(Topic ID: 156038)

FAST or P-ROC controllers?

By iko

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fast-power-filter-supplies_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-08_at_10.07.00_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-08_at_10.06.34_PM_(resized).png
    project-thunderdome-cc_(resized).jpg
    debounceswitcho_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160406_103114_edit_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160325_23_39_23_Pro_(resized).jpg
    science-dog1_(resized).jpg
    337fdc973ee7960404af000ced85f3be70aa2258165264b03643349aa86f9593_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

Will put in two cents for P-ROC - the number of projects already out there and the robustness of the platform has some history behind it. Lots of documentation for just about anything related as well as P-ROC has been used in professional applications. Fast is also looking great - different platform with its own set of pros. Probably can't go wrong with either but for now P-ROC has a leg up based on what I and a couple others have mentioned.

3 weeks later
    #170 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

So, a thought occured to me to ask another possibly silly stupid question -
    I saw that FAST, at least, has interfaces for WPC games (and Sys11, I think, though I can't recall exactly at this time..)..
    What/how could these systems (FAST *or* P-ROC..) be connected to older games, like Classic Bally/Stern or hell, less populous games like Gottlieb?

You would have to do like Mark S. did and make your own interface board for the system (drivers, lamps) and deal with the display aspect.

#180 8 years ago

Can't believe I forgot to mention Jim's newer Bally control boards (applejuice here). If you want to do the Stern Meteor thing, that would be a consideration.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-or-p-roc-controllers?tu=shimoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.