Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by QuietEarp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3385 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Hi, I recently brought home a Fathom and I am noticing that even when the game is off there is a hum coming from the part where the power cord is attached to the game (embarrassed I cannot name this part). Obviously this is concerning. What should I do to remedy this situation? Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Can you post a picture? Keep the game unplugged when not in use.

#3 1 year ago

You mean the line filter box with the varistor (looks like a capacitor) on top?

#4 1 year ago

I mean this black block transformer looking thing (where the flashlight is shining). Cord that plugs into it goes to the "line filter box" area.
Wall Plug to Humming Box to Line filter Box. Mystery humming box is warm when plugged in and humming with machine off.

IMG_3385 (resized).JPG

#5 1 year ago

Ah, you've got a Canadian game.

That's an isolation transformer.

#6 1 year ago

You can remove that I.T. from the circuit, you don't need it and you won't have to listen to it burning up power 24/7

#7 1 year ago

Thanks Vid! I wanted to call it a transformer so badly, but I was trying to figure out what it was transforming. It didn't show up in the schematics so I was really confused. Why wouldn't they put it after the power switch? So it serves no real purpose at all? Good bye power wasting transformer!

#8 1 year ago

You should really send the Fathom back to Canada. PM me and we can make arrangements.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

Thanks Vid! I wanted to call it a transformer so badly, but I was trying to figure out what it was transforming. It didn't show up in the schematics so I was really confused. Why wouldn't they put it after the power switch? So it serves no real purpose at all? Good bye power wasting transformer!

Safety first! The board under the ISO is asbestos, gloves and a respirator.
Sell it on KLOV, the guys who play with monitors will love it for their bench setup.
OR use it as a boat anchor.

#10 1 year ago

Save the asbestos for when you need to solder a water pipe and don't want the house to catch fire.

Or when you need us use a heat gun and don't want to melt the surrounding components.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Save the asbestos for when you need to solder a water pipe and don't want the house to catch fire.
Or when you need us use a heat gun and don't want to melt the surrounding components.

My house is covered in asbestos shingles so I am flush with asbestos around here! They really hold the paint well though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Machine - For Sale
Star Tannery, VA
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside