Topic Stats

• 504 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by roar
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 295 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190914_175013 (resized).jpg
20190917_180856 (resized).jpg
5J5A0752 (resized).JPG
5J5A0757 (resized).JPG
5J5A0748 (resized).JPG
5J5A0745 (resized).JPG
5J5A0691 (resized).JPG
5J5A0695 (resized).JPG
5J5A0689 (resized).JPG
5J5A0642 (resized).JPG
5J5A0641 (resized).JPG
5J5A0626 (resized).JPG
5J5A0594 (resized).JPG
5J5A0220 (resized).JPG
5J5A0118 (resized).JPG
5J5A0121 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 504 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 4 years ago

Where do you get a set of those coindoor decals (for the coin deposits)?

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Where do you get a set of those coindoor decals (for the coin deposits)?

They came with the CPR plastics set. The Bally one in the middle is available from Marco Specialties and probably other places to but I've only seen the other two in the full plastics sets.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

My Fathom Resto is finally finished. It probably took me another couple of weeks from the time I first switched it on until I had everything adjusted just right so that it now plays great.

image-169.jpg 176 KB

image-988.jpg 212 KB

image-458.jpg 266 KB

image-549.jpg 150 KB

image-748.jpg 221 KB

image-8.jpg 285 KB

image-155.jpg 221 KB

image-531.jpg 233 KB

image-159.jpg 164 KB

Look at the paint job on that cabinet! Look at the corners! Kudos to you, sir! Well done!

#104 4 years ago

By the way, if anyone within driving distance of the SF Bay Area has a Fathom they'd part with please let me know. I recently acquired a CPR PF & Plastic set and am on the prowl for the pin.

4 weeks later
#105 4 years ago

Mine should be here soon. Being restored as we speak....

#106 4 years ago

Any hope of another (better) backglass repro in the future?
The CPR ones I've seen are not really that great.

#107 4 years ago

What color is your fathom?
image-130.jpgimage-63.jpg

#108 4 years ago

Ive got the pretty green

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

By the way, if anyone within driving distance of the SF Bay Area has a Fathom they'd part with please let me know. I recently acquired a CPR PF & Plastic set and am on the prowl for the pin.

Ditto for me though about 3000 miles east (only without all the new CPR stuff).

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

What color is your fathom?

The left one

#111 4 years ago

i put a post here, just because i still want to see pics of this beautiful pinball

#112 4 years ago

Here a litle test play of my second restored fathom wit new cpr PF ( I now, still have to fix the problem with the right upper flipper bat ) besides this pinball is for sale !

#113 4 years ago

#114 4 years ago

Hey guys,
I've been trying to get everything working on my Fathom 100% before restoring. I am having an issue with the captured balls not ejecting at the end of a game. They do function during a game properly. So the next game starts, and the balls are still in the saucers behind the resetting targets. I'm sure others have had this issue. Can you steer me in the right direction? Thanks, Damon

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Hey guys,
I've been trying to get everything working on my Fathom 100% before restoring. I am having an issue with the captured balls not ejecting at the end of a game. They do function during a game properly. So the next game starts, and the balls are still in the saucers behind the resetting targets. I'm sure others have had this issue. Can you steer me in the right direction? Thanks, Damon

Pretty sure there is a deep switch setting for that...

Switch 6 ON Any ball in saucer will not kick out at end of game
switch 6 OFF Any ball in saucer will kick out at end of game

2 weeks later
#116 4 years ago

Yay! I'm in the club finally. In the process of cleaning her up a bit.

photo.JPG
#117 4 years ago
Quoted from parkway:

Yay! I'm in the club finally. In the process of cleaning her up a bit.

photo.JPG 232 KB

To bad you forgot the legs. Sorry I had to say that. Looks great have fun.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

To bad you forgot the legs. Sorry I had to say that. Looks great have fun.

Lol yeah that was pretty dumb. I knew that Harbor Freight table would come in handy someday.....

#119 4 years ago

Here are some preview pics of my game. Stencils are new ones from Pinballpimp

6432.jpg 6431.jpg 6433.jpg 6434.jpg
#120 4 years ago

Also what size are the buttons on this game.
I sent what I thought were Bally blue buttons but they apparently don't fit.
The red ones there look bad... would rather have blue, green, or even white.
Can someone post me a link to the correct choice for this game (from Marco or Bayarea or someone else?)
Thanks

#121 4 years ago

Yeah, those stencils look incredible.
-mof

#122 4 years ago

Is the coin reject art available? coolness.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Is the coin reject art available? coolness.

