Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

And it matters a whole bunch for what reason exactly?

#17 3 years ago

So you are saying that faster pinball is always better pinball? I disagree but to each their own.

Also, any game with a cleared and waxed playfield, set at the same pitch, and some new flipper assemblies as the same title without all those things would always be faster.

So by "fast" did you mean the speed and frequency that the ball returns back to the flipper and not the actual relative speed of the ball?
    Did you really mean to ask, "What game allows the player the most main flipper to ball interactions per second?" I would cautiously suggest Fish Tales but it’s definitely not for everyone... myself included.

Same is true with rule depth. There are some very deep games with oh so terrible design and low fun factor.

I understand why the question is asked quite often, I’m just trying to understand why it’s typically always perceived as a good thing.

#19 3 years ago

To voice my opinion? To understand why people love pinball? Why are you here? Do you feel you have to right to tell others what to do? Voice your own opinion about pinball, don’t hate. You could actually contribute to the discussion and not just poke others, asking them to leave.

Pinball takes up a lot of space. I like fast games too but, I would not buy a game just because it’s fast. Just an opinion. Jeez.

I guess my take away overall was that there are a ton of things you could do to ANY pinball game to make it “faster”/smoother. Something else to consider perhaps. A lot of people put stronger flipper coils in LOTR to make it faster.

#21 3 years ago

That’s funny. I only immediately understood the question because there is a Stern thread with the same discussion.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

I thought it was to voice your confusion.
    The OP was just asking about other fast games, and you responded with a completely snarky response.
    He made no judgment that faster was better, only that he like the speed. He never said it mattered a whole bunch.

You are right. I regret posting that comment... Did not mean anything other than it’s not the first feature I look for when buying a game. Trust me, no one post is important enough on a site discussing pinball to anger me. I learned that 16 years ago on RGP.

Houdini could maybe be slow because it has a flipper/power issue, maybe the pitch is off, or some other factor. I played one on location in Ashville last year and though it was fast/tight. Another example here locally when it was brand new... that one was fast too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fastest-dmd?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.