Pinside_forum_8043448_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8029089_3774311 (resized).jpg
20240211_154907_1.gif
Pinside_forum_8020812_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8017530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_4164 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.
#301 6 years ago

You should pass your current playfield on because it doesn't appear to be in bad shape.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I am indeed late to owning this game as I've been looking (should have never waited this long), but now that I have one (thanks to pacman11) I'm hooked... Ordered a gold CPR playfield and am gonna do my first pf swap! Could be the perfect game for horrorhouse fest... hmmmm..... I'm scared.

Nice, definitely fits well in there. When you do the swap, you may want to change out the middle drop target bank to the original "1-2-3" instead of the targets. Knocking down those three in order lights the extra ball target for a few seconds, so having them numbered fits with the game rules.

This is like a horror-themed I-Spy picture, I keep finding new stuff to see. Looks awesome.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

You should pass your current playfield on because it doesn't appear to be in bad shape.

I for sure intend to. It's in good shape overall. Some planking and the inserts are worn as expected, but pretty decent overall. Once I actually make the swap happen I will have it for sale here on pinside...

fathom_radical_sm (resized).jpgfathom_radical_sm (resized).jpg

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Nice, definitely fits well in there. When you do the swap, you may want to change out the middle drop target bank to the original "1-2-3" instead of the targets. Knocking down those three in order lights the extra ball target for a few seconds, so having them numbered fits with the game rules.
This is like a horror-themed I-Spy picture, I keep finding new stuff to see. Looks awesome.

Yep. I ordered new drop targets before I even got the game for that very reason

2 weeks later
#305 6 years ago

Would someone in this group be willing to take a good high rez shot of the original Fathom topper if they have one? Just a simple straight on shot without flash glare. I'd like to create a digital topper for the Visual Pinball version of the game. Thanks.

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Onevox:

Would someone in this group be willing to take a good high rez shot of the original Fathom topper if they have one? Just a simple straight on shot without flash glare. I'd like to create a digital topper for the Visual Pinball version of the game. Thanks.

Fathom didn't have a topper that I know of? CPR made one up though with the girl peering over the side of the boat I believe. Is that what you're looking for?

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Fathom didn't have a topper that I know of? CPR made one up though with the girl peering over the side of the boat I believe. Is that what you're looking for?

CPR has some images of it on their site. I put the topper on mine, but the individual pieces somewhat obscure each other (intentionally) when installed, so if you need shots of each part, mine may not work. Just let me know.

#308 6 years ago

yes. The CPR one. I love the way that connects the idea with the BG, one of the best toppers. I actually would be fine with it set up so that there is overlap. For the virtual version, I think I'm going to add some animated water under the boat and sunset sky behind it. Matt, if you can take with a solid color behind it that would be great, like black or white. I just need a minimum of 1920x1080, higher better of course. Greatly appreciated.

#309 6 years ago
Quoted from Onevox:

yes. The CPR one. I love the way that connects the idea with the BG, one of the best toppers. I actually would be fine with it set up so that there is overlap. For the virtual version, I think I'm going to add some animated water under the boat and sunset sky behind it. Matt, if you can take with a solid color behind it that would be great, like black or white. I just need a minimum of 1920x1080, higher better of course. Greatly appreciated.

Not a problem, should be able to take care of it later tonight.

#310 6 years ago

Hi. I'm a new Pinsider. Have decided to restore the Fathom I played in high school my dad left me. Any tips/help appreciated greatly!

20170928_194132 (resized).jpg20170928_194132 (resized).jpg

20170928_193211 (resized).jpg20170928_193211 (resized).jpg

20170928_171643 (resized).jpg20170928_171643 (resized).jpg

#311 6 years ago

My advice is to get it running before you focus on the cosmetics...

-New balls, bulbs, Novus, and rubbers.

-Remove the battery on the MPU.

If you need help getting the MPU to boot, let me know and I will either help you fix it over the forum or, try to repair it for you.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

My advice is to get it running before you focus on the cosmetics...
-New balls, bulbs, Novus, and rubbers.
-Remove the battery on the MPU.
If you need help getting the MPU to boot, let me know and I will either help you fix it over the forum or, try to repair it for you.

Just to piggyback on that, I would say to check the fuses before turning it on to make sure they are the right type and rating (and not blown of course).

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Just to piggyback on that, I would say to check the fuses before turning it on to make sure they are the right type and rating (and not blown of course).

Thanks guys & thanks for the group invite. I know a guy that is into arcade/pinball resto. Due to battery leakage, I pulled that board out. I've heard they can be repaired or replaced. What should I be looking at price wise for either?

20170928_201502 (resized).jpg20170928_201502 (resized).jpg

#314 6 years ago

Fathom: WTB - Just throwing this out there in case someone wants to sell. Please PM. Thanks.

2 months later
#315 6 years ago

Would this work to replace a star rollover assembly for Fathom?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-900901

4 weeks later
#316 6 years ago

V2 Fathom backglasses are done and shipping to us on Weds - so will be available within about a week after that ... same supplier who has worked with us on many other backglasses (Kiss, Firepower, Blackout, Alien Poker, etc) ...

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

V2 Fathom backglasses are done and shipping to us on Weds - so will be available within about a week after that ... same supplier who has worked with us on many other backglasses (Kiss, Firepower, Blackout, Alien Poker, etc) ...

Will these look different or better than the last run?

1 week later
#318 6 years ago

Fathom V2 backglasses are in and are stunning ... colors look great and overall great product (same supplier as Kiss, Firepower, Gorgar, Blackout, etc) ...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-G-440-17V2&Store_Code=PP

G-440-17V2L (resized).jpgG-440-17V2L (resized).jpg

#319 6 years ago

I totally concur, took delivery of backglass today. Stunning is right! Thanks Planetary Pinball!

#320 6 years ago

Side by side comparison of CPR version and Outside Edge
IMG_E0376[1] (resized).JPGIMG_E0376[1] (resized).JPG
And as for the backside, a noticeable difference:
IMG_0382[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0382[1] (resized).JPG

One thing I noticed about the backside of the glasses was that the Outside Edge (OE) one the mermaid on the right side (if looking at the front of the glass) you can see they partially screened the right side of her body whereas the CPR glass is just blacked out! When I hold the OE up to the light it does allow for light to come through whereas the CPR does not!

One thing about the OE glass is that there is no CREDIT sticker on it! So I guess you have to purchase these separately.

#321 6 years ago

Is the Outside Edge glass the one Planetary Pinball is currently offering as version 2? That version looks more like the original glass. How does it looked compared to the original in the game and backlit? Does the colors and image washout?

#322 6 years ago

A side by side comparison of that would be nice, so far so good though

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

Is the Outside Edge glass the one Planetary Pinball is currently offering as version 2?

yes

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

How does it looked compared to the original in the game and backlit? Does the colors and image washout?

Haven't installed it as of yet!

Quoted from bonzo442:

A side by side comparison of that would be nice, so far so good though

Agree, unfortunately I don't have an original one that I can take a picture of to compare it to.

The Outside Edge looks more like the original. The CPR one is very dark and the colors look over saturated! I hate to knock CPR but this was the second machine I had with one of their repro glasses, the other was Medusa, and both I wound up selling and replacing as I just didn't like the look of them!

#325 6 years ago

Any chance that anyone has a populated fathom playfield for sale? Playfield can be in any condition.

#326 6 years ago

Anyone have recommendations for color matches/ brands of paint for a fathom cabinet restoration? Thank you for any help you can provide.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone have recommendations for color matches/ brands of paint for a fathom cabinet restoration? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Ironlak, color match to your desire.

#328 6 years ago

Not too long ago, it was posted that Shay was working on reproducing the Fathom glass, and it would be more faithful to the original than the repro that Phoenixarcade, and later CPR did. Is THIS the same project? I'm confused.

BTW, those earlier repros were made from a scan of my glass, and I got the early repro, but am interested in the redone glass, if closer to the original, as my original glass has some lifting. Thanks for any info!

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

some inspiration
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=10274.0

1 week later
#330 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Fathom V2 backglasses are in and are stunning ... colors look great and overall great product (same supplier as Kiss, Firepower, Gorgar, Blackout, etc) ...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-G-440-17V2&Store_Code=PP

I wasn’t planning on spending money when I checked back in on this thread but here I am, backglass ordered!

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

I wasn’t planning on spending money when I checked back in on this thread but here I am, backglass ordered!

If you still have an original Fathom
to compare with the new repo it would be great to get a side by side comparison

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Just ordered. Thanks for helping make this happen. The CPR were a great option for people with missing or badly flaking originals but they are just too purple and dark compared to the original.

#333 6 years ago

A few pics of a new CPR playfield that unfortunately has some insert separation, insert sinking, and some pretty wavey clear. This is not from the newest run of playfields so I'm not sure if it is a storage issue. First pic is with the inserts reset and the playfield recleared, 2nd and 3rd pics show the issues.

thumbnail_IMG_20180128_194324063 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_20180128_194324063 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_JPEG_20180125_205508_1074571852 (resized).jpgthumbnail_JPEG_20180125_205508_1074571852 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20180125_204755360_HDR (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_20180125_204755360_HDR (resized).jpg

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from Joey_N:

Not too long ago, it was posted that Shay was working on reproducing the Fathom glass, and it would be more faithful to the original than the repro that Phoenixarcade, and later CPR did. Is THIS the same project? I'm confused.
BTW, those earlier repros were made from a scan of my glass, and I got the early repro, but am interested in the redone glass, if closer to the original, as my original glass has some lifting. Thanks for any info!

Not sure about the project that was discussed earlier. The Fathom BG that are being sold now at Planetary are a new reproduction. These reproductions were manufactured for Planetary and produced by Bruce at Outsidedge. Original art along with NOS BG were used to make these. The manufacturer was well aware of color vaiations of past repos. This is by far the nicest reproduction available.

#335 6 years ago

If any of you have a CPR fathom playfield and want to sell, please PM me. I'm looking for one.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

If you still have an original Fathom
to compare with the new repo it would be great to get a side by side comparison

I’d love to see that myself but unfortunately I only have a CPR glass.

#337 6 years ago

Sorry if this has already been addressed elsewhere but I have recently acquired a Fathom (grail pin for me) with redone cabinet, new play field and and back glass etc. Unfortunately, those who restored it didn't change out the dodgy original lamp sockets under the play field. I would like to replace them but was wondering if anyone had experience with this and maybe a part number as there are many different types of lamps sockets. Any advice would be appreciated! Adam

#338 6 years ago

Finally have a set of Fathom rails to reproduce. These will get dyed blue and finished with clear lacquer. Will post some pics when a set is finished.

72858C0A-D346-4566-8CDC-85A21D9C19AC (resized).jpeg72858C0A-D346-4566-8CDC-85A21D9C19AC (resized).jpeg

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Sorry if this has already been addressed elsewhere but I have recently acquired a Fathom (grail pin for me) with redone cabinet, new play field and and back glass etc. Unfortunately, those who restored it didn't change out the dodgy original lamp sockets under the play field. I would like to replace them but was wondering if anyone had experience with this and maybe a part number as there are many different types of lamps sockets. Any advice would be appreciated! Adam

These are the 3 main lamp sockets you’ll need. It’s been awhile since I did mine so I can’t recall if I needed any others or not but I’m sure they were the majority of them.

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_118&products_id=870

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_118&products_id=868

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_118&products_id=3277

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

These are the 3 main lamp sockets you’ll need. It’s been awhile since I did mine so I can’t recall if I needed any others or not but I’m sure they were the majority of them.

Not sure if Pinball Resource ships to you or not but do check there for sockets too, cheaper per piece but shipping/duty may kill the savings.

http://pbresource.com/sockets.html

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

A few pics of a new CPR playfield that unfortunately has some insert separation, insert sinking, and some pretty wavey clear. This is not from the newest run of playfields so I'm not sure if it is a storage issue. First pic is with the inserts reset and the playfield recleared, 2nd and 3rd pics show the issues.

The newest run was better but not perfect and I paid to have it perfected.

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Not sure if Pinball Resource ships to you or not but do check there for sockets too, cheaper per piece but shipping/duty may kill the savings.
http://pbresource.com/sockets.html

Yes PBR are great and they have a lot of parts you can’t find anywhere else but it’s the shipping and the exchange rate that hurt on any overseas purchase.

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

Awesome..thank you!

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Finally have a set of Fathom rails to reproduce. These will get dyed blue and finished with clear lacquer. Will post some pics when a set is finished.

Taylor, any chance for a second set for a fathom I’m restoring?

#345 6 years ago

I have been getting some good reports on the upgraded ball kickers, with strengthened up sections, found here

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinkskicker

- lhs white one is the original version and
- rhs blue one (you can pick your own colour) is the strengthened up one

photos from BoP's beautifully restored fathom

Image1 (resized).jpgImage1 (resized).jpg

Image2 (resized).jpgImage2 (resized).jpg

image3 (resized).jpgimage3 (resized).jpg

#346 6 years ago

CPR or Halifax Fathom Playfield wanted. Anyone have one?

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Taylor, any chance for a second set for a fathom I’m restoring?

Skins I put you down for a set.

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

skins I put you down for a set.

Awesome. I’ll pm you.

#349 6 years ago

Ordering the kickout plastic now..

What's the deal with the grey spacers in the pic? I haven't started on my restoration, but seems like mine has a stack of some pieces that I didn't think looked original there. How did it ship from factory? Would be neat to have a 3D printed spacer there!

Thanks for reading..

#350 6 years ago

It would be great if someone that purchased a new Fathom glass from PPS could please post some photos with it installed and illuminated? Even some comparison photos to an original glass if possible. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-owners-club/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.