They were part of the CPR plastics, I believe.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo44.html

#124 4 years ago

Argh, looks like i need yet another plastic set.

#125 4 years ago

Glad you like the stencils. They look great and they are one of my best sellers. I just hate peeling almost 700 scales in the artwork! I can't wait to do a FULL restore on mine. I have a CPR PF, Plastics AND a Brand NEW Cabinet!!!

For anyone interested, stencils can be purchased at my stencil site below:
www.pinballpimpstencils.com

Pimp

#126 4 years ago

6432.jpg 232 KB

6431.jpg 131 KB

6433.jpg 228 KB

6434.jpg 115 KB

That's a beautiful cabinet; whole game is very nice really. I'll be happy to just to have mine a little cleaner.

#127 4 years ago

Thanks, I'll post some more pics of pf and LED in game (from Cointaker) to see what you'll think...

#128 4 years ago

6432.jpg 232 KB

6431.jpg 131 KB

6433.jpg 228 KB

6434.jpg 115 KB

Excellent stuff, it looks fantastic!

#129 4 years ago

Can someone post me a link to the correct choice for this game (from Marco or Bayarea or someone else?)
Thanks

Heres a link to some on Marco's web site. http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Flipper+button
You need the housing as well as the buttons. The White housings are #c-904 and the buttons are
#c-905. They're available in other colours as well.

4 weeks later
#131 4 years ago

I'm looking for a photo of the first switch (closest to the flippers)under the apron , my wire form got all bent up and now it don't work like it should ,(its trapping balls )

thanks TJ

#132 4 years ago

Thanks

My unmolested Fathom has red buttons like yours except the button part and the housing are the same color red - not the dark red your buttons are. I don't think they are currently reproduced as exact copies. The repops have a textured finish while the originals were smooth.

#133 4 years ago

Hey guys,
Not a member of the Fathom club yet but would like to be. There is an average/below average condition non working Fathom near me. Can anyone give me an idea of a fair price?

2 weeks later
#135 4 years ago

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I sent a simple idea to Cliffy to help out our lovely Fathoms, and in typical fashion -- he improved upon the idea. His invention just came back from the factory, and he just shipped me the first prototype.

I'll report back when I have conclusive results.

Fathom owners get ready to smile! The solution already "looks" fantastic -- I just need to do some more play-testing.

-mof

#136 4 years ago

What is the problem that's being solved?

#137 4 years ago

Cannot see any prob with Fathom that need a Cliffy mod !
I'm very curious

#138 4 years ago

Under apron switch photo ? My switch arm broke and making a new one is not as easy as it seems..

#139 4 years ago

My Fathom acts buggy sometimes. Does anyone else ever have the game kick the balls out of the traps while the drop targets are still up? It happens once in a while and requires removing the glass or power cycling the machine.

My Fathom's got a lot of corrosion all over the MPU board, but has always worked 100% until now. Could such a minor, specific weird problem be a result of this corrosion? How about a bad ROM?

Anyone have similar problems? Any ideas?

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from mot:

My Fathom acts buggy sometimes. Does anyone else ever have the game kick the balls out of the traps while the drop targets are still up? It happens once in a while and requires removing the glass or power cycling the machine.
My Fathom's got a lot of corrosion all over the MPU board, but has always worked 100% until now. Could such a minor, specific weird problem be a result of this corrosion? How about a bad ROM?
Anyone have similar problems? Any ideas?

Corrosion does spooky things. I say you need to clear that up before guessing it's something else.

#141 4 years ago

When I bought my Fathom, it had the same problem. I spent a fair amount of time troubleshooting it to find that the diodes on the coils were incorrect oriented or wired. The person I bought it from had replaced all of the coils as part of a restoration effort. I went through the schematic and traced down and fixed everyone one. Note that it did not only have to do with the hole kick-outs, but a miss oriented diode could/would on one coil could affect a completely different coil.

After that my Fathom works perfectly.

