You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

QD 4c stack 2 (resized).jpg
QD 4C stack (resized).jpg
B8737C5A-9E17-459B-A843-63677E9F848E (resized).jpeg
BA5F2B8C-A55A-45C6-B17B-308A70CE8714 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

All of the sudden the 2 top kickout holes are extremely weak as well as the Outhole kicker on the ball return.

I cleaned all the switches and checked gaps on the Hole relay, Ball Return relay as well as the switches on Score Motor 1C and 2B but problem still exists.

The game was playing at 100% before this. Any help is appreciated.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

Did you check that Motor 4C switch that feeds them all?

Thanks for that. I meant to include that 4C were the first score motor switches I checked from the schematic but you making me check it again may has solved it. I just noticed a cracked solder tab on the inside switch.

I’ll resolder and report right back. Eyes aren’t what they used to be.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

I'm confident that's the problem. Good catch.

Well it looks like what I saw was an unsoldered jumper wire that looks like it goes from the inside switch on 4C to 4B but I resoldered it and no change. Also on the schematic it shows that the wire that you were referring to on 4C should be yellow-red but there are no yellow-red wires on 4C. A double Orange-Red wire to the inside switch but no yellow-red unless I’m reading something wrong.

Here’s a picture of 4C. I took off 4D to see better. If you’re Quick Draw has the same score motor wiring on 4C, I wonder if you see a Yellow-Red wire and where that Jumper wire on the inside switch goes to. Thanks for the help.

B8737C5A-9E17-459B-A843-63677E9F848E (resized).jpegB8737C5A-9E17-459B-A843-63677E9F848E (resized).jpegBA5F2B8C-A55A-45C6-B17B-308A70CE8714 (resized).jpegBA5F2B8C-A55A-45C6-B17B-308A70CE8714 (resized).jpeg
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

Ha! That's what I get for being confident. *laugh*
I'll check mine out in a few minutes and see what my 4C stack looks like.
Paul

Thanks Paul. I still think you’re right.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

Yeah, I definitely have a YEL-RED wire on the outermost switch - orange jumper on the other side. That switch has the large contacts too, which I'd expect for that high-current job.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for the pictures. Yeah mine just has a plain yellow wire instead of the yellow-red but it also has the large contacts.

I’ll do more checking and cleaning. Seems like it almost has to be 4C. Thanks again.
Danny

#11 2 years ago

Bingo. After seeing your picture of the yellow-red wire and what switch it went to I cleaned the large contacts again and adjusted the switch to make even more contact and that was it.

Not sure if it was the extra cleaning or if that switch was just a hair open when closed but it’s working great now.

Thanks again Paul for pictures and advice.
Danny

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

I've had pop bumpers get weak and I clean and clean those contacts, and eventually, the pops perk up again. This must have been similar.
Glad you got it figured out, Danny - I love that game!

The little things are everything. Thanks Paul, it’s such a fun game.

Can’t walk by it without playing 3 balls.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-draw-weak-kick-outs-and-outhole?tu=Sea_Wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.