6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by trimoto
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trimoto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So did a play field swap on bally fathom everything worked before the swap .After all that now the blue and green and Center drop targets keep resetting . I've checked all the wires make sure we're hooked up right. Please help.
Thanks for your time James.

#3 6 years ago

Not all at once they are cycling one drop bank will fire and reset then anouther then another
and keeps repeteting this .
it doesn't start doing it until you try starting a game .

#4 6 years ago

(Not all at once they are cycling one drop bank will fire and reset then )

Let me check on that statement !!

#5 6 years ago

Well I had some time to work on this project .
I let the game boot up put some balls in it and started a game . The drop didn't start resetting but they did not pop up after hitting them down.
Now it's been 3or 4 minutes I'm testing things and I smell something it's the green drop targets getting hot Real hot the small coil were powered on ?
That's as far as I got . Tell next time hopefully this week end I'll have time to dig in . I really don't know what to look for .

#6 6 years ago

Any chance some one could help me out.

#8 6 years ago

Ok thanks , I did notice that all three balls had to be in the ball trough for it to start up . I have all new alteck boards in it Ill check and see what rom is in there . So I am using LED for my GI shouldn't be a problem with newer alteck . Now I notice the drops will register points when nocked down but they aren't coming back up none of them ?

#10 6 years ago

Hello shock__me -----and pinside friends
well all right so I have been looking this thing over and I cant find any crossed wires or sorts . . Those reset coils are definitely locking on now when I try to play a game . So the green drops , Blue Drops , center drops all are locked on when I start a game . they don't reset anymore .

I went through the plugs in the back box they are all keyed and plugged in right .

I'm wondering if the star roll over switch is tied to the reset switch for drop targets . when I swapped playfield these star switches came apart and had to be adjusted a few times to get them back in working order .

To add to the above statement the lighting for those star rollover switch is not working properly . I have been looking into this and found if I use a jump wire I can get them to come on but not all with one jump wire .

It seems like there is a common problem between the drops because 3 out of 4 are not working properly I'm stuck again where should I start looking next ?

Thanks James

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 90.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
£ 195.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trimoto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-drop-target-resetting?tu=trimoto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.