• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BallyTim
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi Guys,

Refamiliarizing myself with Fathom after not having one for quite a few years now.

Upon starting a game and on the first ball, as soon as ball goes through one of the A-B-C lanes, it immediately gives me a same player shoots again. Doesn't matter which lane and only on the first ball of the game. I want to turn that off.

I think it's possibly something with self-test position 16 and/or 17. I don't think it's an SW XX on/off thing. Though, that's why I'm here now. lol

Am I even close?

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

So you're saying it is giving you an extra ball, or is it just the "same player shoots again" light? If it's just the light, are the a-b-c lane lights working properly (do they come on after hitting the switch)?

If it is giving you the extra ball, check to see what your Extra Ball value is set to.

Could be that a previous owner had it set so low that it gives you an extra ball at very low points?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

So you are saying it is giving you an extra ball?
Check to see what your Extra Ball value is set to.
Could be that a previous owner had it set so low that it gives you an extra ball at very low points?

Yes, same player shoots again lights up as soon as it drops through one of those lanes. I figured it must be set ridiculously low. Just curious where that point value is set.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Page 14 of the manual covers setting the high score levels: https://www.ipdb.org/files/829/Bally_1981_Fathom_English_Manual.pdf

Just for clarity, it's actually page 8 of the manual. It is page 14 of the pdf

#6 4 years ago

Got it! Thanks!

1 week later
#7 4 years ago

Check the game settings. Some set the game with a low replay score to set the game for defacto free-play. The score award may have gotten set to award extra balls instead of replays.

Loved Fathom, one of my all time favorite games. Wished I never sold mine.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Check the game settings. Some set the game with a low replay score to set the game for defacto free-play. The score award may have gotten set to award extra balls instead of replays.
Loved Fathom, one of my all time favorite games. Wished I never sold mine.

Thanks Al!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-a-b-c-lanes?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.