Nate

#142 4 years ago

Coil test works fine, and the game works fine 99% of the time. I don't think the switches are the problem because Fathom is particular about knowing where the balls are in order to start a game (I've got end-of-game kickout disabled). Coils also seem to always work fine, really....

Damn corrosion...

#143 4 years ago

Fathom owners, rejoice! (And protect your precious CPR plastics)

I got in an hour more of play-testing tonight, and I have a good feeling about these. I think you'll like them too.

I came to Cliffy with a problem of having a broken set of Fathom flipper return frames (made of plastic). I asked if I could just throw them out, and put in some Cliffy stainless steel replacements. Cliffy had a better idea -- make 'em with cut-away areas so you can set the plastics on top to allow the light to shine through, but then they are 1mm taller to make contact with the ball. Hopefully the plastics will be unbreakable going forward...

It works!
-mof

1. Unwrapping it...
201503-cliffy-fa-3-prototype-in-hand.jpg

2. Get the old guides off...
201503-cliffy-fa-2-getting-my-guides-off.jpg
201503-cliffy-fa-4-my-guides-are-off.jpg

3. Compare the edges side by side to ensure the Cliffy's are 1mm taller
201503-cliffy-fa-5-1mm-bigger.jpg
201503-cliffy-fa-6-1mm-bigger.jpg

4. Installed, and they look great! You get the stainless steel EDGE and the light shining through the middle, so it's a true "hybrid" look that really matches the game.
201503-cliffy-fa-7-looks-brilliant.jpg

#144 4 years ago

I recently obtained a new Fathom and am in the process of getting it dialed in and making a few adjustments on it before I start playing it full force...question on the yellow button switch to the immediate left of the inline drop targets on the right hand side...when should it say something about "the diver tanks being refilled" or something similar? I saw it on a youtube video but have not heard it on mine....I know the switch moves the bonus up but haven't heard that particular call out.

thanks in advance!
mtt

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from mtripl:

when should it say something about "the diver tanks being refilled" or something similar

When you hit 1-2-3 in sequence, it BRIEFLY lights extra ball at that yellow target. The light flashes while it's lit. If you hit it "AIR TANKS REFILLED!"

#146 4 years ago

The cliffys do look pretty nice and not a bad idea

#147 4 years ago

Fathom under apron switches ... My switch arm broke off and I'm not sure what a new one looks like, is it simular to a coin acceptor switch?

I'm having a really hard time finding a photo of this switch arm..

Thanks a bunch

Tj

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Fathom under apron switches ... My switch arm broke off and I'm not sure what a new one looks like, is it simular to a coin acceptor switch?
I'm having a really hard time finding a photo of this switch arm..
Thanks a bunch
Tj

I hope these help, they're from just before I did the restoration on it. If you need any better ones hopefully some one else can take a couple because I don't have my machine at home for a couple of weeks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

#149 4 years ago

I ordered a replacement big microswitch for the trough from Marco or somewhere. The switch matched, but the wire was straight. I tediously tried to get it right, but ultimately failed, so my game still has the imperfect old one.

Actually, I think the actuator arm that's installed now is made from a safety pin. BUT IT WORKS.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Fathom owners, rejoice! (And protect your precious CPR plastics)
I got in an hour more of play-testing tonight, and I have a good feeling about these. I think you'll like them too.
I came to Cliffy with a problem of having a broken set of Fathom flipper return frames (made of plastic). I asked if I could just throw them out, and put in some Cliffy stainless steel replacements. Cliffy had a better idea -- make 'em with cut-away areas so you can set the plastics on top to allow the light to shine through, but then they are 1mm taller to make contact with the ball. Hopefully the plastics will be unbreakable going forward...
It works!
-mof
1. Unwrapping it...
201503-cliffy-fa-3-prototype-in-hand.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
2. Get the old guides off...
201503-cliffy-fa-2-getting-my-guides-off.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
201503-cliffy-fa-4-my-guides-are-off.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
3. Compare the edges side by side to ensure the Cliffy's are 1mm taller
201503-cliffy-fa-5-1mm-bigger.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
201503-cliffy-fa-6-1mm-bigger.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
4. Installed, and they look great! You get the stainless steel EDGE and the light shining through the middle, so it's a true "hybrid" look that really matches the game.
201503-cliffy-fa-7-looks-brilliant.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yes please!!

GREAT idea!

I want some!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 7.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 157.00
There are 504 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside