reset and another ball is never served. The game just sits there. I've also verified that switch works by dropping a ball into the saucer during the diagnostics.
I haven't put the original CPU back in to see if that's the problem as the game has been apart for *many* years and I'm not exactly sure that board functions anyway.
Any ideas?

SOLVED! Here's what I did.

First I tested all the trough switches. I was pretty sure they were good but wanted to verify. No problems.

Started a game and shot a ball into the top sink hole. "Diver Captured" played but the inlines never reset. Arg! I reset the game and tried the green lagoon - ball in the sink hole, sound played, inlines reset as they should. It was then that I noticed the green arrow to the lagoon was off. Figured that was probably normal as I'm not real familiar with the game. Shoot the first two inlines, green arrow flashes, shoot the third inline and the ball is released. Normal.

I went back to the blue lagoon. Shoot the ball into the sink hole, sound is played, inlines don't reset. And HERE is where I figured it all out. I noticed that the blue arrow was still ON. So I reset the game, started a game, but this time I held down the blue sink hole switch with my finger. Sound triggered, inlines reset and another balll was served. Yes!

Apparently the blue sink hole switch was gapped just enough that the switch would close very briefly when the ball dropped onto it but open immediately after. So I gapped the switch properly and now the game is 100%!

6 months later
#708 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

When locking a ball in the Cave Trap, the game says ‘mermaids captured’ but another ball doesn’t kick out, and the drop targets don’t engage.

I had this problem right after I did my swap. Ended up being the gap in the sink hole switch.

When the ball would drop into the sink hole, it would close the switch just briefly enough to trigger the callout. But the switch was gapped *just* enough that it was open, even with the ball sitting in the sink hole.

Once I gapped the switch so it *remained* closed with the ball sitting in the hole it worked perfectly.

1 year later
#913 1 year ago

Listed a Fathom floor mat that I purchased a few years back and never used.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/142862

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
£ 195.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobertWinter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-owners-club?tu=RobertWinter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.