Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Circuit Breaker chart (resized).jpg
_DSF3287 (resized).jpg
qddt (resized).JPG
Pinball (resized).png
Quick Draw target sequence (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CactusJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

Look for nuts or other hardware under the jones plugs. And, solder splashes on sides of switch stacks. Missing fish paper or nylon spacers between blades.

#11 5 years ago

Check for solder lugs on the trip bank leaning on an adjoining lug. Make sure the trip bank is fully seated in its slots and fully tightened down (wing nuts).

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from phototamer:

A new problem came up though - trouble shooting EMs is so easy !!!! - when all drop targets are down , and the 2 horseshoes come up , the GI 10 amp fuse blows. I installed a 10A Circuit Breaker And the problem is very consistent. Another short somewhere ....

The only thing I can think of would be the two pinkish 5000 inserts which light with the Horseshoes. And the contacts on 5B on the trip bank.

qddt (resized).JPGqddt (resized).JPG
#19 5 years ago
Quoted from phototamer:

You are right CactusJack , the problem is on 5B ...

When the 2 horseshoes come up , that contact closes and the problem happens. The short though is not immediate. for 2 or 3 seconds the GI lights dim and then the circuit breaker , I have in the GI fuse , trips.
Another short somewhere I guess !

Do the pink lights come on dimmly? It may be one of those two sockets. Unsolder the wires to the lug to the center tip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CactusJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-draw-misbehaving-?tu=CactusJack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.