4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

So as ive build the cabinet and tested all parts of the devil riders playfield which I will use for my homebrew pinball, im thinking of how I will control everything. My plan is to build a driver board for a arduino mega. So now Ive heard about all this great controllers out there. Im interested in this Fast starter kit and I want to know how difficult it is to programming this system. Im etching and soldering everything at my own in my projects (not pinballs) in the past and are not the baddest in building pcbs. Ive used some arduino nano and uno in some projects in the past but Im not the best in programming. So my idea was to do my project with arduinos, to learn a bit more programming. But now I have seen this FAST starter kid and Im really interested in it. Ive seen you can use mission pinball framework with FAST.......but i dont know how difficult the handling is. I have the will to learn, especially programming for upcoming projects,. Eventually some of the experienced people here can give me some tips whats best to start with.

#2 4 years ago

FAST does integrate well into MPF. Everything works out of the box. You can have a look at our docs for details: http://docs.missionpinball.org/en/latest/hardware/fast/index.html. Regarding programming, you can get pretty far in MPF with just config files. You can try our tutorial which does not require any hardware: http://docs.missionpinball.org/en/latest/tutorial/index.html. If you want you can also write stuff in python but you don't have to for most parts.

Jan

#3 4 years ago

The real question is what do you want out of your project? If you just want the code experience, the fast (or p-roc) bundles will work great as you can get flipping very quick and then focus on your rules and game design. I think regardless of what hardware you use, the mission Pinball framework is where you will end up when actually codding the machine.

#4 4 years ago

99.9% of spaceballs is done with MPF config files. There is very little code in there. The only two places I have code and not config are in the dead flip attract mode flipper code and the servo control for my ball lock.

MPF is fantastic!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-pinball-starter-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.