7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mbecker
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

We are very excited to have been asked to host a pinball-based Maker Day at the Museum of History & Industry! Included with the cost of admission will be popular pinball and custom machines on freeplay to enjoy, as well as pinball projects in various stages of development. We will be showing some of the newer hardware projects we are working on, including our FAST RGB DMD display.

WHAT: Maker Day: Pinball Mechanics @ MOHAI
    WHEN: August 27th from 11am-2pm
    WHERE: Museum of History & Industry in Seattle, WA

MAP: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Museum+of+History+%26+Industry+(MOHAI)

For more information about the event and about MOHAI, visit the link below:

http://www.mohai.org/visit-us/mohai-calendar/eventdetail/1349/-/maker-day-pinball-mechanics

Looking forward to sharing the fun of building pinball with all who visit!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

PS: Volunteers! MOHAI suggested we bring a good group of people to help answer questions and share the love. If you are building a FAST powered pinball machine and are in the area (or willing to drive) and want to participate, get in touch with me and we will work out the details!

1 week later
    #2 7 years ago

I am planning on joining Aaron at the event with information about vacuum forming ramps and mold construction.

#3 7 years ago

We will have some giveaway items to handout at the Maker Day on Saturday. First come, first served. Here is one of the test cuts of the snap together mini pinball machine...

Cool tools make cool stuff!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#4 7 years ago

The Maker Day at MOHAI today was great. I absolutely love getting together with my friends and sharing the joy making pinball with the masses. Can't wait to do it again!

The mini pinball machine building was a huge success. Kids, adults, kids together with adults all had a blast putting them together.

Everyone working at MOHAI were kind, attentive and thoroughly excited about sharing cool things with the community. If you haven't been there, check it out next time you are in the South Lake Union area of Seattle.

I didn't take many pictures personally, but others did. I'll try to share them here later.

Thank you to everyone who came out!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#5 7 years ago

Awesome stuff!! Couldn't make it today but wish I could have. Thanks for sharing home brew with Seattle FAST!!

Side note your post made me think of-- regarding building pins & kids: the science center has a pretty cool hands on thing with peg board based play fields and rubber bands, including rubber band based flippers where you are free to mess around and add to / build it the way you want. Just fyi for anyone interested with kids.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-pinball-hosts-pinball-maker-event-mohai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.