4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

This is a weird one. I had just finished a game with 82,260, just missing the 83,000 replay level. Went to add credits at the coin switch (the one for 3 games per coin) and the 1000 point chime suddenly went off with each credit added, that never happened before. Testing it out some, it will only chime if the 1000 reel happens to be sitting at 1000 LESS than the replay level. It won't chime if it is any other number. Does the same thing for the second replay level of 99,000. Other than that I totally tuned the game up years ago and I keep it maintained and everything else works perfectly, replays, scoring, chimes, everything. Any suggestions?

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

it will only chime if the 1000 reel happens to be sitting at 1000 LESS than the replay level

After carefully looking at the schematic, this looks like a flaw in the Fast Draw design that could have been avoided by isolating the chime the same way the knocker is isolated from the high score circuit. The Yellow&Green wire from the Player unit disk should have been connected to the Make-Break switch on the W relay, where I drew the 2 red arrows.

Thanks, MarkG for looking at this for me.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 4 years ago

Aha, thanks, I had a feeling this might just be a design thing where they may have decided oh well, it's going to ring but nothing worse than that, and besides it is so rare to ever happen (score sitting at replay level - 1000 and then game is coined for multiple credits) so let's forget it. It must be rare alright because I've been playing this thing for decades and it never happened until now, and I always coin it with that same switch. So it's only Fast Draw that has this particular glitch?

#4 4 years ago

Another design problem I *think* I stumbled on awhile back is the alternating ‘500 when lit’ bullseye targets when game is set to 5 ball. If a 500 target is hit quickly enough after an adjacent 50 target is hit (rebounding off a pop bumper) it can actually score 5,000 points. If a 50 & 500 are manually pressed simultaneously, bingo, 5000 every time. Something to do with how the 5000 pt center drop targets circuit scores using the 500 and/or 50 relay or something from what I could make out. I adjusted the relay lockout sw on the score motor as far as I could and it improved but still once in a blue moon if a 50 and then a 500 target are hit quickly enough in succession it can still occur. Can anybody else verify this on their machine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-draw-adding-mult-credits-rings-1000-chime?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.