Topic Stats

• 558 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by chalkup8
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 407 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0197 (resized).JPG
IMG_0196 (resized).JPG
B92072D5-1492-4469-B77E-E44F7C7463DC (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 10.15.27 PM (resized).png
IMG_20200704_192922[2] (resized).jpg
IMG_5379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5336 (resized).JPG
59E7502E-FBD9-45C2-95D1-BC80BA30EE32 (resized).jpeg
E5A1E6A8-80A1-438A-BE79-E2FD4DDC7540 (resized).jpeg
BFE35CBA-2D0F-42C2-85E0-A793F216B3AD (resized).jpeg
816FA878-CAC4-4B26-B6E8-D63D00214621 (resized).jpeg
6EAF6977-BBDB-4984-A1CA-E056E715493C (resized).jpeg
264FB52F-E973-4E0A-9BBD-CA9EA1B3BF23 (resized).jpeg
217DCEDB-3347-422F-B477-239D4333DA25 (resized).jpeg
913288AC-23F3-47F3-8EB4-2C2BE0614307 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 558 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

pinballpimp.com

Thanks, but he wants the files, to make cut a hard surface like metal or such, so he can reproduce the overspray.

#452 1 year ago

Looking for some information i can't find anymore... There was a website with a plan for the plastics posts telling how much tall and short with a map... anyone have this reference?

Thank's

#453 1 year ago

Hi Fathom friends!

I have a chance to pick this game up in a trade and I am super excited. I don't have pics right now to upload but I was hoping to get an idea of an estimated value and this group is the one I trust for that. I would be trading a very nice home use Simpsons Pinball Party for it.

Cabinet: 7/10
Playfield: 7/10
Backglass: 8/10
Fully working and comes with a new 2016 CPR playfield.

Any thoughts on what I should be accepting as a value in a trade? Pinside is currently showing Fathom's @ $3610-$4190.
Thanks in advance!

#454 1 year ago

Quick question from a new member....How do you light the spinner for 5k a spin? I've tried to pay attention to what I was doing when it lit but seems kind of random.

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Quick question from a new member....How do you light the spinner for 5k a spin? I've tried to pay attention to what I was doing when it lit but seems kind of random.

The yellow stationnary target just at the entrance of the right linear drop target bank

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

The yellow stationnary target just at the entrance of the right linear drop target bank

Really? The target that awards an extra ball? Just hit it once? I didn't make the connection. Thanks!

1 week later
#457 1 year ago

I'm looking for a working or project Fathom. If anyone has one available, kindly PM me. Thanks. I need to be part of this club.

#458 1 year ago

Still looking to buy a used play field, any condition to be used to lay out wiring harness jigs. Thanks.

Shawn

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Really? The target that awards an extra ball? Just hit it once? I didn't make the connection. Thanks!

Sounds like that target needs a capacitor .Every hit to the target will register after you add one. i had the same Awol capacitor problem.

Was this a factory decision ? Seems like it, going by what i see.

#460 1 year ago

With tilt on Fathom, voice says ____ dive, bwahahahaha. Anyone know first word?

#461 1 year ago

Just from memory here, but isn't it "Death dive!"

#462 1 year ago

My freshly restored Fathom.

DSC04779 (resized).jpgDSC04780 (resized).jpgDSC04783 (resized).jpgDSC04786 (resized).jpgDSC04795 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#463 1 year ago

Some user of this club asked my for a quality custom pinball cards, this is I designed. I hope you like!

Opinions and improve suggestions are welcome!

"Fathom Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Fathom%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Fathom Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Fathom%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Details in "Fathom Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Fathom%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos3.jpg
Fathom Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgFathom Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpgFathom Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos3.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

My freshly restored Fathom.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

spectacular.. congrats!

#465 1 year ago

I am selling my Fathom CPR gold playfield from the latest run. Bundling it with blue Reese rails. $1150 for both. Shipping not included.

#466 1 year ago

WTB Fathom
Figure this is a good place to ask. Ideally want a high end restoration, but will entertain all!
My avatar says Hong Kong, but it will be shipped to my home in the USA.
Send PMs!

#467 1 year ago

Where you guys buying Fathom flipper parts ?
Steve young?
Or is there a better source?
Thanks freddy

#468 1 year ago

Steve Young

#469 1 year ago

...and my version of "ScoreCard" here:

"Fathom Custom Pinball Card - Score" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Fathom%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Score.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Fathom Custom Pinball Card - Score" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Fathom%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Score.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Fathom Custom Pinball Card - Score. Mikonos1.jpgFathom Custom Pinball Card - Score. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

1 week later
#470 1 year ago

... and my last card of this serie:

"Fathom Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Fathom%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Fathom Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (GOTTLIEB). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Fathom%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Fathom Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgFathom Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

2 weeks later
#471 1 year ago

Does Fathom have a bug where, if the top blue target is the last one shot on the left target bank, the bank will not reset immediately?

