(Topic ID: 164243)

Fast Eddie 518-366-4569

By rcbrown316

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fast Eddy (resized).jpg
    IMG_9176 (resized).jpg
    50B4B29A-5C39-4980-80BC-8F5744572196 (resized).jpeg
    FEddue (resized).jpg
    20220316_183101 (resized).jpg
    fast (resized).jpg
    E6D7891E-00DA-4FD7-97EE-5091A26327C5 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    B7C2F231-D390-48C2-BD54-0F575A97A026 (resized).jpeg
    1B93D0EA-A1F2-4182-99CF-F51EB6ED7D70 (resized).jpeg
    14CE2EE4-CE97-4912-93E7-08C1B6824D96 (resized).jpeg
    54B89F5E-71F1-4806-9D31-33D9AC42044E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4177 (resized).jpg
    8FF163E6-05D6-4E50-B227-253E1B774652 (resized).jpeg
    7E666096-BBD5-4AE3-80AE-FAC50F64A79A (resized).jpeg
    61E974A2-9646-480C-9FF7-9843E89AD6E3 (resized).jpeg
    There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago

Just wanted to bump this thread and recommend him to any one in the northeastern United States. I had him deliver a pinball to me for $350.

He drove to New Jersey to pick up the machine I bought. Then drove to Vermont to deliver it. He even came inside and helped set it up. When I offered him food and drinks, all he wanted was one glass of water.

He wrapped and packed this thing better than if it was new in box. I couldn't believe the layers of packaging he had wrapped the machine in.

By the way, he said he isn't sure how he feels about the nickname Fast Eddie. He said he's afraid that people will associate the nickname with someone "trying to pull a fast one". I reassured him that everyone knows that is not the case, and that he's called that because of his prompt work ethic.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

Just wanted to bump this thread and recommend him to any one in the northeastern United States. I had him deliver a pinball to me for $350.
    He drove to New Jersey to pick up the machine I bought. Then drove to Vermont to deliver it. He even came inside and helped set it up. When I offered him food and drinks, all he wanted was one glass of water.
    He wrapped and packed this thing better than if it was new in box. I couldn't believe the layers of packaging he had wrapped the machine in.
    By the way, he said he isn't sure how he feels about the nickname Fast Eddie. He said he's afraid that people will associate the nickname with someone "trying to pull a fast one". I reassured him that everyone knows that is not the case, and that he's called that because of his prompt work ethic.

https://www.fasteddiesbonair.com/

2 months later
    #53 5 years ago

I had him pickup a video game yesterday.
    He was on time., wrapped it very well.
    Good price Pa to L.I. Good guy.
    I will use him again.

#54 5 years ago

He picked up from me yesterday as well. Does a great job all the time.

1 month later
    #55 5 years ago

Bumping this up. Had the pleasure of meeting Eddie this morning, who brought me a High Speed from a fellow pinsider. Awesome communication, and he really does an awesome job packing and moving them. He even held this one for me for a week due to the weather being bad, wouldn’t take the slightest chance of driving it through rain or snow.

4 months later
    #56 4 years ago

Eddy came by today and picked up two machines I sold, as well as wrapped the one machine I’m keeping.

He is active, but not sure for how much longer. He told me that he wished he was busier. He only charges $350 vs. $500+ for the big name shippers. It’s a no brained to go through him if you’re looking to ship a game.

#57 4 years ago

He is a super great guy, I helped him wrap up the Astro when I sold it and boy was that an experience, so much packing material and care went into it. I honestly believe it could have fallen off the truck and still been alright.

#58 4 years ago

I keep fast Eddie as busy as I can. He is absolutely the best and a no brainer for shipping in the North East.

#59 4 years ago

eddie is a great guy. ole skool no nonsense.

#60 4 years ago

He is a great guy and easy work with. He has packing up a game to a science. Give him a call if you need a game moved

#61 4 years ago

What is the furthest west someone has used Eddie?

#62 4 years ago

michigan, ohio, but with multiple drop offs or pickups.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

Quoted from Matesamo:

I honestly believe it could have fallen off the truck and still been alright.

He’s picked up three games for me that I sold. I always help him wrap them. Great guy. Just when you think he’s done...he busts out another blanket and some more wrap.

If Eddie would have pre-wrapped all the games Todd ended up throwing off the roof, we’d still be playing them.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

What is the furthest west someone has used Eddie?

For one machine, I know he’s gone down as far south as Virginia, and at least to northern New Hampshire.

When he was over yesterday, he told me how last month or so he went to Chicago to pick up 4 antique jukeboxes, and a few slot machines.

I’m sure if the price is right he will drive just about anywhere.

Quoted from Colsond3:

He’s picked up three games for me that I sold. I always help him wrap them. Great guy. Just when you think he’s done...he busts out another blanket and some more wrap.
    If Eddie would have pre-wrapped all the games Todd ended up throwing off the roof, we’d still be playing them.

When I’m done helping him wrap, I always ask if he wants anything to eat or drink. All he ever asks for is a single glass of water when he’s done or the occasional towel to wipe his sweat. Someday I hope he will sit down and have dinner with us-it’s the least I could do.

It will be a sad day when Eddy retires. I can’t think of anyone else who is servicing the NE US.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from New_England:

For one machine, I know he’s gone down as far south as Virginia, and at least to northern New Hampshire.
    When he was over yesterday, he told me how last month or so he went to Chicago to pick up 4 antique jukeboxes, and a few slot machines.
    I’m sure if the price is right he will drive just about anywhere.

When I’m done helping him wrap, I always ask if he wants anything to eat or drink. All he ever asks for is a single glass of water when he’s done or the occasional towel to wipe his sweat. Someday I hope he will sit down and have dinner with us-it’s the least I could do.
    It will be a sad day when Eddy retires. I can’t think of anyone else who is servicing the NE US.

Fast Eddie is great. Bob Cunningham is also terrific for the east coast, including the Florida area to the midwest. Contact information for Bob, Fast Eddie and others is in an old thread I started. . .link as follows:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-good-bad-amp-ugly-of-delivery-services-pinball-amp-arcade

3 months later
    #66 4 years ago

....Anyone needing a pin picked-up/delivered week of 10/21 in Tri-State area to/from Cleveland/Cincinnati/Pittsburgh give Fast Eddie a call (518) 366-4569

#67 4 years ago

Just met Fast Eddie today in southern NH. What a great guy. Stern (no offense) has nothing over the way this man wraps up a pin. I think you could drop it off the back of the truck on 95, unwrap it, and play it with no issues. He's delivering a pin from Southern NH to Pittsburgh PA. Drive safe my friend.

20191014_142212 (resized).jpg20191014_142212 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #68 4 years ago

Eddie just picked up a Scorpion from me for delivery to Rochester. To say he's a nice guy would be an understatement.....and he's about as serious as you get when it comes to the number and amount of blankets, tape, shrink wrap and cardboard he uses. Pretty sure when the shrink wrap manufacturer wines and dines it's critical clientele, he's the first guy they call

His wife just has surgery last week, he had to get his lift gate repaired yesterday, and yet here he is at my house. The man is committed. Thanks Eddie.

IMG_20191023_154247601 (resized).jpgIMG_20191023_154247601 (resized).jpg
    #69 4 years ago

My black knight is going to Wisconsin courtesy of Fast Eddie who will deliver it into Ohio. To say this guy packages up pinball properly for shipment is an understatement. He should probably be a professional wrapper by trade. The nicest guy and very professional. Two thumbs up.

20191024_154340 (resized).jpg20191024_154340 (resized).jpg
    #70 4 years ago
    Quoted from epeabs:

My black knight is going to Wisconsin courtesy of Fast Eddie who will deliver it into Ohio. To say this guy packages up pinball properly for shipment is an understatement. He should probably be a professional wrapper by trade. The nicest guy and very professional. Two thumbs up.

He was just at my house in Leominster before yours, dropping off a JJP PotC. Really nice guy, we probably talked as much as we worked. And yep, blankets, then wrap, then more blankets, then more wrap. Took twice as long to unwrap as it did to wheel it in and set it up. Would definitely use him again.

#71 4 years ago

He's a really nice guy. Picked up one from me a few months ago and does a great job. Just hope he stays safe. That's a lot of driving and tough work.

#72 4 years ago

Eddie is the absolute best!

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Just hope he stays safe. That's a lot of driving and tough work.

Yeah, I had a similar thought. He's in his 70s, walks with a pronounced hunch probably from doing this for decades, "should he really still be doing this?" But it's his life, of course, I just hope he knows when it's time to call it quits. I tried to help him all I could with the lifting, and my hydraulic table cart came in handy.

#74 4 years ago

It's actually a pleasure helping him and doing whatever you can to assist him. This man is a miracle for us in the freaking Hobby.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from epeabs:

It's actually a pleasure helping him and doing whatever you can to assist him. This man is a miracle for us in the freaking Hobby.

Yes he is. I help him as much as I can whenever he picks up games from me.

EA3ECBBD-9005-41A6-B19A-BF6B5A75917B (resized).jpegEA3ECBBD-9005-41A6-B19A-BF6B5A75917B (resized).jpegA773EEEB-CD24-4435-8F00-121066B5EAEA (resized).jpegA773EEEB-CD24-4435-8F00-121066B5EAEA (resized).jpeg
    #76 4 years ago

So he does not have a covered trailer? I guess that explains why he wraps the hell out of them.

So I guess he mostly covers north east?

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

So he does not have a covered trailer? I guess that explains why he wraps the hell out of them.
    So I guess he mostly covers north east?

For the most part. He goes a little south and west also.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Eddie just picked up a Scorpion from me for delivery to Rochester. To say he's a nice guy would be an understatement.....and he's about as serious as you get when it comes to the number and amount of blankets, tape, shrink wrap and cardboard he uses. Pretty sure when the shrink wrap manufacturer wines and dines it's critical clientele, he's the first guy they call
    His wife just has surgery last week, he had to get his lift gate repaired yesterday, and yet here he is at my house. The man is committed. Thanks Eddie.[quoted image]

I was on the receiving end of this transaction; my first experience in dealing with Fast Eddie. Based on all of the prior reviews of his work, I was not disappointed in the least. Eddie is an incredibly nice gentleman who obviously takes pride in what he does. In looking at the wrapped "pickup" version of my machine, I was impressed at the level of 'protection' he gives these machines; dual blanket wrap followed by LOTS and LOTS of shrink wrap. But for Eddie, when it started raining on the way from his house to my house, he had to pull over, wrap the whole thing in a tarp and shrink wrap again!!

We had a nice long conversation as we both got the machine into the house and set it up. I offered him lots to eat and drink, but as usual he was happy with just a bottle of water for the trip home And this whole transaction was performed within a week of his wife having heart surgery AND major problems with his new truck. As CMACK750 stated above, the man is committed, and worth every penny.

He did mention that he will slow down a bit in a few weeks (temporarily), which I'm sure is well deserved. Thank you again Eddie for providing top notch service to those in this hobby!!!

2 months later
    #79 4 years ago

Bumping this thread up again, excellent experience with Eddie. He just delivered a game for me today. I usually like to pick up games in person, but due to my schedule and distance I was unable to but everything worked out w/ him. Great communication & great guy.

#80 4 years ago

Phew. Every time this thread is bumped I worry a little, y'know? Keep on truckin', Eddie.

2 months later
    #81 4 years ago

Anyone know if the phone number listed is still valid? I called but it just went to a generic voicemail that gave no indication that this was a shipping service.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoolioJones:

Anyone know if the phone number listed is still valid? I called but it just went to a generic voicemail that gave no indication that this was a shipping service.

spoke to fast eddie yesterday. he is doing well he is locked down at home. leave a message and he would get back to you. he told me he is staying put till this coronavirus blows over which is a good thing i want the guy to be around for a long time!!

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

spoke to fast eddie yesterday. he is doing well he is locked down at home. leave a message and he would get back to you. he told me he is staying put till this coronavirus blows over which is a good thing i want the guy to be around for a long time!!

Fast Eddie needs to be Locked Down Eddie for the time being. Dude is an asset to humanity!

1 month later
    #84 3 years ago

Eddie was here this afternoon, lookin' good, still truckin! He's been really busy the last month, everywhere from Virginia, Baltimore, NJ, Rochester, Buffalo, Brooklyn, way out in rural Pennsylvania, and so on. Putting a lot of miles on that new truck.

Anyway, bumping the thread because after being booked solid the last month his schedule is lighter now, so I asked him if he wanted me to let Pinside know he's got some free time open, and he did. So if you need pinballs/arcades/jukeboxes moved in the northeast, give Eddie a call.

