By Mr_Tantrum

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7B68A581-5AD9-4B5B-A792-E8AC5674BF82 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Just wanted to make an appeal to all of you fathers out there. Without getting too serious, the most important responsibility in our lives is to raise our children to be independent, responsible, self-confident, compassionate, respectful, and mature young adults. While Fathers Day is typically a time for children to honor their dads, I came up with an idea a couple of years ago (probably not original) to flip things a bit. I decided to write my son, my only child, a hand written card on Fathers Day expressing to him two main thoughts: 1) what a priviledge and honor it is to be his dad, and 2) a couple of specific reasons why I am proud of him.

He receives my notes well, even if he is a little embarrassed. However, taking the time to express my thoughts and feelings to him really makes it a special day for me as a dad.

Anyway, just wanted to bring something positive to my fellow pinhead dads, and create a topic where others can give some ideas on how we might honor our children and our dads on this special day. Please share your thoughts, ideas, amd special memories to inspire others.

#2 5 years ago

I think that is a wonderful idea...I know what you mean about him getting a bit embarrassed...my kids..(now adults)...get like that when I do old school stuff like your doing...but I think it's because of that feeling that they remember this little stuff and take it with them in life.........Joey

Everyone have an amazing Father's Day....!!!

1 week later
#3 5 years ago

Happy Fathers Day to all you Pinsider dads. Take some quality time to play a little pinball with your dad and kids, and you might even think about letting them win a game or two (well, maybe at least let them get close).

#4 5 years ago

My father and I are going golfing tomorrow. I hope I whoop him!

#5 5 years ago

Kids are the best, Happy Fathers Day!

7B68A581-5AD9-4B5B-A792-E8AC5674BF82 (resized).jpeg7B68A581-5AD9-4B5B-A792-E8AC5674BF82 (resized).jpeg

#6 5 years ago

Well, I have to say that my son put a smile on my face this morning. He gave me a hand made Father’s Day card with a drawing of he and I playing pinball together.

Have fun with your kids today, dads!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathers-day-2018-june-17th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.