I have seen this behaviour. And the blue bonus did advance, so apparently the target works (like all others).

#472 1 year ago

I have not investigated much but my left drop bank is not reseting once its knocked down during a ball. On the following ball it resets as it should. any ideas?

#473 1 year ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I have not investigated much but my left drop bank is not reseting once its knocked down during a ball. On the following ball it resets as it should. any ideas?

Adjust switch associated w that drop target

#474 1 year ago

Make sure to tighten screws first

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

One or more of your drop targets is likely not registering as being down. It is also probably impacting the spotted drop down on locked balls to the corresponding color. I would take the glass of and knock down each target 1 at a time until you find one that doesn't score. If they all score then the issue is something else.

#476 1 year ago

I pushed on the connectors on the board and fixed it.. hah.

2 weeks later
#477 1 year ago

Doing a PF swap and I'm not quite sure I wired this correctly, especially since someone did a couple of hacks. This is a photo of the Green drop targets and this is the 5x. My before shots of this area are not clear enough.
Thx
izzy

IMG_4670 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#478 1 year ago

This looks to be a weird hack. Any reason they would have added extra switches to this drop target bank? And the wiring runs through to kick out hole coil. I don't have a schematic yet.

IMG_4705 (resized).jpg
#479 1 year ago

Photos I've seen of this unit only have one switch per target not like these that have two.

1 month later
#480 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there was ever a rule sheet created for Fathom? Google searches and Pinside searches have turned up nothing.

I have started a pet project of creating a simple webpage for my personal use that contains all of my games with each machines sub page containing tutorials, pintips, rule sheets, the game title etc. Fathom is the only game in my collection that I do not have a rule sheet for. This really surprises me given the love out there for it.

Just thought I'd ask.

J

#481 1 year ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Does anyone know if there was ever a rule sheet created for Fathom? Google searches and Pinside searches have turned up nothing.
I have started a pet project of creating a simple webpage for my personal use that contains all of my games with each machines sub page containing tutorials, pintips, rule sheets, the game title etc. Fathom is the only game in my collection that I do not have a rule sheet for. This really surprises me given the love out there for it.
Just thought I'd ask.
J

Great question, I’d love to know that too.

1 month later
#482 1 year ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Does anyone know if there was ever a rule sheet created for Fathom?

The game, when it was brand new, did not have any rule sheet except for what is in the manual...
If you can't find one, make one.

Quoted from izzy:

Photos I've seen of this unit only have one switch per target

Correct!... you have a hack... Yay!

#483 1 year ago

Seeing the club thread again reminded me that I need to post a couple pictures so I could officially join.

Pulled this game out of a storage locker a number of months back. Once I finish my Paragon Project this will be the next machine up to revive. I doubt much can be done to blend the color between the areas of mylar/no mylar -- but I was able to acquire a CPR Playfield so I can not worry about that all together. Backglass is perfect. Thinking of going all out and building a new cabinet for it.

Should be starting a restore thread in the upcoming weeks.

5J5A8351 (resized).JPG5J5A9845 (resized).JPG5J5A9846 (resized).JPG
#484 1 year ago

Woah T Doc! Looks like you have a beautiful base to springboard from! Enjoy the restore.

#485 1 year ago

Do I get to join twice?

20190219_231256 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#487 1 year ago

Have a game where both star roll overs at the ball capture saucers work in switch test. But non award points in play.

Can anybody explain this?

PS. It is test by sustained switch closure. Not a capasitor issue.

pasted_image (resized).png

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from soren:

Have a game where both star roll overs at the ball capture saucers work in switch test. But non award points in play.
Can anybody explain this?
PS. It is test by sustained switch closure. Not a capasitor issue.
[quoted image]

Just gap the switches a little closer.
If you are using your finger in switch test and a ball in game play, my guess is that your finger is simply pressing the switch further than the ball.
Close the gap

Added 14 months ago:

Disregard last post.

I was playing around with Fathom this weekend and I think those two rollovers by tje saucers are merely to assist with the game logic. They don't 'score'... it's just a means of letting the machine know where the ball is. Sometimes they do generate a callout, so I know they work.

2 weeks later
#489 1 year ago

I just joined the fathom club. I need to know what paint is a good match for the dark blue color? I have a couple of spots to spray.

1 week later
#490 1 year ago

Okay, owners, a little help if you please. I am making a playfield harness for a client and there is a huge discrepancy in the schematics as there seems to be with a lot of Bally machines.

