• 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Eddie
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85561-i.jpg
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think the point is that it is possible for a pin to have good flow, but that does not necessarily mean that it will be super fast.
DM has excellent flow. Ball speed is *not* fast.

Ya.. It wasn't designed to maintain ball speed. In fact, it saps ball speed every chance it gets. This is why I didn't mind selling mine.

#102 9 years ago

Jesus christ sometimes you people are too nerdy even for me.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus christ sometimes you people are too nerdy even for me.

Oh get out. Even for you???

That's a stretch.....

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Oh get out. Even for you???
That's a stretch.....

I know that's what I'm saying! Future mods for games are going to be nothing but radar guns and lasers showing ball speed on an LCD glued to the side rails.

I can hear the gears of madness turning in some of your heads right now

#105 9 years ago

My WH20 with new ceramic coated PF and powerballs instead of regular pinballs. One flew out and hit my son between the eyes and knocked him down.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Future mods for games are going to be nothing but radar guns and lasers showing ball speed on an LCD glued to the side rails.

THAT WOULD BE RADDDDDDDDDD. OMGGGGGGGG

A mod in High Speed where you have a radar gun are going for "fastest" orbit... oh yeah...

-mof

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

that's what I'm saying! Future mods for games are going to be nothing but radar guns and lasers showing ball speed on an LCD glued to the side rails.

#108 9 years ago

Played 'em all!

JM for the win.

#109 9 years ago

Is that JM with the stupidly slow hand that slowly drops the ball in a grid thing..zzzzzzzz.

Freshly waxed AFM.

#110 9 years ago

Of the games I've played.

ACDC
IM
JM

Of those, ACDC is the fastest but, I'm comparing it as a NIB game with silverjets, whereas the other 2 were routed.

#111 9 years ago

Someone actually mentioned Twilight Zone??? (Yes I know they said during multiball....but still).

JM at 0.5 degree tilt would be faster than TZ at 8.5 degrees!

#112 9 years ago

AGAIN!

JM is fast - no doubt that hitting the orbit a couple times will keep increasing that speed

I would imagine that Stern ST loops (orbits or upper flipper loop) can be faster

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

» YouTube video

This got me so horny.

#115 9 years ago

IM is fast
HS2 is faster
JM is a turd IMHO
F14 for the win!

#116 9 years ago

surprised JM keeps showing up in these lists, since the gameplay seems to consist of repeatedly aiming for the center shot and then waiting or doing the silly glove thing, which got old after about 2-3 plays.

Any of the Steve Ritchie machines mentioned above feel much faster, since when properly played the ball's zipping all over the place. And when I miss a shot on AC/DC the ball seems to be in a side drain faster than I can respond, usually lasered off the TNT targets or launched airborne off a sling.

#117 9 years ago

JM is very fast.

Freshly waxed JD is so fast it has a hard time staying in the rails.

BSD's left ramp feels very fast and smooth at the same time. Unlikely, JD. JD feels out of control how fast it throws the ball back sometimes.

Shadow isn't as fast as the others but it is pretty fast. Anyone that has tried to bang out consecutive loops on that machine has to have ridiculous timing.

#118 9 years ago

Seriously??? Thumbs up to anyone that said F-14. Everyone else probably hasn't played it. That game is so fast it's abusive. I've played every game mentioned here. F-14 is the fastest. TOM is close though...but way less brutal on multi-ball. Tron isn't close to either.

#119 9 years ago

If you want a lap timer, you need toy play Mario Andretti………. a kick back on the left, a gate on the right, a post in the middle………. and I drain……. that was fast!

#120 9 years ago

out of the games I have played, I would say F-14 and No Fear..

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Seriously??? Thumbs up to anyone that said F-14. Everyone else probably hasn't played it.

The only things people can judge by is what they have played. I've never played F-14 so I would be in that camp. I guess the op should have said to give your opinion only if you've played every game to compare by.

I have played TOM and I wouldn't call it fast, it has nice flow but, not necessarily what I would consider brutal speed. To me those are the games that jack the ball down the outlanes or center so fast that if you blink, you've missed it.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I have played TOM and I wouldn't call it fast, it has nice flow but, not necessarily what I would consider brutal speed. To me those are the games that jack the ball down the outlanes or center so fast that if you blink, you've missed it.

I agree, ToM has superb flow (I consider it possibly the best flowing pin ever), but the only thing that is super fast on it are the inner loop shots.

#123 9 years ago

Yeah but isn't solenoid assisted speed cheating? I remember first time playing in the arcade when young saying WTF! WJH? I wonder how may F14 flippers get broken and if more than other games.

#124 9 years ago

AC/DC is the fastest I've played yet. I have it set a little high so that helps with the speed but man the layout and wide ramp openings this thing is grease lightning.

#125 9 years ago

No mention of Fish Tales? I've seen the ball(well, not so much) go at warp speeds!

#126 9 years ago

There are a two ways to interpret this question that I can think of:

1) This is about the speed of the ball coming off the flipper. If so, it's tough to beat the post-bending and air-ball inducing speeds of a new Stern.
2) This is really about speed of the ball through ramps. Hmmm, that's more interesting and murkier to think about.

I am not interpreting this to be about "flow" which has been discussed often.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

It's a trick question. As it's been already stated...
Speed is a function of playfield cleanliness, polish, and wax.
Can anyone think of a pin with a ton of randomicity in the ball travel, that makes you work to track the ball ?
To me, it's that mental alertness you are forced to surrender to the game that makes some early 80's solid states the most challenging designs. For me, it's about the "untrackability" of the ball. I find DMDs in general to be far too predictable with their protected pops and and spoon-fed-inlane-feeding-ramps.
I'd like to know which pin you have with the most random ball travel that is ALSO fast...
-mof

Orbitor 1 say no more!!!!!!!!!

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Orbitor 1 say no more!!!!!!!!!

You've said too much.

#129 9 years ago

Firepower is pretty fast.

--Luke

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fastest-gameball-speed/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.