Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pimp77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Fast means good?”

• Yes 36 votes
      55%
    • No 29 votes
      45%

(65 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Me_want.jpg
    prem.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Fast means good?

#2 11 years ago

... can you add other choices such as "not always"?

Most fast games I know are good. But correlation is probably not perfect... Counter-examples ?

#3 11 years ago

Slow means bad?

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Slow means bad?

Ever tried Jubilee or Genie recently ?

#5 11 years ago

It means good if you like fast games.

#6 11 years ago

No, my space jams a hell of a lot faster then whirlwind but I know which I prefer

#7 11 years ago

Yeah kinda depends for me. IM is fast and fun but sometimes I do get frustrated so depends on my mood.

#8 11 years ago

YES NO MAYBE

#9 11 years ago

is there actual question here.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

speak english

#11 11 years ago

Not at all. Games come in all size and shapes.

Quoted from Collin:

That's aboot as Meta as it comes.

#12 11 years ago

Fast means good?

Not in bed! (Hiyo! )

prem.jpgprem.jpg

*sigh*

#13 11 years ago

Clearly I was referencing the fact that the original post was a mere sentence fragment. Learn to use proper punctuation.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Learn to use proper punctuation.

You forgot the comma after clearly.

Quoted from Collin:

Clearly I was referencing

#15 11 years ago

price police, stern police, w/b police all have their place. Puncuation (<--and spelling) police have no place here.

#16 11 years ago

Is that the law?

Quoted from TheLaw:

no place here.

#17 11 years ago

Genie

Genie?

Me_want.jpgMe_want.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Well my Grandma taped a cheetah to her back and now she's fast.....and she thinks it's good.

#19 11 years ago

AC/DC is fast. That's good.
    Waxing a playfield makes it faster. Also good.
    But AC/DC with a freshly waxed playfield is so NOT good!

#20 11 years ago

Fast to me means quick ball times like tron and iron man and not the speed of the ball. I like fast games and marathon games like FGY and LOTR. Both have their places in a good collection.

#21 11 years ago

I try to make my fast games faster. So yes. Fast is good.

#22 11 years ago

After playing FT, TAF, IJ, FH, and WW all night last night I can clearly say that my JM is too fast. I love it but there is only down time with the glove. The ramps are super fast and after 2 loops the ball is out of control.

#23 11 years ago

^^i agree, sometimes fast is not so good. I only have room for one pin at my house so i cycle out. Right now i've had HS2 for a while and sometimes i want to play a game thats not 900mph all the time. Fast is fun, but too much fast wears on you after a while.

#24 11 years ago

yeah if you love slow games may I suggest WOZ; you can drink a lot of beer while playing it

#25 11 years ago

You need both to suit your mood. Some nights I want a nice game from the 80s that is fairly calm and relaxing. Other nights I want to get slapped in the face with speed. Just be careful which games you do it to. Some older games play like crap if you make them too fast.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

yeah if you love slow games may I suggest WOZ; you can drink a lot of beer while playing it

No, no. You have to drink a lot of beer BEFORE playing WOZ!
    (I kid! I kid!)

#27 11 years ago

I asked this question because I hear comments like this:

...The <insert game> is so awesome! It's FAST....blah blah blah.

It's like speed is the core appeal to their interest in a game.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

I asked this question because I hear comments like this:
    ...The <insert game> is so awesome! It's FAST....blah blah blah.

Speed (flow) is one of my core appeals to a game.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

So?

#30 11 years ago

and...?

#31 11 years ago

Fast is better unless you suck or your 70 and up.

#32 11 years ago

Possibly they are an impatient hyperactive spaz with a short attention span in a big hurry wanting spoon feed shots they can't miss, aiming to get to the "next thing" in a perpetual chain of endless stimulus to avoid dealing with the terror and fear of inactivity and being with themselves alone?

#33 11 years ago

I guess Im more of a mode guy thinking about it....

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

Possibly they are an impatient hyperactive spaz with a short attention span in a big hurry wanting spoon feed shots they can't miss, aiming to get to the "next thing" in a perpetual chain of endless stimulus to avoid dealing with the terror and fear of inactivity and being with themselves alone?

What the hell are you even talking about?

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Actually i kind of am hopeing it doesnt play lightning fast.

I like fast as well but like i said a good mix is good for me. Fast games hone the pinball ninja skills though. I'm used to playing faster games so when i play a family members game thats plays slower, i ussually pimp them.

The age comment was untrue. My mom is 62 and holds her own pretty well on HS2, i am surpised. She's nowhere near getting on my leader board, but then again, i can't even get on my own leader board anymore, i got the scores up so high.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

Classic case of a knucklehead.
    You asked if fast is better, and some have replied "yes".
    You own a LOTR and a TSPP so it's not your choice. That's fine.
    But why now go and bash others who prefer fast style games?

It's a free (play) country!

#37 11 years ago

Variety means good.

#38 11 years ago

Some games are designed to be fast, like almost every game Steve Ritchie designed. Some people like them, you clearly do not. Do not see the problem with people have differing opinions.

#39 11 years ago

all I see is a bunch of ignored user posts

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

I brought all of my ignored users out of hibernation this week. Even the ones that piss me off the most occasionally amuse me thus evening it out in my mind.

#41 11 years ago

I definitely lean towards "fast" pins. That being said I enjoy all kinds even old EM's.

Let me define fast.

In pinball fast = fast flow (high ball speed) and/or fast return to the flippers (also high ball speed).

Fast does not equal a quick game......although the faster pins usually do end up having shorter ball times on average.

#42 11 years ago

Another "please everyone, tell me I'm gonna enjoy WOZ!" post.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

It's like speed is the core appeal to their interest in a game

Sometimes, yes. It depends on my mood. If I'm having a few beers, I prefer a stop and go pin, kinda like my TAF.

#44 11 years ago

TZ, LOTR, and TSPP are slow games, but are LOVED by Pinsiders.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Speed (flow) is one of my core appeals to a game.

You raise a good question, is speed flow? We talk like they are and you point that out but they could be thought of by some as different. We know that we can change the ball speed on a lot of machines now so maybe we should separate ball speed from flow. I know flow allows the speed to stay up but every time the ball changes direction it stops.

Astro made some good points as well.

Some thing fast is game time. I usually think that is short. But I di tell myself to go play a quick game at times and I am thinking length of game not speed.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

Hahaha,
    Take the jacket off Ben!

#47 11 years ago

I like both kinds of games, fast and flowy. Look at my collection. My slowest game would be considered LOTR, but since I added the PBL LOTR coils, it plays much better. If you don't like fast games, good for you. That just means there is someone to buy the stuff I don't like.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I like both kinds of games, fast and flowy. Look at my collection. My slowest game would be considered LOTR, but since I added the PBL LOTR coils, it plays much better. If you don't like fast games, good for you. That just means there is someone to buy the stuff I don't like.

You love fast flowing pins and you got rid of HS2!?

#49 11 years ago

I needed the space for another pin. Can't keep them all.

#50 11 years ago

If fast is good then JM is the greatest game of all time!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-means-good and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.