According to the "wiring diagram playfield", A3J2-4 powers the 1st green inline D/T and the top drop target reset. Also A3J2-9 powers the 2nd green inline drop target and the 6 D/T reset coil.

Now if you look at the "wiring diagram backbox" you will find it shows just the opposite to be true. A3J2-4 powers the 2nd green inline coil and the 6 D/T reset while A3J2-9 goes to the 1st green inline D/T and the top drop target reset.

Can someone take a peek under their play field and let me know which is correct? Thanks in advance!

Shawn

2 months later
#491 1 year ago

Thought it was about time I post a link to my Fathom restore thread (I know it says Paragon, click it anyway ) Finally made enough progress to add a few pictures here.

Just finished stenciling the upper cabinet and will be working on the bottom cabinet stencils next.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-paragon-breathing-life-back-into-the-beast/page/6#post-5003006

5J5A0095 (resized).JPG5J5A0118 (resized).JPG5J5A0121 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#492 1 year ago

A question for fellow owners. This is the first Bally I've gone thru with the transformer/power module/rectifier board in the bottom cabinet. My original setup looks to have a bridge rectifier (above the red arrow) between the board and fuse bracket. The way it is wired in I want to think it is added on; are my suspicions correct or is this a recommended configuration? Only two terminals on the bridge rectifier are tied into the board. I am trying to study the schematics but thought it appropriate to ask here as well.

5J5A0220 (resized).JPG

Making progress on the cabinet. The lower cabinet is stenciled/painted and I'm starting to get a feel for how the trim looks.

5J5A0594 (resized).JPG5J5A0626 (resized).JPG5J5A0641 (resized).JPG5J5A0642 (resized).JPG
#493 12 months ago

Has anyone touched up the blue or teal area of a Fathom cabinet? If so, what is a good color match? Anyone have the label? I'm not re-doing my cab as it's
really nice. Just need a good touch up paint match.

#494 12 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

My original setup looks to have a bridge rectifier (above the red arrow) between the board and fuse bracket. The way it is wired in I want to think it is added on; are my suspicions correct or is this a recommended configuration?

This additional bridge mod has gotten around a few times. Last time it was brought up:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-a-hack-or-a-fix-bally-rectifier-board

BigAl56 who worked at Bally at the time commented in that thread. But there was some discussion about it a year or so ago where someone mentioned the likely reason for it and it may have been done at factory?? I can't remember the thread but anyway this mod essentially reduces the feature lamp voltage possibly to extend lamp/connector life.

BTW, lovely work

#495 12 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Thought it was about time I post a link to my Fathom restore thread (I know it says Paragon, click it anyway ) Finally made enough progress to add a few pictures here.
Just finished stenciling the upper cabinet and will be working on the bottom cabinet stencils next.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-paragon-breathing-life-back-into-the-beast/page/6#post-5003006[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from TractorDoc:

A question for fellow owners. This is the first Bally I've gone thru with the transformer/power module/rectifier board in the bottom cabinet. My original setup looks to have a bridge rectifier (above the red arrow) between the board and fuse bracket. The way it is wired in I want to think it is added on; are my suspicions correct or is this a recommended configuration? Only two terminals on the bridge rectifier are tied into the board. I am trying to study the schematics but thought it appropriate to ask here as well.
[quoted image]
Making progress on the cabinet. The lower cabinet is stenciled/painted and I'm starting to get a feel for how the trim looks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a hack. My original doesn’t have it.

#496 12 months ago
Quoted from Quench:

This additional bridge mod has gotten around a few times.

Quoted from jj44114:

Looks like a hack. My original doesn’t have it.

Thanks for the information -- the Fathom interior cabinet picture at IPDB did not have one either.

Quoted from Quench:

BTW, lovely work

Thanks @Quench !

#497 12 months ago

If anybody is considering parting with their Fathom please reach out. I can offer a no hassle and quick deal, solid originals all the way up to fully restored are cool with me. Willing to pay accordingly and can set up shipping or pick up within 6 hours or so of NYC.

If Fathom is still in my wish list and not in my collection I’m still looking

Cheers!

#498 11 months ago

The cabinet is coming together. . .

5J5A0689 (resized).JPG5J5A0691 (resized).JPG5J5A0695 (resized).JPG
#499 11 months ago

Fathom is not just a game.. It's an adventure.. Help me!

1 week later
#500 11 months ago

Coin Door disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled.

5J5A0745 (resized).JPG5J5A0748 (resized).JPG

I do not think I've added a link to this thread yet, but a step by step guide to Bally and Stern Coin Doors for the interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/classic-bally-stern-coin-doors-step-by-step-guide-to-restoration

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 159.00
$ 157.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
There are 558 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside