(Topic ID: 171843)

Farthest you've driven for a Pinball Machine?

By mystic-

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rgb635
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161022_150834 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Hey guys,
    Went and picked up a new Pin yesterday, Drove from Pittsburgh to Maryland a little over 4 hrs each way.
    It was about a 9 Hour round trip including loading the machine. I didn't mind a bit, the machine was well taken care of. Same owner had it for the last 30+ years..

What the Farthest you guys have drove to pick up a Pinball machine that you wanted??

20161022_150834 (resized).jpg20161022_150834 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

15 hours round trip.

#4 7 years ago

Over 24 hrs 1 way for a project Genesis

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

#6 7 years ago

Driving 15-16 hours round trip sunday to pickup agbgowt.

#7 7 years ago

Chicago to New Jersey

Too fricking far, OK?

#8 7 years ago

Picking one up on my way through KS this weekend. I've done 12 hours each way...all in one shot for some early 1930's crane games that I restored. Now that was a long day.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Picking one up on my way through KS this weekend. I've done 12 hours each way...all in one shot for some early 1930's crane games that I restored. Now that was a long day.

If only we had known, we could have saved so much time for each other!

#10 7 years ago

Beautiful game. Not sure which one was the longest, but many hours. I live both in PA and NJ so I can cover a very wide radius while making it seem "normal", and usually end up planning my trips on where I'm staying around what pinball machines I need to pick up.

#11 7 years ago

7428 miles for a $75 pin.

#12 7 years ago

2 hours one way. Important to note that it was my first machine and was an LW3. Since then, pin purchases (was up to 19) have been 1 hour or less by car. Bought 3 off ebay and everything worked out ok. Have been fortunate/lucky regarding ebay buys.

#13 7 years ago

Nc to Green Bay.
    Nc to Chicago.
    Nc to Long Island.
    Nc to New Jersey.

Also short trips from nc to Ohio, Maryland, South Carolina, Atlanta, Tennessee.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from balzofsteel:

7428 miles for a $75 pin.

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

If only we had known, we could have saved so much time for each other!

Not really, I am going out regardless. I am working on cleaning up my dad's estate.

#16 7 years ago

23.5 hours round trip across 3 countries

#17 7 years ago

1800 miles round trip for a great deal on a SM (yes apparently my time is not worth that much!).

#18 7 years ago

18 hour round trip for TSPP. ended up being longer... damn snow

#19 7 years ago

Northern NY to Torrington CT
    Northern NY to Mechanicsburg PA
    Northern NY to NJ

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Scotty78:

Northern NY to Torrington CT
    Northern NY to Mechanicsburg PA
    Northern NY to NJ

You need to find one in Philadelphia, Pa.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You need to find one in Philadelphia, Pa.

It's bound to happen sooner or later lol maybe the Barb Wire I'm looking for will be in Philly

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

Now that is dedication

#24 7 years ago

18 hours round trip.

#25 7 years ago

15 hours round trip, and had to fast track a passport since the game was in Toronto and I didn't want to lose a very nice Medusa.

Do I get extra points for driving to another country to get a game???

#26 7 years ago

I'm still driving and I haven't stopped. Its been ten years.

#27 7 years ago

Drove from Atlanta to Texas to pick up a killer deal on 2 machines. Once we agreed on the price I went to Harbor Freight and purchased their small trailer (40 x 48 with 12 inch tires). Hitched it up and headed west 800 miles to pick up a Dr Who & Tx Sector. Fueled up and headed right back!! Nice trip but I wasn't to fond of that long bridge through the Louisiana bayou!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/farthest-youve-driven-for-a-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.