(Topic ID: 22504)

Fastbreak WPC 95 - Blanking circuit? (LED 201)

By Kayknow

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and new to pinball machines in general, though I do have circuit board experience. Hope you don't mind answering my question(s).

Fastbreak was running fine and all of a sudden cut out all but about 6 lights on the playfield. Took a look at the manual and saw that it said LED 201 (blanking) should only come on for 1 sec upon power up, then turn off and the diag LED should blink. The blanking LED is staying solid, I've been googling for 2 days and I understand what the blanking circuit does, however I haven't been able to find any solutions as to fixing it. If anyone could give me some input it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 11 years ago

This indicates that your CPU board has no activity. At this point, I would remove all ribbon cables from the CPU board and power up and see if the normal activity light flashes. If so then reinstall one ribbon cable at a time repeating the test. Note that one cable goes to multiple boards so you will need to isolate those as well. Please report back the findings.

If the CPU does not get activity even with no ribbon cables, you could verify voltage at the input to the board for 5v and 12v. If that's ok then you may need to repair the CPU board or just replace it.

#3 11 years ago

So I unplugged all ribbon cables and still have the same LED 201 staying lit. i will test voltages tomorrow. Thank you for taking the time to anser me

#4 11 years ago

Markmon's offered you a good start.
As he suggested, test the 5VDC power on the power/driver board. It should be above about 4.93VDC or so.

Next, in addition to removing the ribbon cables, remove the 4 lower switch matrix connectors. All that should be left is the input power connector. Power up. Has the LED activity changed?

Any alkaline damage on the board?

With power off, press firmly on the ASIC (square chip in the board center). Reboot. Any change?

Report back soldier.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

2 years later
#5 8 years ago

I know this is terribly old, but I found it when I had a stuck on LED201 on JY tonight. Anyway, for anyone in the future, just FYI, mine ended up being almost undetectable corrosion damage in the socket of G11. Pulled socket, neutralized board, cleaned, buzzed out continuity points, soldered in new machine pin sockets and dropped in 6809, good to go!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fastbreak-wpc-95-blanking-circuit-led-201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.