Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by V_piscopo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I have a cheap arcade piece I'm considering buying for a few hundred bucks, don't want to spend $ 400 - $ 500 to pay to ship it via Beltman as it's more to ship than it's worth... I know Fastenal has been mentioned as a cheap shipper - and if they break this thing I'm not out a lot so I would consider them... How do you get quotes just call your local store ? What other tips does anyone have who have used them ?

#2 4 years ago

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/blue-lane-freight-3pl-(third-party-logistics)

just follow the instructions on the quote page, they will email you a quote usually within 24 hours (not weekends)

#3 4 years ago

You can also call a local store and asked to be put in touch with the shipping Dept. You may have to make another call for this but you can usually get a quicker response to decide if you really want to do it if timing is tight which is was in my case

#4 4 years ago

Fastenal is a fast and cheap option. I recently had a pin shipped across the country and it arrived in a few days. The same shipment using Beltman would take 3 weeks, cost double the amount and would probably arrived damaged.

#5 4 years ago

Fastenal corporate policy is that they don’t provide pallets. If you call a local store they may give your shipper one anyway. The shipped item isn’t insured unless it’s crated.

#6 4 years ago

I believe it needs to be on a pallet, needs to be dropped off and picked up at one of their stores.

#7 4 years ago

I have yet to hear anyone having issues using them. So long as the seller can get it there, and you can get to a location to pick it up, it's not a bad deal. If you get in good with your local store, they may even bring it to you.

#8 4 years ago

Thanks fellows ! Just wasn't sure if there was anything special to it... Seems easy.. TY again for replying.
    Joe

#9 4 years ago

Joe, have you tried posting on here to see if anyone is making a trip that can/would haul the machine for you? It seems like a long shot but I have had success a few times doing this.

If you go the Fastenal route would you post your experience? Like you I have never used them so be interesting to know.

Have to admit when I seen your post I thought you were buying my Goalee machine to go next to yours

#10 4 years ago

Ive used them twice, a machine from Missouri to Maryland and another from Texas to Maryland. Would gladly use again. I can send you any information that I have if you need it.

#11 4 years ago

I've used them a couple times. Although I've never had an issue with them I don't like that you can't get insurance without crating a game. It's fine for cheap games, projects, or EMs, but I don't think I would have them ship a high dollar item.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fastenal-give-me-the-skinny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.