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

Eddie was here this afternoon, lookin' good, still truckin! He's been really busy the last month, everywhere from Virginia, Baltimore, NJ, Rochester, Buffalo, Brooklyn, way out in rural Pennsylvania, and so on. Putting a lot of miles on that new truck.
    Anyway, bumping the thread because after being booked solid the last month his schedule is lighter now, so I asked him if he wanted me to let Pinside know he's got some free time open, and he did. So if you need pinballs/arcades/jukeboxes moved in the northeast, give Eddie a call.

fast eddie doesnt play around and its amazing what he does with those loafers.
    i would go out to dinner with him when he had time and he was delivering a pin. the man has amazing stories about bitd and how operators worked.

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

fast eddie doesnt play around

He doesn't. He already had one pin for me in storage and needed to pick up another one, but the guy he was picking up from was leaving for a weekend camping trip and would only be available early AM. So Eddie left his house at midnight, drove 8 hours to pick up the pin by 8am and drove 8 hours back to his house so both pins would be ready for delivery today. Things like that on top everything else he does.

I said to my wife yesterday, I know we have two pins coming tomorrow, but I'm as excited to see Eddie as get the machines.

#87 3 years ago

Not much to add here, but Fast Eddie delivered me an Arcade machine a couple of years back and I was amazed by how easy it was. Through an ice storm, packed extremely well, handled with care and loaded into my basement.

Make sure you tip him, he's worth every penny!

#88 3 years ago

So glad to hear he's doing well and back on the road. I hope to be seeing him soon.

#89 3 years ago

I’ve always heard great things and would definitely use Eddie’s services if a pin comes up in the future that I would want shipped, so I want to have a plan in case any of my grails come up for sale .

How do you guys handle payment to the seller - are you using an escrow service or do you just send the funds once Eddie is at the seller’s location?

#90 3 years ago

For some reason guys named Eddie are always Fast Eddie. Like guys who are Bill are always Wild Bill or Dollar Bill.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

For some reason guys named Eddie are always Fast Eddie. Like guys who are Bill are always Wild Bill or Dollar Bill.

And your point is?

#92 3 years ago

Now THIS is a guy we should start a GoFundMe for....

#93 3 years ago

I met Fast Eddie back in 2012. Bought several machines from him. Back when he use to do more then just ship them. I will never forget that New Jersey accent. And looking at the recent pics, he still looks like he could kick some ass. I don't know how he moves these machines at his age. Back then he didn't even have a lift gate.

As everyone has stated, just an all around great guy who goes above and beyond. Highly recommended.

Thanks
    Blake

2 weeks later
    #94 3 years ago

Another great experience with Eddie. Here he is just getting started, machine is going to be bullet proof when he’s done.

Also going to be a long day for him, from NY to RI to PA and then back. And it’s already hot and it’s only 7am

61E974A2-9646-480C-9FF7-9843E89AD6E3 (resized).jpeg61E974A2-9646-480C-9FF7-9843E89AD6E3 (resized).jpeg7E666096-BBD5-4AE3-80AE-FAC50F64A79A (resized).jpeg7E666096-BBD5-4AE3-80AE-FAC50F64A79A (resized).jpeg8FF163E6-05D6-4E50-B227-253E1B774652 (resized).jpeg8FF163E6-05D6-4E50-B227-253E1B774652 (resized).jpeg
    #95 3 years ago
    Quoted from hollyw00d:

Another great experience with Eddie. Here he is just getting started, machine is going to be bullet proof when he’s done.
    Also going to be a long day for him, from NY to RI to PA and then back. And it’s already hot and it’s only 7am[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The guy is such a beast. Doing it with a mask on too? Damn.

#96 3 years ago

I have not used FE yet but know the man and will be using his premier service.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from hollyw00d:

Also going to be a long day for him, from NY to RI to PA and then back. And it’s already hot and it’s only 7am[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And if everything goes right, he should be in Mass tomorrow, then NH, then ultimately to Maryland.

#98 3 years ago

Eddie didn't take the 4th as a holiday today. He was in NH then heading back towards home. Thanks as always Eddie.

IMG_4177 (resized).jpgIMG_4177 (resized).jpg
    #99 3 years ago

Fast Eddie: the name you can trust!

And an inspiration to all of us aging pinheads that we may be able to do this into our 70s

#100 3 years ago

First time meeting Eddie today while I helped him wrap a pin going to VT. Had a great time and hope to see him again!

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-eddie/page/2?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.