3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
#1 3 years ago

when starting a game , everything works perfect except that the score reels for player 1 and player 2 do not reset to zero
The score reels for player 3 and 4 behave normally.
During playing scoring works perfectly ok for all 4 players but the score for players 1 and 2 keeps adding up since it does not get back to zero on start of game.
I did clean Z1 relay and looks ok. Have not checked it for continuity though.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from phototamer:

I did clean Z1 relay and looks ok. Have not checked it for continuity though.

There is also a resistor involved on Z1. '0' switches also need to be clean and properly set on the reels.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 3 years ago
Quoted from phototamer:

except that the score reels for player 1 and player 2 do not reset

During reset 2 relevant things happen:
1) Score reels turn
2) When score reels reach 0 Player unit advances

Do the player 1 & 2 score reels start to reset if player 3 & 4 have nonzero score?

#4 3 years ago

Well I'll be damned ...
Trying to note whether the score reels (1 + 2) started to reset along with 3 and 4 I noticed that the reels moved a bit but did not zeroed , while the game reset normally and playing was normal. I kept trying to find a pattern and after a dozen of switch off and game startup , all the reels zeroed .
I played several games will 1 , 1+2 , 1 +2 +3 and 1 + 2 + 3 +4 players and the machine behaves perfectly. all the score reels reset to zero.
Hope the problem does not resurface.

Thanks for everything though !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fastdraw-score-reels-1-and-2-do-not-reset-to-zero?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.