Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Ace24
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

My Fast Draw that I've had for years, now has power to the playfield at game over. The flippers flip, the pops pop and chime. The drops chime and will reset. 10 point switches don't chime. Nothing scores on the score reels.
Q (game over relay) and AX switches appear to be opening and closing as they should.
Any ideas of where else I should look?

#2 4 years ago

The switch on the Game Over (Q) relay with a Red&Yellow wire on one side and a Red&White wire on the other side should open and interrupt power to the playfield.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks. That's just where I looked after checking the schematic. The switch opens. I see no contact at the points or the lugs. Do I have a strange short introducing power to the circuit somewhere else?

#4 4 years ago

You can verify if you have a short by checking the "playfield side" contact of the open switch on the Game Over Relay with a volt meter. You will likely find power still there indicating voltage is somehow getting fed there. Use standard electrical troubleshooting techniques to solve.

#5 4 years ago

if you do find power on the "playfield side" of the contact, check the leaf insulators for cracks/breaks on the contact.

#6 4 years ago

I found the problem. There was a switch stack screw resting in the Jones plugs at the back of the machine. It turned out to be from the player 3 1000 point reel EOS switch. I couldn't find the tiny nut that holds it in to put it back where it belongs. I did put it back using the nut from player 4 of same since player 4 will be used a little less often.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Ace24:

I couldn't find the tiny nut that holds it in

If you find out the thread size I have some 3-48 and I think 4-40 and 5-40 sizes

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If you find out the thread size I have some 3-48 and I think 4-40 and 5-40 sizes

I count about 24 threads per 1/2 inch = 48. But hard to be sure. Only about 1/16 inch diameter to the screw. Can check my hardware store 1st. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-draw-has-playfield-power-during-game-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.