(Topic ID: 131118)

Father's Day

By LTG

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

This seems like a good time to reflect on our blessings. And remember they can be lost is a minute.

From Beester, the man who claimed it isn't real pinball unless it's reel pinball.

...a wave of inner peace, never experienced previously and not until yesterday, swept across my soul as I surveyed my "little world", that night in the summer of 1979.

My beloved Katie, to me, unquestionably our maker's finest creation, manipulating a silver ball on a machine that seemed to dwarf her, which she insisted we buy on our meager newlywed income. That alluring glow of the lighted backglass, that alluring glow of happiness on my beloved Katie's face... EVERYTHING was right with the world, that night in the summer of 1979...

...a wave of grief, never experienced previously, swept across my soul as I surveyed my "crumbling world", that night in the summer of 1986.

My beloved Katie, to me, unquestionably our maker's finest creation, trying to manipulate a silver ball on that same machine that always dwarfed her, herself "propped up" by a makeshift "gizmo", not only majestically battling the "high score demons", but bravely fighting off the silent killer racking her body. My beloved Katie's last game was on that night, in the summer of 1986. She GOT the high score! (She knew, I think, that her best friend, this crazy guy that tried everything to hide the grief in his eyes, this man who said "I DO" and who tried to be every bit as strong as she, was periodically manually advancing the
    100,000 points unit.

...a wave of inner peace, yesterday, swept across my soul as I surveyed my "world".

My beloved Kathy, to me, unquestionably her mother's finest creation, manipulating a silver ball on a machine that dwarfs her, smiling and snickering, and looking every bit like my beloved Katie.

My beloved Katie lives on, through the unbreakable high score, through one of the many pride's of my life, our daughter, and through a woodrail pinball game called Sittin' Pretty, which has a magical power to transport me back to that night in 1979, when all seemed right with the world.

Beester

#2 8 years ago

Always a nice read. Happy Father's day, Lloyd

#3 8 years ago

Happy Father's Day to all Pinside dads. Mine was pretty typical. My wife got reservations for brunch at a nice restaurant. The kids managed to evacuate their bunkers and join us for a pleasant meal. Then I paid the bill!

Once a dad, always a dad...

1 year later
    #4 6 years ago

Happy Father's Day all...!!!

Off with my oldest for a nice ride...(hopefully we beat the rain.!)...then the whole family off to location pinball for an hour (they're putting up with the hour as they are not into pins in the least)...a nice dinner that I'll make cuz I love cooking...and Friday the 13th part VI for a nite cap...love me some Jason...hope you all have a wonderful day...!!!............Joey

#5 6 years ago

Happy Father's Day.

A good day to Bump this for Beester.

And remind us of our blessings and memories.

LTG : )

#6 6 years ago

Whoa. Deep stuff Lloyd. I'm grateful for both life and pinball!

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

This seems like a good time to reflect on our blessings. And remember they can be lost is a minute.
    From Beester, the man who claimed it isn't real pinball unless it's reel pinball.
    ...a wave of inner peace, never experienced previously and not until yesterday, swept across my soul as I surveyed my "little world", that night in the summer of 1979.
    My beloved Katie, to me, unquestionably our maker's finest creation, manipulating a silver ball on a machine that seemed to dwarf her, which she insisted we buy on our meager newlywed income. That alluring glow of the lighted backglass, that alluring glow of happiness on my beloved Katie's face... EVERYTHING was right with the world, that night in the summer of 1979...
    ...a wave of grief, never experienced previously, swept across my soul as I surveyed my "crumbling world", that night in the summer of 1986.
    My beloved Katie, to me, unquestionably our maker's finest creation, trying to manipulate a silver ball on that same machine that always dwarfed her, herself "propped up" by a makeshift "gizmo", not only majestically battling the "high score demons", but bravely fighting off the silent killer racking her body. My beloved Katie's last game was on that night, in the summer of 1986. She GOT the high score! (She knew, I think, that her best friend, this crazy guy that tried everything to hide the grief in his eyes, this man who said "I DO" and who tried to be every bit as strong as she, was periodically manually advancing the
    100,000 points unit.
    ...a wave of inner peace, yesterday, swept across my soul as I surveyed my "world".
    My beloved Kathy, to me, unquestionably her mother's finest creation, manipulating a silver ball on a machine that dwarfs her, smiling and snickering, and looking every bit like my beloved Katie.
    My beloved Katie lives on, through the unbreakable high score, through one of the many pride's of my life, our daughter, and through a woodrail pinball game called Sittin' Pretty, which has a magical power to transport me back to that night in 1979, when all seemed right with the world.
    Beester

This is the first time I've read this ... Lloyd that is poetry.

#8 6 years ago

Son and I got to lvl 12 tgther (i do the left and right while he shoots) on our cocktail arkanoid that sits next to his bunkbed after watching ESB cause its my favorite and we role play darth and luke at the end "I am your father", etc.
    Lost all the pins I once had and he enjoyed when he was very little. From whirlwind to metallica. He could trap and pass at age 2 with a pacifier in his mouth and a grin. Almost 5 now..
    Enjoying a nice afternoon now trying to figure out what part of me I have to sell to be able to buy a sw premium! Lol Happy Fathers Day to all Dads out there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathers-day?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.