Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pinphila
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221218_083219 (resized).jpg
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

Hey Everyone.

Fast Eddie is picking up a machine for me down in NC. and delivering it up here to me in Massachusetts. He'll be coming out of the NY area to start, so I want to get a full delivery run together for him to make it more worth his while and a little cheaper for us.

That said, does anyone need transportation service either shipping down from New England to the Carolinas and of course, does anyone need anything shipped up here to the New England area from down there?

Anywhere along the way he can do and he can fit 5 to 6 machines on his truck each way at 1 time.

This will probably fill up fast, so make it known here what you need so Eddie can get his itinerary together.

Thanks and happy, healthy new year to everyone.

Derek.

#2 1 year ago

Also, if anyone is interested, I have a gorgeous Pinball Magic for sale that Eddie can take down to you if you're down south. Check out my for sale ad. I just had a deal on it fall through last week.

Here's my ad link.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/148351

Also, the person who's WCS94 I bought in NC. has an absolutely gorgeous CV for sale. So if you been looking for one that's complete with the scrolls and are up here in NJ, NY or New England, now's the time to grab it.

If not for wanting a Godzilla Premium, I'd buy his CV too.

#3 1 year ago

I have two games available along this route, I’m looking for a Metallica or BM66 and would be open to working something out

Machine - For Trade
    Spider-Man VE Archived
    HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Putting my Spider-Man Vault Edition out there for trade Game is in excellent condition with no issues or wear to speak of Upgrades include: -ColorDMD -lighted legs -pinball shoot...”
    2023-03-18
    Medford, NJ
    Trade
    Archived after: 22 days
    Viewed: 1716 times

#4 1 year ago

I want extend my apologies to everyone who looked into this thread and were making shipping plans. Unfortunately, the seller pulled out of our in place deal to sell to a local buyer. Unreal. Smh.

Anyway, I'll be calling Eddie in a few hours to tell him this run is cancelled. But by all means, if everyone has machines they need shipped, Eddie is an awesome choice. Not only has he been doing this for years, he's also the nicest guy you could hope to meet. Grade "A", top notch pin brother. Your game will arrive issue and worry free.

I'm actively looking for a nice WCS94, so if I find one that needs to be shipped, I'll start another "F.E." moving thread.

Thanks everyone and my apologies again.

#5 1 year ago

If he will come to Ga.(1 hour north of Atlanta), I can get a NIB pin on the run, it has to go to the DC area.

#6 1 year ago

Pm me his #, I will call him.

#7 1 year ago

Here it is, so everyone has it.

Fast Eddie:

(518) 366-4569

#8 1 year ago

Oh wow, I need yo contact Eddie. Hopefully I can get in on this run.

#9 1 year ago

I just got off the phone with Eddie and told him what happened with my seller selling his machine to someone else.

I also told him a few people are interested in a few deliveries along this route. He said he's in for this run and for anyone who's interested to just give him a call to work things out.

The great things with Eddie is that he wraps machines up so they can withstand a nuclear blast, and as more people add deliveries on the route, he charges less per person too. I tip him anyway so it evens out, because this guy works hard. But he really cares about people and getting them their machines in perfect shape and as cheaply as possible. Can't recommend Eddie highly enough.

In the meantime, I'm hoping I find a machine soon and get back in on this route run myself. Anyone selling a nice WCS94 or a modded out Godzilla Premium, please let me know.

Thanks everyone.
    Derek.

#10 1 year ago

I have a low play first owner Rush Pro I’m looking to move if anyone alone the route is interested.

#11 1 year ago

I actually have a WCS94 which I was going to hold & post for Allentown as I don’t want to deal with packing & shipping via STI or Fastnel.

#12 1 year ago

If anyone on this potential route is selling or trading a Metallica please let me know

I have a GOT LE and Spider-Man vault available for trade

#13 1 year ago

I'm trying to put together a run for Eddie. I am in Ga., so if anybody between Atlanta, Ga. and Albany, Ny. has anything going, let's try to put a Fast Eddie run together. I have 2 pins that need to get to the D.C. area. I assume there needs to be 5 or 6 total deliveries to make it good for all parties.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I'm trying to put together a run for Eddie. I am in Ga., so if anybody between Atlanta, Ga. and Albany, Ny. has anything going, let's try to put a Fast Eddie run together. I have 2 pins that need to get to the D.C. area. I assume there needs to be 5 or 6 total deliveries to make it good for all parties.

I’m right along that route actually. GOT price lowered, still looking for a Metallica

Machine - For Trade
    Spider-Man VE Archived
    HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Putting my Spider-Man Vault Edition out there for trade Game is in excellent condition with no issues or wear to speak of Upgrades include: -ColorDMD -lighted legs -pinball shoot...”
    2023-03-18
    Medford, NJ
    Trade
    Archived after: 22 days
    Viewed: 1716 times

#15 1 year ago

I will be selling a restored T2 in the next week and am right down the street from Fast Eddie. PM if you're interested.

#16 1 year ago

I’m along that route and Eddie has been to my house a few times.

Have 3 nice Gottlieb EM’s. Quick Draw, Flip-a-Card and Sing Along available for sale

#17 1 year ago

I just spoke with Eddie. He was in an accident early this AM. Multicar pileup. He's a little banged up.... just leaving the ER now.... but overall thankful as it could have been much worse.

His truck did not fare so well..... he'll be unable to assist us for a stretch here. Very disappointing for him as he just placed that truck on the road too. Best wishes as he gets back on his feet

(Posting this with his permission)

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from CullenT:

I just spoke with Eddie. He was in an accident early this AM. Multicar pileup. He's a little banged up.... just leaving the ER now.... but overall thankful as it could have been much worse.
    His truck did not fare so well..... he'll be unable to assist us for a stretch here. Very disappointing for him as he just placed that truck on the road too. Best wishes as he gets back on his feet
    (Posting this with his permission)

Wow, glad he’s okay! That sucks about the truck. It’s never with some old beater, it’s always when you buy a new vehicle!!

Hope Eddie recovers... fast he’s the man, and clearly has a passion for driving.

#19 1 year ago

Oh man, that's terrible! I feel awful for Ed, but I'm so glad he's okay.

I thank you for letting us know that Cullen. I'm gonna have to wish him a get well soon text.

Most importantly, vehicles come and go. Insurance can pay for another vehicle, but you can never replace life or limbs. So I'm thankful that he's okay.

#20 1 year ago

Oh no! But it sounds like he's OK, thankfully. Hope the insurance comes through, he was so excited about the new truck. Eddie was just here day after Christmas, jolly as ever. Loaded him up with home baked chocolate chip cookies for the road. Santa with a Jersey accent.

#21 1 year ago

update per fast eddie. he wants you all to know he is ok. he is going to be off duty for a few weeks until he decides whether or not to go back on the road or call it quits. these are his exact words and wanted me to post them exactly like this. he wants to thank you all for the support and best wishes he will let me know as soon as he decides and i will post an update then. of course you can call him and speak to him directly just doing as he requested me so that there are no misunderstandings.

#22 1 year ago

Shit. I can totally understand his apprehension in getting back on the road. The dude is 73 or something! He’s amazing protecting the games and they always end up in perfect condition

I’d be willing to throw him a few bones just to support him, whether he hangs it up or not.

#23 1 year ago

Eddie is 76 and one of the absolute nicest/best people out there and a totally awesome pin brother. If he has to retire because of this, I think we should start a thank you retirement fund for him here on Pinside to help him out. JS.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Eddie is 76 and one of the absolute nicest/best people out there and a totally awesome pin brother. If he has to retire because of this, I think we should start a thank you retirement fund for him here on Pinside to help him out. JS.

I’m in. He’s one of “those guys” - keeping the hobby alive, a total character, and a legend in own right. I’ve met a lot of “characters” in this hobby, and not all of them are real great as humans. He’s the nicest, most up front dude I’ve met

#25 1 year ago

Well shit! Eddie is a gem of a person. I'm Glad he's okay after the crash. If he's truly retiring, ill gladly contribute.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m in. He’s one of “those guys” - keeping the hobby alive, a total character, and a legend in own right. I’ve met a lot of “characters” in this hobby, and not all of them are real great as humans. He’s the nicest, most up front dude I’ve met

^^^This^^^ Couldn't have said it better!

#27 1 year ago

Fast Eddie GoFundMe?

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

Fast Eddie GoFundMe?

He really doesn’t like them, last I recall, he shut down one because it’s something he genuinely enjoys and he doesn’t want “extra money”

I could be wrong, but for some people it is genuinely about doing a job you enjoy and the money is merely a formality.

#29 1 year ago

So with Eddie shut down, is anyone doing trips?

#30 1 year ago

I could be talked into doing a road trip from Boston to FL at the end of the month. Enclosed trailer. Insured to move games. So I don't get inundated with PMs can everyone just start dropping zip codes of drop offs and pick ups.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I could be talked into doing a road trip from Boston to FL at the end of the month. Enclosed trailer. Insured to move games. So I don't get inundated with PMs can everyone just start dropping zip codes of drop offs and pick ups.

Albany NY area an option?

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

Albany NY area an option?

Yeah. I'll get a map drawn out of what I'm willing to do. Don't know that I would be as inexpensive as Eddie but I'd definitely take the same level of care, and would also be willing to discuss game room deliveries vs just getting it to someone's driveway.

#33 1 year ago

I just talked to Eddie. He's in the process of buying a new truck as we speak. So it sounds like hopefully the insurance should cover it all. He sounded so excited about his new (now totaled) truck I guess it just wasn't meant to be. If he gets stuck with hospital bills or if insurance doesn't fully pay for the truck I would gladly chip in.

1 month later
    #34 1 year ago

Anybody hear from Ed lately? His home phone is disconnected and I've left him a couple of voicemails on his cell and he hasn't returned them which isn't like him. Hoping he's okay...

2 weeks later
    #35 1 year ago

Bump. I was wondering the same. Anyone hear from the legend?

#36 1 year ago

Last I heard he retired, a friend called him a couple weeks ago to see about moving a game and he said he was all done.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from byurick:

Last I heard he retired, a friend called him a couple weeks ago to see about moving a game and he said he was all done.

Good for him. I'm just glad he is doing well.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from byurick:

Should we send him a retirement present? Boxes of little debbie cupcakes?

#39 1 year ago

I saw Eddie not too long ago in Richmond VA picking up a game. (6 weeks ago?)

He and his truck looked ready to retire.

Nice guy!

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from Topcard:

Anybody hear from Ed lately? His home phone is disconnected and I've left him a couple of voicemails on his cell and he hasn't returned them which isn't like him. Hoping he's okay...

He still uses a flip-phone! lol

Oh Eddie....

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

I saw Eddie not too long ago in Richmond VA picking up a game. (6 weeks ago?)
    He and his truck looked ready to retire.
    Nice guy!

That was just before his accident when the new truck got totaled. Eddie went from my place to yours on that trip through VA. He looked tired so I offered our guest room on his way back up north from Richmond. He politely declined.

When I spoke with him on the phone after the accident it sounded like he was ready to retire. He told me he didn't need the money, he just enjoyed staying busy and being a part of pinball. Sweet guy.

#42 1 year ago

It really would be nice to do something for him. I'm still not convinced he is retired!

#43 1 year ago

Just talked with him this evening and he told me that he is officially retired and not doing shipping anymore. Anyone else do this on the east coast? looking for a possible shipment from Virginia Beach to Rochester NY

#44 1 year ago

I am looking for someone that would go from MO to VA or as close as they can make it to VA. Open to suggestions.
    Thx

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

That was just before his accident when the new truck got totaled. Eddie went from my place to yours on that trip through VA. He looked tired so I offered our guest room on his way back up north from Richmond. He politely declined.
    When I spoke with him on the phone after the accident it sounded like he was ready to retire. He told me he didn't need the money, he just enjoyed staying busy and being a part of pinball. Sweet guy.

I laughed a bit when I saw your post. Eddie arrived at my house one night to deliver a pin at 10pm. He was late and had been delayed and on the road 15+ hours I offered him to stay in our basement room for the night - he politely declined. I helped him charge his “new” Garmin, gave him a bottle of water and wished him well.

Such a great guy - on delivery day, I truly enjoyed my time and conversations with Eddie, often as much/more as the pin he was delivering.

Here’s to Fast Eddie!

#46 1 year ago

I was just thinking today after a nightmarish move up 3 flights that I couldn’t imagine doing it at his age.

#47 1 year ago

Happy to hear he retired. That dude deserved it.

I understand he did it for the love of the hobby and something to do, but there is no need to kill yourself over this hobby, especially at his age!

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

I am looking for someone that would go from MO to VA or as close as they can make it to VA. Open to suggestions.
    Thx

From MO as in Missouri? Just want to clarify.

#49 1 year ago

Eddie is one of the best dudes out there; I said I was going to call it quits before myself but I have been doing deliveries as well now for the past 10 years; used to do all of cointaker’s white glove deliveries as well, but now I just do it here and there on the weekends and sometimes during the week when I’m not working; I offer pretty much the same stuff Eddie used to do if anyone needs anything please feel free to pm me and I’ll see what I can do for you. God bless Eddie and I hope he enjoys his retirement.

#50 1 year ago
    20221218_083219 (resized).jpg20221218_083219 (resized).jpg
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-eddie-run?hl=dwboca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.