Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Jeffswack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0C3C1A66-6EA2-4EBA-BD98-EF6F9EFD4C19 (resized).jpeg
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

I'm thinking I want to add a newer fast pin to my collection. The questions I am posing are...

What is the absolute fastest Stern you've played, regardless of whether you enjoy it?

What is the fastest Stern that you enjoy playing?

The answer could be the same for both questions. I haven't played all modern Sterns, but my answers are...

Question #1 - Star Trek Pro
    Question #2 - Metallica Pro

#2 7 years ago

Question #1 - Iron Man
    Question #2 - Iron Man

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

Question #1 - Iron Man
    Question #2 - Iron Man

I haven't played that one yet, but I've heard it's speedy.

#4 7 years ago

Q #1 Iron Man
    Q #2 LOTR or CSI (not sure which is faster, probably depends on setup)

#5 7 years ago

Ghostbusters.

#6 7 years ago

What do you mean by fast ?
    Lots of flow or fast, low ball times ?

#7 7 years ago
    #8 7 years ago

Got pro

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

Question #1 - Iron Man
    Question #2 - Iron Man

I have to agree. Would love to add one to my lineup.

#10 7 years ago

Iron Man. No doubt about it.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Goalie:

Iron Man. No doubt about it.

Correct

#12 7 years ago

Kiss all day long

#13 7 years ago

Nothing is as fast as AC/DC pro

#14 7 years ago

Iron Man is very fast, Met Pro is a game that has more fun for us,perfect for home.
    Mike

#15 7 years ago

Just played a GBLE and it was very fast

#16 7 years ago

I was impulsively going to say Iron Man, but I have to agree with AC/DC pro.

#17 7 years ago

Iron Man #1, but hitting the TNT stand ups on AC/DC Pro can be quick death

#18 7 years ago

Star Trek is a blast as you nailed it, Metallica I want to like so much but really destroys me much faster but not as fast as Iron Man.

#19 7 years ago

The one with wax on it.

#20 7 years ago

I think they all possess the power to kill on certain shots ( my Tron is blinding at times), but IM is just wide open and built for maximum speed. No other game I've played is this relentless, speedwise.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

What do you mean by fast ?
    Lots of flow or fast, low ball times ?

By fast I mean the ball whipping around the playfield quickly. Very little stop and go type gameplay. You have to really have quick reflexes. Crazy fast multiball.

#22 7 years ago

Acdc pro. Up the flipper coil pulse in the settings to high and change the flipper rubber

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Star Trek is a blast as you nailed it, Metallica I want to like so much but really destroys me much faster but not as fast as Iron Man.

Star Trek was a game that really got my heart pumping. Multiballs are insane. I'm still leaning towards a MET Pro for my next pin, I'm thinking my kids will play it with me. They never used to play our Star Trek Pro when we owned it. They do play our Stargate all the time.

#24 7 years ago

TRON or METALLICA

#25 7 years ago

Star Trek Pro.
    Iron Man.
    GOT

#26 7 years ago

GOT
    and
    GB

#27 7 years ago

AC/DC PRO
    GOT PRO
    IM
    STLE
    GB
    MET

In that order

#28 7 years ago

I don't think Iron man is a fast game. For one it doesn't have the super strong slings so the sling action isn't that peppy. Secondly, the ramps have some odd curves so they're not that smooth. It's true there are a lot of quick returns of the ball like shooting close up iron monger. But I don't feel it's that speedy.

Acdc has a lot of speed and smooth ramps. Same with star trek and Metallica.

#29 7 years ago

AC/DC Pro. Crazy.

#30 7 years ago

GB is way stop and go and less flow

#31 7 years ago

Never played AC/DC pro, only LE, so I can't comment on that. For me IM and TWD. I was able to have normal plays for me on a GB Prem.

#32 7 years ago

1 iron man 2 Ghostbusters 3 walking dead 4 metallica

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I don't think Iron man is a fast game.

Gotta be one, I guess....

#34 7 years ago

Yeah I just don't see ghostbusters as fast; ball constantly in pops and has several shots that stop the ball

#35 7 years ago

I haven't played Iron Man; but of all the latest Stern that I've played/owned, I'd have to say the fastest machines are Ghostbusters and Star Trek.

Edit -- GB, for both questions.

#36 7 years ago

Ironman...acdc pro...got pro...ironman is the fastest.....star trek is all around fast and smooth combine...and metelica is the best pin out of the newer sterns.....

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

AC/DC Pro. Crazy.

+1000.

#38 7 years ago

With AC/DC what makes the pro faster than Prem/LE?

#39 7 years ago

No mini playfield to stop the ball

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

With AC/DC what makes the pro faster than Prem/LE?

Standups vs. drops. Fast richochets for days.

#41 7 years ago

Met pro, im, acdc, got, twd....... no particular order

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

By fast I mean the ball whipping around the playfield quickly. Very little stop and go type gameplay. You have to really have quick reflexes. Crazy fast multiball.

TWD barely gives you time to think, especially in multiballs.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

By fast I mean the ball whipping around the playfield quickly. Very little stop and go type gameplay

Top Five

1. The Rolling Stones LE with ceramic ball-There is not a machine that even comes close to the speed-Winner for sure
    2. Star Trek
    3. Ghostbusters
    4. IM
    5. AC/DC

#44 7 years ago

Fastest playing or fastest draining?

#45 7 years ago

i thought TWD was pretty quick or GOT LE

#46 7 years ago

I'm surprised GB is on people's list here.

GB has lots of pauses. Pauses to start right-orbit modes, pause in the saucer (and wait video mode too), pause in the scoop, and the ball can spend forever in the pops. The captive ball feature also slows the ball. GB can be difficult and fun, but I've never thought it to be especially fast relative to some others.

Met is similar; it can be pretty fast at times (faster than GB I'd say), but there are lots of times where it gives you breaks.

IM only has one spot where the ball sits for a short time at the center spinner while the monger raises. The only other time the ball pauses is Whiplash but you can't take a break there as the ball can come out fast, slow or at some evil angle. All of the stand ups bring the ball right back at you and of course the War Machine kickback is there to top it all.

I can often take a quick drink during GB; I've never even tried on IM.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I'm surprised GB is on people's list here.
    GB has lots of pauses. Pauses to start right-orbit modes, pause in the saucer (and wait video mode too), pause in the scoop, and the ball can spend forever in the pops. The captive ball feature also slows the ball. GB can be difficult and fun, but I've never thought it to be especially fast relative to some others.
    Met is similar; it can be pretty fast at times (faster than GB I'd say), but there are lots of times where it gives you breaks.
    IM only has one spot where the ball sits for a short time at the center spinner while the monger raises. The only other time the ball pauses is Whiplash but you can't take a break there as the ball can come out fast, slow or at some evil angle. All of the stand ups bring the ball right back at you and of course the War Machine kickback is there to top it all.
    I can often take a quick drink during GB; I've never even tried on IM.

That's a good point on GB. I guess 'fast' can have several meanings: how long a game lasts/ball time, how quickly the ball returns to the flippers, flow, ball speed, scoring relative to ball play time. GB does have pauses as you've mentioned, but I guess I'd still say it's fast. My ToM, for example, is somewhat fast but not as fast as GB, but it does flow much more -- not necessarily a good/bad thing.

#48 7 years ago

IM, ST, GOT pro

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from bhwolf:

That's a good point on GB. I guess 'fast' can have several meanings: how long a game lasts/ball time, how quickly the ball returns to the flippers, flow, ball speed, scoring relative to ball play time. GB does have pauses as you've mentioned, but I guess I'd still say it's fast. My ToM, for example, is somewhat fast but not as fast as GB, but it does flow much more -- not necessarily a good/bad thing.

Yep, I was just going with OP's definition of 'fast' for the context. I really enjoy GB and MET. Not knocking them at all.

#50 7 years ago

Iron Man
    Tron -how am i the first person to say tron. ahhhh

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fastest-playing-modern-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.